View Poll Results: PlayBook owners - Do you own a laptop/netbook?

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, both PlayBook & laptop/netbook

79 92.94%
  • Nope, just my PlayBook

6 7.06%
    Desktop, Laptop, Netbook, Touchpad, Playbook.....Desktop - storage, Laptop - Workhorse, Netbook - bookend, Touchpad - couch entertainment, Playbook always in my jacket, 9900 always on my side....I might have a problem......Kindle for quite time.....
    02-22-12 06:38 PM
    I have my iMac for being my work horse for school, business and hobbies.

PlayBook and Bold 9930 for every day things, and iPhone 4S once in a while when it is turned on (prob. selling it soon).
    Oh yeah... a laptop (Ubuntu), a Macbook Pro (MacOS), a tabletPC (Win 7) and a netbook (Hackintosh).
    Laptop, desktop and playbook. My playbook is with me at all times and gets about 75% of the use. Desktop is my media server and runs some programs (such as my embroidery software) that I can't run on the playbook. I would if I could.

The laptop is only used when I go to trade shows, so my son has it on his lap most of the time while he games and chats.
    02-22-12 06:49 PM
    My desktop is under a pile of stuff I never clean but I'm going to reconnect it.
    My Laptop is for school stuff I cant do on the PlayBook,
    otherwise I use the PlayBook and my phone for texting and calls.
    02-22-12 06:52 PM
    Voted.

I do own a laptop and a netbook. For my line of work (lawyering), specially when drafting documents and pleadings, nothing beats the tactile response and feel of a physical keyboard, thus, the use of my laptop and netbook for said purpose. Heck, this is one of the reasons why we all love our BB phones, the presence of a physical keyboard but, for all other functions, it is already the Playbook.

The Playbook goes with me where ever I go.
    02-22-12 07:02 PM
    Laptop with dock and netbook plus playbook. I am really surprised at how much can be done with the playbook, especially now that 2.0 is here. As I get more used to using a cloud facility, it will become even more useful. Love it!
    02-22-12 07:08 PM
    I'm finding that for maybe 95% of my internet needs, I prefer the Playbook over the PC.

The mobile browsing experience is seriously, SERIOUSLY good; RIM desperately needs to sell this experience to people, because it might just be the closest thing to a "killer app" that the PB has right now (BB Remote, maybe...).
    With the Bridge Remote, the main reasons I even use my computers browser anymore are:
    - If I'm on my computer anyway (I still prefer Office on my computer over Docs To Go)
    - If I'm downloading a .exe or similar file
    - If my PlayBook's battery died (too much playing games while listening to music or Mobile Nations podcasts)

I do have a laptop, but the only time when it matters that it's not a desktop computer is when I want to watch a meeting with Adobe Connect (the PlayBook client is not too good, it often takes many tries and many minutes before it connects, and with chat nodes it only loads people's chats every 15-20 seconds, so I can't see if somebody's asked my question yet, and in order to type in you have to go to a view where you can't see any powerpoint slides or anything, but that's another rant for another time...), or when I need to output something to a projector that is too old to have HDMI.
    02-22-12 07:21 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD