This is sooooooo PATHETIC on RIM.

They give Native Email finally... but what the douch?!? Only allow ONE Exchange account?!?

Apple's iOS on iPhone and iPad can have MORE THAN 1 Exchange Account!!! This makes it idea for IT people to do tests and ideal for IR people.

Geeze. RIM should get their act together and smarten up!!!
    02-22-12 10:59 AM
    I have 2 exchange accounts on my pb os2. Not sure what's up with yours.
    BrizzadMan likes this.
    02-22-12 01:53 PM
    Nice first post.
    peter9477, louzer, AggreX and 1 others like this.
    02-22-12 01:54 PM

They give Native Email finally... but what the douch?!? Only allow ONE Exchange account?!?

Apple's iOS on iPhone and iPad can have MORE THAN 1 Exchange Account!!! This makes it idea for IT people to do tests and ideal for IR people.

I put my native email icons away. i still use bridge contacts, calendar etc. so much better.
    02-22-12 01:57 PM
    I have 2 exchange accounts on my pb os2. Not sure what's up with yours.
    D33pa,

Not sure what you are actually on or if you are just lying. We're on Exchange 2007 with SP3. But I've done this many times. Restarted, no go. Wiped it, back to default, reloaded the latest OS v2.0.0.7971 and still the same problem. Cannot add the 2nd Exchange Account. As soon as you add the 2nd Exchange account, it asks to wipe the previous one.

I've dones this on iPad and iPhone and Samsung tablet and they all works with more than 1 Exchange account...except for Blackberry Playbook.

I've called in to Blackberry support.

After the usual troubleshoot what they would have me do, which seemed like repeating myself for the last 24 hours, Blackberry technician finally says, it doesn't work.

His comment was, it should've worked. But it didn't. Then puts me on hold for about 10 minutes. Then he says, just checked with the developers and is a known issue on their end. He says that the issue will be fixed in the new update.

New update? And when will that be? He doesn't know.

Geeee... thanks.

What really bothers me.... Developers knew this on their end.
    02-23-12 12:51 AM
    The only thing pathetic is you.
    Someone's trying to help you and you turn around and talk trash?

I couldn't careless if you figure it out or not, but thought I'd post for others to know that it is possible for 2+ exchange accounts. + Gmail with full active sync. See screenshot. The only issue I have encountered is not being able to setup exchange on the pb on an alternate ssl port, have another thread open for that issue.

PS, this is on a 64gb pb.
    djnshores likes this.
    02-23-12 01:23 AM
    The only thing pathetic is you.
    Someone's trying to help you and you turn around and talk trash?

I couldn't careless if you figure it out or not, but thought I'd post for others to know that it is possible for 2+ exchange accounts. + Gmail with full active sync. See screenshot. The only issue I have encountered is not being able to setup exchange on the pb on an alternate ssl port, have another thread open for that issue.

PS, this is on a 64gb pb.
    I'm not taking sides in this, but how is that screenshot proving you have two exchange accounts set up?

I have one set up, haven't tried a second one, but my one is recognized as a "work" account and has a briefcase icon next to the word "Email". I can't take a screenshot because if you have a BB Balance exchange account you can no longer take screen shots.

My three gmail accounts all look like your screenshot. Those aren't exchange accounts.
    02-23-12 01:31 AM
    Lol, really couldn't care less if you don't think I don't have two exchange accounts + one Gmail account on my pb. Thought I'd take a screenshot, but apparently that don't prove anything. I don't have bb balance enabled on besx, it is on bes express though; haven't used the bridge since native email came to life. I can assure you they are 2 exchange accounts.
    Nothin more to say.
    *unsubscribed*
    Last edited by d33pa; 02-23-12 at 01:40 AM.
    02-23-12 01:37 AM
    d33pa,

Don't mean to trash you. But the information you've provided conflicts with your claim. Just like the other user in Blackberry Community who made a claim where he was able to have more than one Exchange account on the Playbook. Which was incorrect. I was able to reproduce the so called "Exchange" logo using GMAIL account info. That is NOT Exchange.

Do you know what is an Exchange? Exchange is Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 and 2010. This is what most corporate offices use for corporate emails.

On the Blackberry Playbook, when you add a new account, go into Advanced Setup to setup a Corporate email account using Microsoft Exchanage ActiveSync. If you don't have corporate email account or have never setup a corporate email account on a Smartphone or Tablet device, then you don't know Microsoft Exchange and Blackberry integration well enough.

In any case, I've already called up Blackberry Technical support directly and confirmed the issue. It is an oversight on their end and they will fix that in the next update. When? No one knows.

For now, even with the latest Playbook OS 2.0 update, it is still not a full-fledge business tool. There are several still some issues found.

Now some of you may think and ask, why would anyone want more than 1 corporate exchange email account on one tablet? IT, IR, Marketing, and other VIP and Executives who manage more than 1 Corporate Exchange account. This is done on iPad and iPhone.
    02-23-12 06:28 PM
    I do know what exchange server is.
    If you look at the logo for exchange active sync in accounts setup, it is the same as the screenshot I posted previously - for Gmail and the 2 exchange 2003 accounts.
    02-24-12 02:28 AM
    I can confirm I just tried adding 2nd exchange account and it worked no problem. OP seems to be a noob. You should ask your IT guy to set it up for you.
    02-24-12 05:41 AM

This forum is not a substitute for tech support! If RIM tech support and your company's IT department can't help you, then it is a long shot that anyone here can solve your problem. At least RIM tech support has access to your personal information about the problem. It is a shot in the dark for forum members.

If you want to rant, OK. But don't dump on people who are trying to help.

I don't know squat about Microsoft Exchange so I am not going to venture a guess. From what I have observed, RIM is having technical problems that other tablet manufacturers don't have. I think it has something to do with the PIN for each device. If you notice, OS 2.0 does not have BBM and BB10 has been delayed until much later this year. Perhaps your problem is related.
    chongman likes this.
    02-24-12 08:03 AM
    *Ahem* Not taking sides here.

Thought I get myself involved with the forum and add in my feedback. I am on Microsoft Exchange 2007 as well and I too have the same problem with adding additional Exchange account.

Since the OS 2.0 update, I've playing around with Native email over WiFi. After a few days of testing, we called in to Blackberry Support too and was on the phone for a *WHOLE* day to try this and try that and grabbed all the logs on the Exchange. After all that, the tech comes back and says the Native Email is not working properly as it should. The tech says the fix should be in the next release.
    02-26-12 04:47 PM
    Great so let's wait until the next release.

Everyone seems to have really high standards for RIM.. Trying to figure out if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

/endthread.. On to the next one. Did you b*tch this much on iOS 5 battery life?
    02-26-12 05:35 PM
    LOL! I did not b1tch as much on Playbook as I did with iPhone. Expect the unexpected.

When I was on my 3 week vacation down in Las Vegas and LA.... I tell yea...

iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4 battery life were terrible! Both the iPhones were fully charged by 10am and I unplugged the 3GS to go around Las Vegas. By 12:30pm it was down to 10%.

Holy crap! I didn't use the phone at all and I checked that there was no app running in the background.

Luckily I had the Blackberry 9700 with me that time and I pulled the sim out of the iphone and started using my Blackberry 9700. By end of day, I checked on the 3GS again.

1 week with 3GS while in Las Vegas was . 2nd week with iPhone 4 in Las Vega was still bad. I gave up on iPhone usage after 2nd week and started using my Blackberry 9700 through the rest of the vacation.

I tell ya, my 9700 was sexy and a joy. 3rd week parts of LV and LA...battery was amazing. From morning to 10pm, Blackberry 9700 lasted for me really well for phone calls, sms, and emails.

Blackberry 9700 is my favorite and savior. I am on 9810 now. Battery life is not as good as 9700. What's funny, every time go back to my 9700, I try to touch the screen and realize it's not touch screen. LOL
    02-27-12 07:15 PM
    I'll test tomorrow trying to add another corporate exchange account to my playbook and report back.
    02-27-12 07:37 PM
    I'm not sure what issues others are having with adding multiple Exchange accounts, but I run my own Exchange Server 2010 and I have added 4 concurrent accounts successfully.
    02-27-12 08:11 PM
    I also can't add a 2nd mailbox without it trying to wipe my first one and setup a new Enterprise secured area on the PB. My primary Exchange account is also linked to our BESx server which I am the administrator for. I wonder if this is part of BES only allowing one user and PIN on the BES server and this has flowed over into the ActiveSync setup?

For the people who have managed more than one mailbox are any of your accounts also linked to a BES server?
    03-02-12 12:08 PM
    For the people who have managed more than one mailbox are any of your accounts also linked to a BES server?
    Does Blackberry Balance make a difference here? I have set up 2 PBs to the same Exchange a/c. One triggered a Blackberry Balance set up, the other didn't. I don't have two exchange accounts I can try to sync with, so I can't test this myself.

BB might prevent two sync accounts?
    03-02-12 02:25 PM
    My Exchange server is not linked to BES or BESX.
    03-02-12 03:13 PM
    I also can't add a 2nd mailbox without it trying to wipe my first one and setup a new Enterprise secured area on the PB. My primary Exchange account is also linked to our BESx server which I am the administrator for. I wonder if this is part of BES only allowing one user and PIN on the BES server and this has flowed over into the ActiveSync setup?

My account is in BES server but the second account I tested is not. I don't have a second exchange account that is also in the BES I can test with.
    03-02-12 03:20 PM
    I do know what exchange server is.
    If you look at the logo for exchange active sync in accounts setup, it is the same as the screenshot I posted previously - for Gmail and the 2 exchange 2003 accounts.
    I can confirm your experience as I also have 1 Gmail account and 2 Exchange accounts. They are 1 Exchange 2007, and 1 Exchange 2010 and I am the administrator of both. And in anticipation of his next salvo, they are in separate domains and Active Directory forests. One is an on premises Exchange organization and the other is a Live @EDU (Office365) environment.
    03-02-12 09:41 PM
    Does Blackberry Balance make a difference here? I have set up 2 PBs to the same Exchange a/c. One triggered a Blackberry Balance set up, the other didn't. I don't have two exchange accounts I can try to sync with, so I can't test this myself.

BB might prevent two sync accounts?
    Not 2 sync accounts but 2 Enterprise accounts. Balance can only create one Enterprise account. This is because it creates 2 separate and secure work spaces. It also creates a separate Work app folder containing a separate browser instance. It also creates a separate Enterprise storage and Print To Go storage. If you save attachments from an Enterprise account they are only saved in the Enterprise folder. You can't copy them to a non Enterprise folder nor can you paste from one work space to the other. If you click on a link from your enterprise email, it opens the Work browser. Bookmarks are separate too.

Not allowing more than one Enterprise account would be by design otherwise the confusion and separation could not be maintained between the 2 Enterprise accounts.
    03-02-12 09:52 PM
    d33pa,

Don't mean to trash you. But the information you've provided conflicts with your claim. Just like the other user in Blackberry Community who made a claim where he was able to have more than one Exchange account on the Playbook. Which was incorrect. I was able to reproduce the so called "Exchange" logo using GMAIL account info. That is NOT Exchange.

Do you know what is an Exchange? Exchange is Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 and 2010. This is what most corporate offices use for corporate emails.

On the Blackberry Playbook, when you add a new account, go into Advanced Setup to setup a Corporate email account using Microsoft Exchanage ActiveSync. If you don't have corporate email account or have never setup a corporate email account on a Smartphone or Tablet device, then you don't know Microsoft Exchange and Blackberry integration well enough.

In any case, I've already called up Blackberry Technical support directly and confirmed the issue. It is an oversight on their end and they will fix that in the next update. When? No one knows.

For now, even with the latest Playbook OS 2.0 update, it is still not a full-fledge business tool. There are several still some issues found.

Now some of you may think and ask, why would anyone want more than 1 corporate exchange email account on one tablet? IT, IR, Marketing, and other VIP and Executives who manage more than 1 Corporate Exchange account. This is done on iPad and iPhone.
    Hey I have two Exchange accounts setup on my PB 2.0, my home email which is running from SBS 2011 and my office email which is on Exchange 2010.

Now what you don't mention or maybe I missed it somewhere is if you are trying to create two Exchange accounts from the same server? If you are I don't see how this is an IT, IR, Marketing problem with the tablet as most normal people have one email for everything and short things out manually or by using rules into folders.

A.
    03-02-12 11:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD