Don't worry, this is not intended as a criticism of the Playbook, just a few observations. To get straight to the point, I also use a Transformer Prime and just updated it to Android 4.1. While the Prime does have a robust app ecosystem and a quad-core processor, even with the latest version of Android, the OS is remarkably sluggish in comparison to the Playbook running one year old technology that is also on my desk as well. Like all Android tablets, it is also pre-disposed to app crashing. If the Playbook had any sort of a viable app ecosystem, and had been released with the 2.X OS as version 1 a year ago, I think it could have been a success as a business device and have a reasonable market niche now. To be honest, I view only it and the upcoming Windows RT and Pro tablets as having touch OSs worth my time. The Prime will now get relegated to the bedroom to occasionally watch Netflix and send a few emails....
    Last edited by stephen_az; 09-27-12 at 05:42 PM.
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    09-27-12 11:56 AM
    I've had a few slow downs from time to time but I use the PlayBook as my primary computing device and have about every emulator available plus plenty of sideloaded apps as well as a ton I've bought from App World. So as for my slowness, I can really only blame myself.
    That said, most of the time it is still very speedy and I have no real issues with it. My track record is pretty good all things considered. Plus my battery health is surprisingly good in my opinion for having the PlayBook for almost a year and a half.
    Last edited by axllebeer; 09-27-12 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Spelling
    09-27-12 12:06 PM
    My Playbook is nice, but my 7" Acer A100 tablet is just as smooth and quick. ICS is also extremely stable, and Android is full featured, unlike my PB, where I still can't get full IMAP implementation on email, unless I use sideloaded Android apps (which I do).
    09-28-12 11:34 PM
    @Stephen_az
    How'd you get Netflix to work on PB?
    09-29-12 02:12 AM
    That's the thing with android. Th experience with the same version varies device to device depending on how the device maker screws with the os.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    09-29-12 02:30 AM
    My PlayBook is just as good as the day I bought it! Even at full price when it was released, it is worth every penny.
    09-29-12 08:04 AM
    @Stephen_az
    How'd you get Netflix to work on PB?
    He said he has Netflix on his (Transformer) Prime. Not his PB.
    09-29-12 09:12 AM
    I haven't kept a single playbook for more then 10 months but that's because I started to 16GB, bought 32GB sold the 16GB tona friend. Got a free 32GB and sold my old one to another friend. So I'm on my 3rd Playbook and all of my past ojes still perform well from my understanding.
    09-29-12 09:49 AM
    While reading this thread, i decided to have a quick look at Battery Guru to see how things were.
    So, some 4 months since I bought the tablet, battery health has gone from 96% to 90%... Isn't that a bit fast?...
    09-30-12 02:09 PM
    While reading this thread, i decided to have a quick look at Battery Guru to see how things were.
    So, some 4 months since I bought the tablet, battery health has gone from 96% to 90%... Isn't that a bit fast?...
    I won't get too concerned just yet. Mine has been at 85 for over 6 months.
    09-30-12 02:13 PM
    I won't get too concerned just yet. Mine has been at 85 for over 6 months.
    Ok. And what's the expected life span for these batteries exactly? I remember reading it was 2 years or thereabout. would that be correct?
    09-30-12 02:18 PM
    Ok. And what's the expected life span for these batteries exactly? I remember reading it was 2 years or thereabout. would that be correct?
    Well, I'm not sure on specifics, but I've had mine for almost 18 months now since launch so being in the 80 percent and up category seems pretty good to me.

Now that said, I did a little test once a few months back and ran mine to 0% then I used it another 45 minutes still at 0. Then left it on all night which was about 9 hrs. It was still on @ 0% . After using it for another 30 mins it finally shut down.
    Last edited by axllebeer; 09-30-12 at 02:33 PM.
    09-30-12 02:30 PM
    The batteries can be replaced albeit not easily apparently.
    09-30-12 02:32 PM
    The tech in the PlayBook is still sound, if a little dated now. OS 2.1 should prove a little more efficient than 2.0, and BB10 should be better.

My current PlayBook is close to a year old now and I still get a good solid day's use out of it, and I'm probably in the "power user" category.
    09-30-12 03:03 PM
    Battery Guru shows my battery health at 85% I have had mine and charge at least once a day since last July.
    09-30-12 03:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD