question:

I have a playbook - and bridging to my 9700 is quite slow - i think it may be due to the fact that OS6 uses up most of the devices resources...add bridging into the mix - and its going to be laggy...

anyway - is the playbook bridge OS5 friendly? I was going to downgrade and try.

1. Will the bridge run on Blackberry OS5 and still have all if its functionality?

Has anyone tried this?
    05-06-11 09:53 AM
    I run the bridge with OS 5 on my 9700 and it works fine and it is as fast as my phone. I'm using AT&T with the latest AT&T OS 5 release.
    05-06-11 09:58 AM
    It works fine on my Tour running os 5 (since it can't do os 6 )
    05-06-11 09:58 AM
    OS6 isn't the issue.
    05-06-11 10:29 AM
    OS6 isn't the issue.
    Well if you know that maybe you should enlighten them to as what the issue is then.
    05-06-11 11:00 AM
    OS 5 and 9650/Bold - works as fine as it can!
    05-06-11 11:06 AM
    Yep, running all Bridge functions on OS5 on my Bold 9700 without a problem.
    05-06-11 11:29 AM
    I have a 9700 with version 6 and I do not have any problems, I am with Bell
    05-06-11 12:17 PM
    Agree OS 6 probably isn't the problem.

I still have OS 5 on my 9700. The bridge was fine, at least as far as speed, with the .1710 version of the PlayBook OS. But all bridge apps are slow on .1868, at least for me. I don't mean just slow, I mean something is broken slow.

I would wait for the next PlayBook OS update. That's what I'm doing.
    05-06-11 12:37 PM
    I had given up using OS6 to bridge 9700 with pb, i'm stuck with hour glass over and over, after I use OS5, bridge is a breeze, and I never have to deal with memory leak, and hourglasses when bridging.

however, after using OS6, OS5 feels like soo outdated.

hopefully new releases of OS6 are much more BB Bridge friendly,

those using OS6 and never have any problem with lag, and hourglass, and memory leak, may I know which OS Version are you on?

cheers
    06-08-11 03:18 AM
    i am using os5 on the long abandon storm2 by rim. it works perfectly.

the only possible reason its slow when bridge due to network busy. why? u are going through the BIS during bridge. not forgetting there could be apps running background in your bb phone... all are using the same bandwidth.

however if u tether, thats a whole new story! cuz it utilize another network route and could be dedicated since in most case BIS may be drop during tether.

well. i am speaking on gsm view. cdma could be differ but i would think the logic behind all networking is the same
    06-08-11 08:15 AM
    I'm running the latest Telus OS6 on a 9700 and have no problems. I actually found that after the pb update, the bridge apps are smoother and quicker. But that might just be my head playing tricks on me cause I was starting to feel like a fiend waiting for the next update...
    06-08-11 08:53 AM
    I get similar speeds over Bridge with my Storm 2 on OS5 and a 9700 on OS6. Same network.
    06-08-11 09:06 AM
    I have a Curve on OS5 and the PB works well with it, on Sprint.
    06-08-11 09:28 AM
    OS6 isn't the issue.
    OS6 is the issue, although not directly. I have yet to get os6 running properly on my 9700, it seems to just be a little bit much for the phone to handle. So most the time the bridge works great, but EVERY time i am having bridge issues, i take a look at my phone and my phone almost every time is hanging on something... memory is extremely low due to my os6 memory leak that i can't seem to find. A quick reset of the 9700 and all systems are a go again.... i have also considered downgrading to os5 because of this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-11 09:49 AM
    I get similar speeds over Bridge with my Storm 2 on OS5 and a 9700 on OS6. Same network.
    9700 and storm2 use completely different networks, sorry.... its just the truth. One is gsm and the other is cdma. If you're in canada you're probably getting confused because both Telus and Bell have gsm and cdma networks... so one telus bill can have both phones on it, while using separate and completely different networks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-11 09:52 AM
    running storm 2 with 5.0 and runs great
    06-08-11 10:04 AM
    I'm on Rogers running OS6 on my Torch. Bridge works great and probably even a little faster with the recent Bridge update, but it never had been a problem.

Try closing any apps before you connect to Bridge to see if that'll help you speed. It could be something in your phone.
    06-08-11 10:15 AM
    runner,
    my advice is: if your bridge is working fine without breaking up even if you feel its slow (speed is relative..every person has different measure for speed)
    keep the os 6...
    go to my reply to aryan as i was not able to connect my 9700 to pb via bridge while running on OS 5 while trying every possible solution like updating the bridge...updating the pb...security wipe of pb...i did all of those 3 things yesterday and nothing worked...i thought my device was faulty...the last resort was updating the hand set to OS6...and wallah...the final solution worked and im pleased about it..so i would advice not to change
    my os 6 is working nicely so far...a nice UI on top of it...i feel like i have a new handset also...
    if it ai t broke,dont fix it
    the issue with pb it seems like there are no identical problems...people reporting various bugs all over...so something which could work for me on the same handset model along with same version of software may not work for you
    which is frustrating so you really dont know what the origin of the problem is
    06-08-11 11:12 AM
    Check the version of bridge on your phone that MIGHT be the issue. There was a recent upgrade for 1.0.0.81 to 1.0.0.93 or something like that. The OTA link for OS5 and OS6 is in another thread provided by a helpful member. I have a 9700 with OS5 and it is much snappier after the 1.0.5 upgrade combined with the phone bridge app upgrade - not sure which one helped or if it was the combo because I did them at the same time.
    06-08-11 11:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD