IF I get an Otterbox Defender, can I still replace screen protectors? Or am I stuck with the one that appears to be built into the case?

I use a 32 Playbook in an industrial environment. The bundled leather book case is worn right out. I change screen protectors often due to heavy use.

Love this playbook as it does everything I need it to do, replaced 99% of my laptop. Only missing a camera card reader for emailing quality camera photos.
    01-27-13 11:37 AM
    you wont need to replace screen protector, the one that comes with the defender is pretty thick and resistant. They have endured now one year of my 3 and 5 years old....scratching, falling, eating, drinking, you name it...

if you don't like it, just cut it off and use our own...

The support team at otterbox is great and useful go for it!
    01-27-13 11:46 AM
    I put my own screen protector on mine and removed the one that came with my Otterbox.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    01-27-13 11:46 AM
    rapid charger still works fine with the otterbox?

not the cradle that does not work with any case.

I tend to replace screenies few times a year just cause they get to scratched up. I just use the cheap hipstreet ones since the expensive ones only last a few months longer.

I am NOT gentle with my playbook. Grease, dirt, snow, wet gloves, diesel soot, etc. And the kids also get crazy with it.
    01-27-13 12:33 PM
    rapid charger still works fine with the otterbox?

Yes it does I use mine all the time.
    01-27-13 12:49 PM
    I think I've heard of people having a screen protector on under an Otterbox screen protector, though I stand to be corrected. In your case, you might want to put a screen protector on over your Otterbox screen protector. That way you could just peel it off and replace it once it got scratched. The Otterbox screen protector is tough but it's sure to get scratched with the use you describe. As long as the touch is still recognized by your PlayBook, this should work.

And yes, the travel rapid charger works great as long as it's plugged in correctly. It must be placed so that the wire extends over the other ports rather than over the Otterbox case. If put the other way, it might look like it's charging but the prongs aren't making proper connection and it's not.
    01-27-13 03:10 PM
    (...) Only missing a camera card reader for emailing quality camera photos.
    Get an Eye-Fi card, and sideload the android app. You find yourself alone (Eye-Fi will probably never compile an PB app, won't support you) but as long as it works, and for more than a year it has worked perfectly, you can set the thing so that any pic you take automatically gets onto your PB as a backup, even without wifi available (the Eye-Fi card then deploys its own). Cherry on the cake, if you have hosted site that accepts ftp uploads, Eye-Fi will also upload your pics there when you are back on the 'net.
    Search 'Eye-Fi' in this forum for more details...
    01-27-13 03:13 PM
    Early on when I was using the OtterBox, I just removed the one that it came with it and used my own screen protector. Worked great.
    01-27-13 03:21 PM
    Early on when I was using the OtterBox, I just removed the one that it came with it and used my own screen protector. Worked great.
    Works for me also.
    01-27-13 04:05 PM
    Works for me also.
    Which screen protector? I have one on now, some cheapo one but it has lots of air bubbles.
    02-24-13 03:01 PM