After the announcement that bb10 wasn't coming to PlayBook!!
    When do you think we will actually get an update? Thorston Heinz has said we are getting some sort of update and also what do you guy's think will be in it?
    Kenny ;-)

Posted via CB10
    07-06-13 12:23 PM
    If they'll just update the browser for a faster handling of Flash and Javascript, I'll be a happy camper.

-----------------------------------------------

Calorie Monitor Pro for Z10, Q10, Q5 and PlayBook
    Andrew4life, rallen562 and rexrim like this.
    07-06-13 12:30 PM
    After the announcement that bb10 wasn't coming to PlayBook!!
    When do you think we will actually get an update? Thorston Heinz has said we are getting some sort of update and also what do you guy's think will be in it?
    Kenny ;-)

Posted via CB10
    He didnt say that.
    07-06-13 12:38 PM
    If I recall, the statement was more along the lines of "there will be continued support." Which some take to mean warranty repair and apps in BBworld. No one knows. I did start a thread on seeking clarification of what that meant.
    07-06-13 04:39 PM
    Playbook users deserve the best browser Blackberry has developed, Android Jellybean compatibility for Apps such as Google Maps and Skype, and BBM.
    bbpb_87 and Mike Wadas like this.
    07-06-13 08:38 PM
    Never, I think
    07-06-13 08:45 PM
    I would like to be able to sync calendar and contacts thru Active Sync without having to use Google or a work around.
    07-06-13 09:23 PM
    I hope that is the case that an update will eventually come to reality but at this point I am having a difficult time in believing anything from BB. I hope they prove me wrong to boost their reputation of late. I guess we will once again wait to see as BB has more immediate work to do to keep afloat.
    07-06-13 10:41 PM
    I think they'll update it. I have no inside source or anything. I'm just optimistic.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-13 10:47 PM
    Change for the sake of change is seldom positive. Take a year and get it right. Take two! Don't pull a Windows Vista out of the hat.
    07-06-13 11:14 PM
    B*tch pls.It's technical support on the phone.
    07-07-13 12:01 AM
    If they'll just update the browser for a faster handling of Flash and Javascript, I'll be a happy camper.

-----------------------------------------------

Calorie Monitor Pro for Z10, Q10, Q5 and PlayBook
    Bring back full bridge functionality and I'm in.
    07-07-13 09:46 PM
    I see maintenance updates in our future as well as an update for Flash player. That's going to be about it. Then they can still say, "look, we're still supporting the PlayBook ".
    07-08-13 10:54 AM
    are we playing bluff?
    thanks!
    -paul
    07-08-13 11:03 AM
    BBRY needs every dollar they have to promote their future... BB10.

PlayBook has lost the company enough money at this point, based on other comments from Thor don't think a even a new tablet will be seen until they are secure that BB10 has a future.

Bet he pulled the plug on on whole PlayBook division, other than warranty and tech support.

PlayBook is well over two years old... just no reason to do maintenance releases anymore.
    07-08-13 11:12 AM
    I understand the OS UI won't look like BB10, but with both running QNX at the core, why can BlackBerry not upgrade apps to be on par with BB10 OS? Like the BB10 browser internals just with a different PlayBook Skin, and same for many other apps...is this not possible?
    07-08-13 11:19 AM
    Having worked for hardware and software companies for 40 years, I would say that they will drop this puppy (PB), like a hot potato, very soon. If you are not on the latest and greatest, you don't count and they have little time to spend on your issues.
    07-08-13 04:24 PM
    All I would like is full bridge and jelly bean runtime if possible. Browser updates would be welcome. Other than that I don't know if the compelling features in BB10 would translate to tablet well anyway.

The only other big loss is that nobody will make apps for a dead tablet so jelly bean is important

Posted using my Q10 via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    07-09-13 05:55 AM
    Having worked for hardware and software companies for 40 years, I would say that they will drop this puppy (PB), like a hot potato, very soon. If you are not on the latest and greatest, you don't count and they have little time to spend on your issues.
    i am only 30 years old! sh!t! i think its best decision from RIM that the developers who think they can (includes me) develop something for this? will go ahead. its cost intensive. and since not too many devices sold? its a win win for RIM and so for us. this still is a good device.
    thanks!
    -paul
    07-09-13 05:59 AM
    All I would like is full bridge and jelly bean runtime if possible. Browser updates would be welcome. Other than that I don't know if the compelling features in BB10 would translate to tablet well anyway.

The only other big loss is that nobody will make apps for a dead tablet so jelly bean is important

another android fan! :-D
    i am not an android fan. i used to be with 1.1 but not since 1.2. thanks anyway!
    thanks!
    -paul
    07-09-13 06:00 AM
    another android fan! :-D
    i am not an android fan. i used to be with 1.1 but not since 1.2. thanks anyway!
    thanks!
    -paul
    I'm not nessisarily and android fan. I have. Q10 and a playbook. What I know is the app store for the playbook is as good as dead until BlackBerry makes another tablet. So unless they update to jellybean runtime the chance of pb owners getting any new apps on it are close to dead. So android fan or not I want to still use my playbook and would like some small updates to the existing os.

07-09-13 08:07 AM
    BBRY needs every dollar they have to promote their future... BB10.

PlayBook has lost the company enough money at this point, based on other comments from Thor don't think a even a new tablet will be seen until they are secure that BB10 has a future.

Bet he pulled the plug on on whole PlayBook division, other than warranty and tech support.

PlayBook is well over two years old... just no reason to do maintenance releases anymore.
    you mean they release another legacy device 9720 as part of the promotion of BB10?
    07-09-13 08:29 AM
    I'm not nessisarily and android fan. I have. Q10 and a playbook. What I know is the app store for the playbook is as good as dead until BlackBerry makes another tablet. So unless they update to jellybean runtime the chance of pb owners getting any new apps on it are close to dead. So android fan or not I want to still use my playbook and would like some small updates to the existing os.

okay i take my word back. i use linux/bsds in my devices heavily.
    thats what annoyed me at first. this is QNX and you are over taxing with an android emulation on qnx. which is taxing the resources. if you want android? then give android. why qnx. emulation mode which we are using here is chewing resources. the runtime is in emulation mode. i wonder why would they literally murder so much resources? and then claim 1 gb not enough we need 2 gb min for 10.x OS.
    very funny RIM
    thanks!
    -paul
    07-09-13 08:31 AM
    okay i take my word back. i use linux/bsds in my devices heavily.
    thats what annoyed me at first. this is QNX and you are over taxing with an android emulation on qnx. which is taxing the resources. if you want android? then give android. why qnx. emulation mode which we are using here is chewing resources. the runtime is in emulation mode. i wonder why would they literally murder so much resources? and then claim 1 gb not enough we need 2 gb min for 10.x OS.
    very funny RIM
    thanks!
    -paul
    I'm with you in theory. But BlackBerry can't MAKE app developers make apps... especially for a dead platform. The least they could do is give us the power to get our own apps in android form. Otherwise we will have a terribly efficient tablet with nothing to run on it. And what good is that?

07-09-13 08:55 AM
    I'm with you in theory. But BlackBerry can't MAKE app developers make apps... especially for a dead platform. The least they could do is give us the power to get our own apps in android form. Otherwise we will have a terribly efficient tablet with nothing to run on it. And what good is that?

Otherwise we will have a terribly efficient tablet with nothing to run on it. And what good is that?

and who is exactly the person who will tie the bell around the neck of the cat (RIM/Blackberry)? its not that its not attempted. but as usual deaf ears all the time. i dont understand their retardism. honestly i dont understand. why will i wear a vest on top of a sweater on top another sweater which is on top of another shirt.
    like some super hero. underpants on top of their trousers............ mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm aargh!
    WTF, seriously WTF! and rooting is not a solution its more problem, because people add on more to it. so what was consuming more now consumes even more.
    and i agree with you on one thing "we will have a terribly efficient tablet" ....... it was like lobo - i would love you to want me.

thats the main reason why i bought 2 64 GB. but.......... thanks to RIM
    thanks!
    -paul
    07-09-13 09:59 AM
26 12