Like most everyone else, even though I am really impressed with the QNX operating system on the PlayBook, I am really looking forward to experiencing the changes coming with OS 2.0.

However, I'm sure that, since initial release, there have been patches/upgrades along the way to lead us to 1.0.8.6067.

As I am new to the PlayBook world, I haven't experienced any of these smaller iterations yet. So my question is: what changes to the OS have you seen since release? What is different today compared to day 1?

Thanks!
    02-10-12 09:49 PM
    Bridge, Video Chat, photo app now shows portrait, wifi changes (including a broken thing or two), Both browsers work on the bridge.
    ranchlizard likes this.
    02-10-12 10:14 PM
    theres a few more features since the original release, bridge works better, app selection is way higher, thats about it really, plus certain apps don't crash as often.
    02-10-12 10:15 PM
    Not much has changed since release. A few flash updates is all I remember. Maybe I'm forgetting something.
    -
    The biggest improvement has been to the bridge. At release the bridge browser is the only thing that has access to carrier data and it hardly worked. Many times a save box would appear and no sites would load. A few updates later and most apps had access to carrier data and both browsers worked well.
    02-10-12 10:18 PM
    100 posts going for 1000.. Sorry I had to

It's a good question and I have wondered the same thing as well but it's kind of sad doesn't sound like a whole lot has changed! :s Cummom give these loyal customers OS 2 already!
    02-10-12 10:30 PM
    Sorry I have to add this because it was major:

Bridge used to only let you access the Browser and some files on your Phone.
    Bridge (now) lets you tether your Internet from your PlayBook to your Phone.

Most of the changes are stability improvements and restructuring. They wont seem important until OS2 when you see compartmentalized updates.

But many improvements and updates along the way. Basically seeing OS1 become relatively stable and complete as an OS (not talking about apps, like email and such, but the actual OS).
    ranchlizard likes this.
    02-11-12 12:20 AM
    Sorry I have to add this because it was major:

Bridge used to only let you access the Browser and some files on your Phone.
    Bridge (now) lets you tether your Internet from your PlayBook to your Phone.

Most of the changes are stability improvements and restructuring. They wont seem important until OS2 when you see compartmentalized updates.

But many improvements and updates along the way. Basically seeing OS1 become relatively stable and complete as an OS (not talking about apps, like email and such, but the actual OS).
    are you sure about the possibility of tether internet connection from playbook to phone?
    could you please help me to do that?

cheers
    02-11-12 04:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD