Hello everybody!

Pardon me for a newbie problem.

I have updated my Playbook to OS2 yesterday. The issue is the fact that the new and improved 5-row keyboard does not come up. Instead, the 4-row kb from Plabook OS 1 comes up. I have tried doing a security wipe and here is what happens:
    When I am asked to enter my blackberry ID password, the new keyboard comes up. Ever since then, its back to 4 rows.
    Any thoughts on how to fix this? I really would like to be able to use numbers without pressing shift.

Thank you everyone!
    02-22-12 03:26 PM
    Hello everybody!

Pardon me for a newbie problem.

I have updated my Playbook to OS2 yesterday. The issue is the fact that the new and improved 5-row keyboard does not come up. Instead, the 4-row kb from Plabook OS 1 comes up. I have tried doing a security wipe and here is what happens:
    When I am asked to enter my blackberry ID password, the new keyboard comes up. Ever since then, its back to 4 rows.
    Any thoughts on how to fix this? I really would like to be able to use numbers without pressing shift.

Thank you everyone!
    For some reason the 5 row kb only shows for password fields. Pity.
    02-22-12 03:29 PM
    It only pops up for password entries.
    02-22-12 03:30 PM
    Oh Way to keep it useless

Thank you for the response btw
    Last edited by BaD-ZeD; 02-22-12 at 04:08 PM.
    02-22-12 04:04 PM
    You have got to be kidding me, they better fix that pronto, I love that keyboard!
    02-22-12 08:20 PM
    I completely understand why they implemented it this way. If you had the 5-row keyboard plus the auto-suggest bar on top, the keyboard would take up 60% of the screen. It makes sense in password fields since there is no need for auto-suggest, and your passwords should be alphanumeric.
    02-22-12 09:49 PM
    I was wondering the same thing. I still think it's not working right though because I don't get it to pop up in every password box. How does it know when to work. Also, it doesn't always give predictive text. Where's the instructions? Jk, but more information would be great.
    Last edited by alucard12; 02-22-12 at 11:19 PM. Reason: Follow up
    02-22-12 11:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD