01-17-12 09:47 PM
39 12
tools
    I liked my first playbook 64GB , I bought another for my better half. She loves it and plays alot of puzzels and other games.The playbook size is perfect. But it is personal preference and i beleive there are good things coming for the playbook
    01-17-12 01:36 PM
    I have the 32 GB version after getting my wife 16 GB version. She originally wanted an iPad but after seeing it's size and the way it operates and some of the frustrations I had with the one from work I used for a couple of months she decided on the PB. She now loves it's size (it fits perfectly in her purse) and how it compliments her BB 9800. She is also an avid reader and we have had Kobo accounts (along with their ereader) for a while, we both now use the Kobo app for reading eBooks. The 7" size is perfect for reading.

She loves it so much that with the new OS release and movie store coming I just ordered her the 64 GB version while the price is at $299.00.
    01-17-12 03:08 PM
    I'm not an apple fanbot, but at the moment apple and android are way ahead, just because of app support.
    I bought a playbook recently in the sales, and iv'e my fingers crossed for os 2.0, because the app situation right now is terrible.
    In my view get an ipad or android tablet.
    That said the playbook itself is great. But the lack of software to exploit it is sad.
    01-17-12 03:13 PM
    I have both. I had the playbook first. When I got the Ipad2 I thought OK here is comes I will be hooked and make the switch. But after playing with it a few week I came crawling back to the playbook. I love the UI of the PB and the fact the web expericence is closer to a desktop then Ipad. I also do our Christmas cards online and print them at walgreens. I only had the Ipad with me so I tried with that. No go. The site said I had to use an app. So I downloaded the app and it was very limited with layouts. When I got home I grabbed the playbook and went to walgreens.com and everything worked aswell as previous years on my desktop. Complete WIN

Oh and Bridge is something I can not live without! You don't know what your missing. If you already have a phone then it is bonus for you. The playbook is less awkward to carry arround. That and not needing an extra data package to get data on the go is ++++++
    01-17-12 03:37 PM
    I have both the iPad2 and the PB. I would start off by saying that they are different. I, like some others here, don't own a BB phone so my experience is different. Supposedly, that will change with the new OS.

I carry both with me around the city all times in my messenger bag. I also own a Samsung Galaxy Tab that I rarely use.

Here are a couple a points:

1.) I've had each iteration of the iPad since it launched.(If you keep them in solid condition, they maintain a high resale value in the secondary market. I use an Otterbox.)

Despite the lack of FLASH, I have never felt as if I was missing much of the web. And as Adobe is abandoning FLASH, I don't see how much longer that will be an issue.

2.) The Playbook screen is brighter and having come from the HP WebOs universe with the Palm Pre, the 'swipe' aspect of the Playbook is something I enjoy.

3.) I write for TV, so the iPad screen is an advantage for outside locations when I'm not staying home to write. And apps like PAGES and CELTX allow me to write scripts and convert them to programs on my laptop later.

If you prefer a 7' screen exclusively, and your career has a certain set of requirements that can be met by the PB then, you're not losing anything by going with PB. And if you have a BB phone, you can do more with your PB than I can currently do with mine.

I won't get into the 'APP' discussion. You can decide for you works for you in that arena.

I like them both. I'm anticipating the PB's OS2 as much as I am waiting for the iPad 3 launch.

This probably didn't help you at all. But thought I throw a couple of words in.
    BlackStormRising likes this.
    01-17-12 03:42 PM
    Get the 64 GB model. You will regret it sometime down the road when you have the 16 GB almost full of games, books and oh yeah, movies.

C
    01-17-12 03:45 PM
    I don't have an iPad, but I have the HP TouchPad. Now that I have my beloved PlayBook,
    the TouchPad is gathering dust due to the weight and size of that tablet. I should stop neglecting
    it... but I am always on my PlayBook!
    01-17-12 05:33 PM
    Get 2 playbook 16g for you and for him for the price of 1 ipad2. then you can video chat with him if you are bored.
    01-17-12 07:22 PM
    Get 2 playbook 16g for you and for him for the price of 1 ipad2. then you can video chat with him if you are bored.
    Get 2 64gb PBs for price of 1 32gb iPad2.
    01-17-12 07:31 PM
    Get 2 64gb PBs for price of 1 32gb iPad2.
    True! I forgot about the sale.
    01-17-12 07:38 PM
    I own both, enjoy both. Neither is worth $599 I paid for each, but as rrrebo has said, and I have on other occasions, get the iPad if you do not care about portability and have an acute need for Netflix, skype, or other popular apps, or need a 10" screen. Otherwise, the PB is my preferred device, and I expect OS 2.0, whether RIM merges with Samsung or Amazon or someone else, to seal the PB-is-preferred deal for me. I enjoy both daily, with the iPad mostly there for leisure reading and Flipboard news reading, and the Playbook used for media and continuous work and pleasure computing.

The 64GB PB for $299 is a sick deal. Really hard to pass up.
    mikeplus1 likes this.
    01-17-12 07:49 PM
    I have both the devices. I thought the ipad was great till I got the playbook. The Ipad is with my kids now and Playbook is kept like a treasure with me. There are plenty of apps coming into the playbook. So I am sure you will not miss much. Honestly, i struggle with the Ipad these days - trying to swipe up and down and then I remind myself of the homescreen button.
    I was trying to set something up on moms ipod touch and I was starting to wonder why it wasn't working. Then I remembered that i wasn't on the Playbook. I really like the jestures on this.

I say you go try them both out at a store and decide from there.

What type of apps do you think you will want? Take a look at what is available for both.

If your even half interested in a Playbook and you can find one on sale i say buy it. If you don't like it you can return it. The ipads price won't change anytime soon so there is no rush on that.

James
    01-17-12 08:06 PM
    If u wanna save money to pay data plan go for playbook..if u notcare to pay anothrr data plan u go for ipad..if me i will choose a playbook not because im a bb fans but browsing with playbook more nice then ipad..n for the apps game lacks rite now..i trust this upcoming os2.0 for playbook will solve it..some more playbook more cheap then ipad..u can save ur bf money tpo save his money if u love him
    01-17-12 08:54 PM
    here's another way to look at it... you will not find another portable 7-10" device with the same build quality for this price for who knows how long. Google apparently is realeasing a $200 tablet but how well made the material quality will be is anyone's guess. no idea of a release date either.
    01-17-12 09:47 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD