View Poll Results: Do you have a Blackberry PlayBook?

Voters
866. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

836 96.54%
  • No

30 3.46%
    I got mine on April 30. Ordered it on Friday, and specified FedEx Priority Saturday deliver. I was really anxious and excited to get hold of one.

Unfortunately, I am quite underwhelmed. People have always complained, 'you can't do anything with an iPad...' Well, I have to now counter that I at least am able to check email on them (an original and iPad 2) right out of the box.

Apple products are somewhat 'closed', but certainly not as much as the BB. I've owned and used a Pearl (which I loved) and a first gen Storm (which I despised) and RIM / BB are all about security. But if a device is so "secure" that I can't use it for routine things (such as check email, other than Gmail or Yahoo - I don't use AOL or Hotmail) then I feel there will be a very small niche for the PB.

I want to love the device, I really do. I love the hardware, the interface, and the form factor. I want to use it along side my iPad.

But I think RIM rushed to market a half-baked device, just trying to compete. The hardware is cool, the OS is hands down far better than Honeycomb, but without the functionality, it falls well short of a tablet for someone like me (or someone who doesn't use a BB.) It's a business decision far over my head, but I think if it would have been more mature (i.e., more usable applications on launch), and they had at least allowed basic functionality (email?!?!) beyond some browser bookmarks, I think they could be a real contender to a wide audience.

I'm undecided if I will keep the unit and wait to see if it blossoms, or if I just send it back. In any event, it's going back in the box, and I'm really, really disappointed.
    05-01-11 04:21 PM
    Using it now and loving it!

Great device!
    05-01-11 04:46 PM
    Nailed mine on launch day. Had to go to 2 stores and was lucky enough to get the last unit, happy ending to my story
    05-01-11 06:08 PM
    Anymore votes? Only 390 crackberry members with PB?
    05-02-11 01:06 PM
    Apple products are somewhat 'closed', but certainly not as much as the BB.
    PMSL oh dear i stopped reading when i got there lol.

BB's arent as closed as the apple products...anyone with half a brain cell knows that on the ipad or iphone...you can hardly do anything ie customisation unless you want to jailbreak the phone, which leads to all sorts of other issues...i know because i own an iphone4 and its jailbroken. But at least with the BB's we can see into the file system, make changes, change themes, icons etc etc without having to hack the **** out of the device.

Dont get me wrong i do like my iphone4, its a lovely device but trying to say BB are closed is silly to be quite honest...compared to apple, they arent.

Looking forward to getting mine this week, have ordered a 32gb wifi so i voted yes...been convinced by the posts on here to get one so ill have a new toy to play with....sure the pb has issues but they seem to be getting rectified by new updates from RIM...as for email etc??..sure its a bummer that its not on there but RIM have said they are going to make it available...perhaps theres a reason as to why its not on there from day one...could be a few bugs they are trying to smooth out....for me it would be nice to have but it aint a deal breaker.
    05-02-11 02:10 PM
    I don't have a pb yet and I intend to get one ASAP... that is when I have some extra money to invest in a 32 g pb! So at this moment I will reluctantly vote no.

Perhaps the OP should get another poll started 2 or 3 months later and ask if any of us who voted no bought one!!
    05-02-11 02:54 PM
    May be more today with all the news?
    05-03-11 01:53 PM
    Got my 32 gb on launch day. Have not put it down either. BB where i bought it sold out immediately and have had trouble keeping stock since. I love the device more and more everyday. Keep up the good work RIM.
    05-03-11 02:15 PM
    Have one. 32gb. day 2
    05-03-11 02:58 PM
    64 GB here had since 4/20/11
    05-03-11 03:03 PM
    32GB since day 1 on release day, the BB store only had 2 32GB and about 6 16GB ones. No store arround my way has a 64GB.
    05-03-11 04:26 PM
    64 GB ordered from Best Buy as a walk in, one week before launch. Picked up on the 19th after I called them from work and said don't give it to anyone else, I will be there at 5:15pm. It was there waiting for me with a handwritten note that it was not for sale - previously reserved.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by ms monster; 05-25-11 at 07:55 PM.
    05-03-11 05:16 PM
    May be on the next round of updates... will get few more votes... I think the poll is peaking at this point... so we have only 467 playbooks on this forum?
    05-04-11 09:11 AM
    i bought a 16gb a week ago. love it
    05-04-11 09:17 AM
    use it for a week
    05-04-11 10:31 AM
    32gb at launch!

05-04-11 10:33 AM
    64GB last weekend .. LOVE IT !!
    05-05-11 09:15 AM
    64gb is mine to play with LOL

05-05-11 09:20 AM
    just buy mine today..32gb..
    05-05-11 09:27 AM
    All these 32 and 64 GB reports are making me feel inferior with my little ol' 16 GB. Eh, since I've already gotten my wife addicted to its pure awesomeness, I'm sure I could convince her to commandeer it at some point - allowing me to upgrade; selfishly, indeed. ;D

I was going to wait a while before purchasing, mainly in response to the initial reviews (was I the only one who felt a bit side-swiped the week before launch) and I made it nearly 5 days before I broke. Went to Best Buy on the premise that I just needed to "touch it". They pulled one out of the glass case (not even a demo on the floor!!) and I made a side-by-side comparison with it and the tablet-that-shall-not-be-named.. for about an hour and half. Needless to say I left that store a very satisfied customer.
    05-05-11 10:33 AM
    Let's keep going!
    05-09-11 02:48 PM
    i have the 32g, and i am addicted with my playbook, it gives me sleepless nights, i love it so much, just want to share, i just realize today that when you're watching movie or listening to music using headphone, try to remove the headphone then the music or movie will pause, i love this feature, this the first device that i have with that feature, i love typing with my playbook,
    05-09-11 04:21 PM
    Added to the roster.
    As a side note, was checking these out at CDW.ca, damn 10K plus at one of their warehouses.
    05-09-11 04:26 PM
    32gb at launch!

DITTO amigos.
    05-09-11 04:41 PM
    guyz help, my battery life is getting worse, it now drains 13% of battery every 1hour as compared to 1.5% per hour during the first OS version, i already accept the video chat agreement and already drain my battery then charge, but then its getting worse, before it last 20+ hours but now i can only get 8-12 hours, there something wrong, sorry, out of topic just want to get some help, thanks
    05-09-11 09:34 PM
121 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD