Will a Blackberry rapid charger fit on a Playbook while in an Otter box case.

Thanks Doug
    06-06-12 09:59 PM
    USB cables yes, the charge stand no.
    rexrim likes this.
    06-06-12 10:07 PM
    Yes the rapid charger works with the OtterBox case. The magnetic connector only fits in one direction. (The cord end of the connector is towards the usb connector).
    06-06-12 10:56 PM
    Thanks. I did not want to spend the money until I knew it would fit.
    06-06-12 11:22 PM
    Using the NON-dock rapid charger (is it officially called the Travel Charger??) that way right now and have for months (a year???).

If used the opposite way noted above (wire off toward the right), you can get a "false positive." That is you may get a Lightning Bolt but it will probably NOT charge since it does not get fully seated and only two pins make contact giving the false reading.

Hopefully, you can find it reasonably priced. Folks have found it on sale for about $20 in the past. Great as it saves wear and tear on the usb port.
    06-07-12 12:30 AM
    I have not had any problems charging using the OtterBox case with rapid charger.

Attached are photos of the connection setup that I use.

If you try to attach the connector in the opposite direction then there will be a false positive charging indicator, as one of the pins would not make contact.
    06-07-12 09:33 AM