Sorry if this is posted somewhere else, as I have given it a general search, and seen nothing regarding what I'm looking for. I need to know if OS 2 is LEAP ready out of the box, I'm trying to convince my company's IT director to try out the PB for our Tablet Pilot testing, instead of the Lenovo tablets that have to run 3rd party software to enable the LEAP. If someone knows if it is, or if there is a 3rd party application that would, it would help me make my case that Blackberrys and Playbooks should be our only source of help in these type of programs.
    03-02-12 02:37 PM
    Nope. Not yet, you will need to run an update that takes about 30 minutes OTA and Install
    (just did this two days ago)
    03-02-12 02:55 PM
    Nope. Not yet, you will need to run an update that takes about 30 minutes OTA and Install
    What update? Where did you fid it?
    03-02-12 02:59 PM
    HA, yep out of the the box the Playbook can't do anything but do a softwae update.
    after that it works.

The OP needs to learn how to search better
    03-02-12 03:00 PM
    HA, yep out of the the box the Playbook can't do anything but do a softwae update.
    after that it works.

exactly. as for LEAP, im not sure... but you would first have to update to OS 2 regardless, so that may be a turn off. Although if it is a tech company/department it shouldnt be a problem because all you are doing is hitting the update button and letting it do its thing, so you could technically do them all at once.
    03-02-12 03:07 PM
    I'm aware that it needs to be updated initially to get everything up to speed and current, but what I'm looking for is it LEAP enabled once the initial updates are done.
    03-02-12 03:07 PM
    Assuming you're talking about Lightweight Extensible Authentication Protocol (LEAP), it's very hit or miss - with the odds on the miss side. I actually can't get PEAP to work either.
    Tarheelfan40 likes this.
    03-02-12 03:10 PM
    I don't think it supports LEAP
    03-02-12 03:15 PM
    after that it works.

Or possibly you need to reread and understand what I was asking first.....updates are a part of owning a PB....I want to know if OS 2 supports LEAP.
    03-02-12 03:19 PM
    I don't think it supports LEAP
    Is there a 3rd party app that enables it, or should I really be asking that of PB development?
    03-02-12 03:22 PM
    For a question like this I would call or email tech support
    Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: [email protected]
    03-02-12 04:05 PM
    You really shouldn't be using LEAP. It's outdated and insecure:

Cisco Security Notice: Dictionary Attack on Cisco LEAP Vulnerability
    03-02-12 06:26 PM