I tend to upgrade once I'm sure that it is better and after all the issues I've read about the wifi I think I'll give it a miss.

I'll just use the 9700 for now. It's no big deal.

I am using the 9700 too and have no issue with bridge. However, if I turn off BT on the phone and if I decided to reconnect again. I had to reboot the phone. Simply turn on BT again on the phone and reconnect does not work. Several users on this forum reported the same issue with their 9700.

I am thinking of replacing my 9700 with a 9810 or wait for the new BBX phone coming in the summer, 2012.
    11-30-11 06:01 AM
    I guess we are forced to upgrade as soon as possible as BB phone hardware needs to support the newer OS so that the PB works efficiently. I got my PB primarily because I wanted to bridge to my BB phone.

I have been a loyal BB user since 2007, upgrading every 2 years. I love my new BB9810 and the PB; the bridge works beautifully, especially if you download the bridge app from RROYY.com (no tether cost). If you are on ATT, do not download the bridge app from the app store; that app requires you to pay for tethering.
    11-30-11 06:05 PM
    I guess I've got to drag my pb to a Verizon store and see if things are faster (if I can download the bridge to their 9930). I did hit a Verizon store today and they only had the Torch, NO 9930!!!!
    11-30-11 07:15 PM
    I found that upgrading to the OS2 beta improved bridge functionality a lot. It feels must snappier and more responsive compared to 1.0.7 or 1.0.8
    11-30-11 07:44 PM
    i am gona leap frog you guys with a QNX device
    11-30-11 07:59 PM
    I went from bridging with a 9700 to a 9900, and WOW theres a HUGE difference!

I also have the ability to Tether at no additional cost cause of my awesome Granfathered data plan on Tmo, and Tethering internet service to whole device is WAAAAAAAY better with an OS7 Berry.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-30-11 10:08 PM
    This spurs me to get the 9810 sooner-than-later

My bridge with 9800 could be faster
    11-30-11 10:43 PM
    Anyone with a 9650 upgrade and you wont be disappointed. 9650 is a great device but I was amazed at the upgrade. Get a Playbook while your at it.
    drew.dana likes this.
    12-01-11 06:03 AM
    I use applications like Qfllio to get stock prices. When bridged with a blackberry do applications like these receive data also?
    12-01-11 09:15 AM
    I use applications like Qfllio to get stock prices. When bridged with a blackberry do applications like these receive data also?
    Unfortunately not... Only when you tether, or mobile hotspot.

Bridge is mostly for giving you an amplifed view of whats already on your BlackBerry.
    Zetti likes this.
    12-01-11 12:19 PM
    Anyone with a 9650 upgrade and you wont be disappointed. 9650 is a great device but I was amazed at the upgrade. Get a Playbook while your at it.
    Agreed. My wife somehow managed to bust up the headphone jack on her Bold 9700. It kept switching the jack on and off which made it impossible to talk. I used this as an excuse to upgrade my phone, and give her my Torch 9800 while I upgraded to the 9860. Granted, I went from 3g to 4g, but the communication between my PB and new Torch is much faster, including the download speeds. If I've got at least 4 bars in 4g I'm getting almost the same speed as my wifi at the house. I am pretty impressed.
    12-01-11 02:06 PM
    This is the perfect combo indeed! With the latest OS leak for the 9900 I can now run mobile hotspot and bluetooth at the same time. My Playbook and Bold are working so well together right now its like a dream.
    As i type,
    I have bridge connected so i can BBM and email while my phone is charging.
    Mobile hotspot connected while monopoly is downloading in the background. ($4.99 SALE)
    Bluetooth headphones streaming radio on my BOLD from my home country (Trinidad)
    Browsing crackberry.
    No Lag!
    All over 4G. No wifi!

Powerful combination i tell you!!! I love my playbook/9900 even without OS2 and all its new features!
    01-27-12 07:36 AM
    Yep, I'm seriously looking to upgrade the wife's Curve 8330 for either a white Curve Touch or white Bold (the slightly smaller model).
    01-27-12 07:45 AM
    os7 and pb are made for each other.
    01-27-12 07:49 AM
    Unfortunately not... Only when you tether, or mobile hotspot.

Bridge is mostly for giving you an amplifed view of whats already on your BlackBerry.
    Just saw this older comment and wanted to point out that's incorrect. Most apps will have data access via bridge. The only exception I know of that doesn't work via bridge (or tether for that matter) is AppWorld.
    01-27-12 08:17 AM
    My husband has my old 9800 paired with his playbook and is quite happy. Of course I don't let him play with my playbook with is paired to my 9810. There is quite a difference in the way browser works via bridge. Much improved. I love my Torch and my Playbook. Perfect combo for me.
    01-27-12 08:23 AM
    I definitely recommend anyone who is on the fence about upgrading to definitely take the leap! The difference in performance is sensational even jumping just from an OS6 device. My 9900 is perfect to hold me over till BB10 hits.
    01-27-12 01:19 PM
    I'm pretty happy with the Bridge performance on the 8330 Curve...will 7.0 make me soil myself?
    01-27-12 01:27 PM
    I'm pretty happy with the Bridge performance on the 8330 Curve...will 7.0 make me soil myself?

You just said 8330!!!
    7.0 will def make u jizz in ur pants lol
    01-27-12 01:39 PM
    I have the Bold 9700 and its browser speed is pathetic on 3G and my corporate account also does not have tethering activated. So it didnt work for me when I tried it initially. But today I thought I will try again after reading this post and turned off the WiFi on my PB and launched the bridge browser. And to my surprize, it loaded and I could surf the web. The speed was pretty good too. Then I realized my BB was also on the same wifi.... so I turned off the wifi on the BB as well. Again I was surprized to see it worked albeit much much slower speed.

Is this known? can the bridge browser work even if you dont have tethering? or does work just randomly?

Thanks.
    01-27-12 02:00 PM

You just said 8330!!!
    7.0 will def make u jizz in ur pants lol
    "Mother, pack the Depends....we're going to the Sprint Store...."
    Chaddface likes this.
    01-27-12 03:12 PM
    Is this known? can the bridge browser work even if you dont have tethering? or does work just randomly?

Thanks.
    That's the whole idea. Bridge and standard browser can use your existing phone data plan with no additional tethering fees.
    fj_cruiser likes this.
    01-27-12 03:20 PM
    I've got a Bold 9930, and I bridge regularly, the only thing that slows me down is the CDMA network that Sprint uses. Although, I'm interested to see if we can get Bluetooth 3.0 on the PB. That would be...awesome.

From what I read, and if my understanding is good, it is a software addition...not a hardware one.

Could someone clear that up for me?
    01-27-12 03:33 PM
    That's the whole idea. Bridge and standard browser can use your existing phone data plan with no additional tethering fees.
    Ok cool... thanks! Now I have to get the Telecom guys to get me a newer BB with OS 7. I have unlimited data on my corporate account but my 9700 3G speed just sucks....
    01-27-12 03:48 PM
    That's great that it is such an improvement. I'm using a Torch 9800 with my PlayBook, and although I manage to browse the internet on the PlayBook using bridge, it can be very slow at times and tends to hang. Unfortunately I'm not due for a full upgrade till the end of next summer . Perhaps I'll pay the little bit extra and get myself the 9900.
    Andrew I had a 9800 and found browsing using the Bridgebrowser descent, but I did not have too high expectations. Since I got my 9810 I noticed a fair speed increase
    01-27-12 07:26 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD