what is the additions in 2.1.... id it worth getting... i am RIM all the way but not that technical unfortunately.....

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    09-03-12 02:19 PM
    what is the additions in 2.1.... id it worth getting... i am RIM all the way but not that technical unfortunately.....

2.1 adds portrait Email, Calender, and Contacts app functionalities, which is a big deal for some people I suppose.

For me, and I think definitely most people, the biggest advantage is that Android apps now run in their own windows instead of all in one, which essentially solved 99% of the functionality of Android apps as well as bringing them into the PlayBook's realm of true multitasking. Android apps work great on the 2.1 beta, most people using it don't even mind them anymore where was before they were hated.

I believe there are several other updates but those are the most major, at least to me enough to remember them. :P
    09-03-12 02:24 PM
    What would you all rather have... 2.1 or BlackBerry 10 on your PlayBooks? I'm sure no one would mind if they skipped over 2.1 in order to get BlackBerry 10 ready earlier for the PlayBook than previously expected.
    kozmo68 likes this.
    09-03-12 04:05 PM
    WOW I cant believe the update is never coming I was waiting for 2.1 from the supposed release of the middle of July! I just want to be able to send texts on my pb already

This just ruined my day.
    damn rim stop messing with my emotions
    09-03-12 04:51 PM
    We all learned a lesson:

- Never to expect!

Just wait and see

Sent from a old but beautiful BB 8520 or a new and shinny PB 2.0
    09-03-12 04:54 PM

Well there is one awesome feature coming with 2.1... The ability to truly sms text from the playbook when bridged to a  smartphone.

Give me a full featured bbm after that and for me this device will be complete, perfect and irreplaceable.
    09-03-12 05:19 PM
    WOW I cant believe the update is never coming I was waiting for 2.1 from the supposed release of the middle of July! I just want to be able to send texts on my pb already

This just ruined my day.
    damn rim stop messing with my emotions
    OK - take a deep breath. Almost everything in this thread is speculation, so you can make up whatever odds you like as to whether or not official 2.1 is coming or not. There has been no official word that it's cancelled so I'd say the odds are at least 50:50 that it will see the light of day.
    09-03-12 06:13 PM
    What would you all rather have... 2.1 or BlackBerry 10 on your PlayBooks? I'm sure no one would mind if they skipped over 2.1 in order to get BlackBerry 10 ready earlier for the PlayBook than previously expected.
    I'd rather have both, but if I had to, I choose a late 2.1 and a on-time BB10.
    JeepBB likes this.
    09-03-12 06:46 PM
    I like cheese grilled sandwiches with nice big pickles.

I can rely on the cheese sandwich to get me thru to 2.1 or bb10.

09-03-12 07:16 PM
    OK - take a deep breath. Almost everything in this thread is speculation, so you can make up whatever odds you like as to whether or not official 2.1 is coming or not. There has been no official word that it's cancelled so I'd say the odds are at least 50:50 that it will see the light of day.
    The end of the World is more likely. At least, the end of the world will occur on time!
    JeepBB and antiRIM like this.
    09-03-12 07:29 PM

I want what I paid for over a year ago. I think I and those like me have waited long enough. And who says bb10 will be supported any better?

Past performance is indicative of future performance.

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850
    antiRIM and Darlaten like this.
    09-03-12 08:20 PM

If they cancel 2.1 on us my pb goes up for sale. Enough is enough.

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850
    09-03-12 08:22 PM
    BB10 won't be available for the PlayBook until sometime after it has been launched according to some articles I've seen here on CrackBerry.com. I don't care about the PB being updated anymore. Too many coming soons from RIM. If 2.1 does come, great. If it doesn't I don't care. I don't really expect anything from RIM anymore, that way i don't get disappointed.

I love my PB and it is what it is.
    09-03-12 09:06 PM
    BB10 won't be available for the PlayBook until sometime after it has been launched according to some articles I've seen here on CrackBerry.com. I don't care about the PB being updated anymore. Too many coming soons from RIM. If 2.1 does come, great. If it doesn't I don't care. I don't really expect anything from RIM anymore, that way i don't get disappointed.

I love my PB and it is what it is.
    Isn't it sad that its come to that though. I feel like you do. At this point, I could care less what happens to the Playbook - it 2.1 comes out, meh, and if BB10 actually arrives something in the new year and somehow, miracously, does in fact get released for the Playbook, meh as well. This whole saga with the Playbook and RIM's promises of some angelic future that never seems to actually arrive has left me cynical regarding anything this company does. My motto - dont expect anything from this company and you will never be disappointed.
    JeepBB and Chrysalis1156 like this.
    09-03-12 09:25 PM
    The official 2.1 is supposed to fix the duplicate email on exchange. I can't use the email until that happens.
    09-03-12 10:06 PM
    Well, summer's almost over and we haven't seen 2.1 drop. Hopefully RIM will give us a drop soon (or at least confirm that it's being delayed).
    09-04-12 12:08 AM
    The official 2.1 is supposed to fix the duplicate email on exchange. I can't use the email until that happens.
    I don't have this problem on beta or official releases... chances are it will be fixed by a debrick process.
    09-04-12 12:08 AM
    If you don't like the brand of car you're driving do ya buy another one?

To me going to a forum to hold the manufacturer hostage is unproductive. Hey if you don't like it or it doesn't perform to your expectations move on buy a different car or tablet.

Just because someone likes what you don't like doesn't either of you right or wrong.

If you no longer like the PlayBook move on just remember compared to PCs and cars tablets are a brand new venture for any company no matter who they are.

Get what makes you happy and remember how bad the cars were in the 80's.
    09-04-12 12:33 AM
    Is this a heavy hint as to RIM's intentions gathered from your "sources"... skip 2.1 in return for BB10 on PB not too long after release of BB10 phones?

Whilst that might actually be a sensible strategy for RIM, I reckon the continued non-arrival of 2.1 anytime "soon" is another hit on RIM's credibility and their continuing poor reputation for delivery.

One of my early mentors taught me the mantra: "Say what you do, Do what you say" which has served me well in my career.

So if that "no 2.1, BB10 earlier" deal is RIM's plan, actually telling people the plan instead of playing this "will she, won't she" game might be a idea.

Tho' I agree with other posters here. I've reached the "meh, nice if it happens, but I'm not really expecting to see it" stage with 2.1 (and *whisper it* BB10) myself.
    Last edited by JeepBB; 09-04-12 at 05:42 AM.
    FF22 and Chrysalis1156 like this.
    09-04-12 02:30 AM
    September - relax
    09-04-12 03:26 AM
    I've just seen a leaked image of a new bb10 phone and bb10 looks awful, it looked like ios 1
    09-04-12 05:32 AM
    I would like to see an update that fixes all the bugs, it would go a long way if RIM would come out with a solid update that prove to us that they have a solid, bullet proof OS. RIM needs to start producing.
    09-04-12 05:49 AM
    If they had something they'd release it.
    ..Steve.. likes this.
    09-04-12 06:14 AM
    If they hadn't spoken about it, nobody would ask for it...
    FF22 likes this.
    09-04-12 06:25 AM
    I've just seen a leaked image of a new bb10 phone and bb10 looks awful, it looked like ios 1
    Well I don't particularly like the sharp edged, square icons but it's not an aesthetic turn off, besides the purported various functionality of BB10 make this "ugly" appearance seem insignificant to me.
    09-04-12 06:33 AM
154 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD