09-24-12 09:52 AM
136 ... 23456
tools
    I upgraded to the Beta 2.1.840 at the begining of September and it went flawlessly. I didn't do a wipe, install and reload or any of the other suggested ways to "best" install a new OS. I just went to the Beta website, entered my PIN, waited 5 minutes, checked for update on my PB and .840 was there. I did an install OTA through the PB and that was all. It has worked as expected since. Android apps run much better now and in their own windows, allowing for multitasking withing Android sideloaded apps. All of my PIM apps work in landscape or portrait orientation as well. I'm not sure what I did or didn't do that others have done or didn't do to have my .840 experience go much smoother than others, but I do know that I simply updated my OS the way RIM has intended. Plain and simple.

Here's to hoping the official 2.1 comes out soon
    09-20-12 11:59 AM
    I upgraded to the Beta 2.1.840 at the begining of September and it went flawlessly. I didn't do a wipe, install and reload or any of the other suggested ways to "best" install a new OS. I just went to the Beta website, entered my PIN, waited 5 minutes, checked for update on my PB and .840 was there. I did an install OTA through the PB and that was all. It has worked as expected since. Android apps run much better now and in their own windows, allowing for multitasking withing Android sideloaded apps. All of my PIM apps work in landscape or portrait orientation as well. I'm not sure what I did or didn't do that others have done or didn't do to have my .840 experience go much smoother than others, but I do know that I simply updated my OS the way RIM has intended. Plain and simple.

Here's to hoping the official 2.1 comes out soon
    I echo your experience. I would add my battery life has never been better.
    tfp likes this.
    09-20-12 12:03 PM
    I'm running 2.0.1.668 since the original release without an issues and have not received any update notice.
    09-20-12 12:04 PM
    Just checked again and neither my 32/.840 nor my 64/.358 have any updates.

Slow releases to keep the servers from crashing?
    09-20-12 12:24 PM
    on 840 and no update....i think there is some BS going on here
    09-20-12 12:29 PM
    How do you "Be careful"? Either works good or it dont. Dont think theres any control measures we can take.

/morning cranky
    Do a back up first, then wipe and reload. Works for me every time and I have no post update issues at all.
    09-20-12 12:33 PM
    on 840 and no update....i think there is some BS going on here
    I'm thinking the same. Doesn't take much to save screen shots to use later.
    09-20-12 12:33 PM
    If this is really BS, it is a great job of mass conspiracy - too many folks involved for it to be BS-ed for too long.
    09-20-12 12:36 PM
    The image on the first page of this thread post by -lockedtight- shows a sept. 19 date.
    09-20-12 12:41 PM
    I'm thinking the same. Doesn't take much to save screen shots to use later.
    Seriously? You are considering that we who have had updates today are making it up? I assure you it's not a mass conspiracy to decieve. It is strange though that the updates have been at different sizes. I do believe that (like I have read) it's a preliminary to the official 2.1. And if it is, I'm betting it's gonna drop next Tuesday! Rumor time!!! \m/(-_-)\m/
    09-20-12 12:47 PM
    I'm betting that your absolutely right. I think through testing upgrade paths some updates are slipping out to external users? Idk but I have two playBooks both on different builds and I haven't got any update. Looking forward to bla1ze waking up from his ios6 hangover and possibly getting us an explanation.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9670 using Tapatalk
    09-20-12 12:57 PM
    Looking forward to bla1ze waking up from his ios6 hangover and possibly getting us an explanation.
    Heh-Heh... If I were Bla1ze, and I knew what the real story was behind all this confusion.. I'd be tempted to keep it to myself after the flaming he got last time!

Just sayin'
    09-20-12 01:15 PM
    I just wanted to add my name to those who appreciate the head's up about any upcoming events/info.

Thank you Bla1ze.
    mnhockeycoach99 and Barljo like this.
    09-20-12 02:20 PM
    Been checking all day, still no update,and haven't seen any mention of it anywhere except here.
    09-20-12 02:24 PM
    have any of you .668 users noticed that you can add multiple panes to the launcher. I have about six panes going right now and although you may not need more than 2, it was a nice realization. If you would like to add a pane just hold down to delete and shift to the new pane that is created.

maybe this is not news to all of you?

It seems I am learning something new with the pb every day and every day is a treat.
    09-20-12 02:39 PM
    What panes with what launcher?
    09-20-12 02:47 PM
    have any of you .668 users noticed that you can add multiple panes to the launcher. I have about six panes going right now and although you may not need more than 2, it was a nice realization. If you would like to add a pane just hold down to delete and shift to the new pane that is created.

It seems I am learning something new with the pb every day and every day is a treat.
    Can you take do some screenshots?
    Ishaq786 likes this.
    09-20-12 02:54 PM
    Okay i held down shift and delete and...nothing,what are you talking about? Making folders?
    09-20-12 03:13 PM

I noticed this as soon as I updated to .358. Apparently you can have an unlimited number of application panes.

The one thing I am curious about is, when did the named interface "tabs" disappear? I saw some videos on YouTube that seemed to show that some version of the OS GUI had Apps, Games, Utilities, etc. tabs on them. Now there is no name attached to the panes at all, just little squares which you can not name (at least I can't anyhow). Sorry if this is an old question but I am still relatively new to the PB but learning quickly.

Thanks.
    09-20-12 03:16 PM
    The tabs left with os2. They were in the 1.x builds and i dont miss them
    chaosdivine likes this.
    09-20-12 03:23 PM
    Today I got an update to the OS too, but it was a small one just less than 7 megs, and have not deleted anything on the beta, so no idea why or what was updated...
    09-20-12 03:52 PM
    In regards to the creation of new panes or panels whatever you want to call them...here are a few screen shots.Attachment 117342Attachment 117343

if you look closely you will notice six panes becomes seven with the calender app moved to the last pane. I have not tried to see the max limit but that would be irrelevant.
    xantius likes this.
    09-20-12 04:03 PM
    I'm still getting update notifications to 2.0.1.668 469mb. I think I'm going to wait a few more days.
    09-20-12 04:13 PM
    Does VideoChat work on portrait and upside down mode in 2.1?

Thanks
    09-20-12 04:59 PM
    Both our Playbooks at home received minor updates today, .358 and .668. However, my friend who's sitting next to me (.358) didn't receive anything yet.

We're in Saudi Arabia.
    09-20-12 05:11 PM
136 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD