Folks, the last thing we need is for them to take attention off BB10 for 2.1 to keep a couple of disgruntled supposed customers happy (like 2.1 is going to do that anyway). Making a few thousand (at best) PlayBook owners less upset isn't worth delaying BB10 by even a day. There are about 2M PlayBooks out there in the wild vs 80+M BlackBerry phones waiting to be upgraded. 2.1 isn't going to move the stock. BB10 might.
    BlackBerry 10 for the BlackBerry PlayBook is not slated for release until some time after the release of the BlackBerry 10 smartphones which itself is some time during 1Q2013, not 01 January 2013. We have every right to expect Research In Motion to make good on its promise of a BlackBerry Tablet OS 2.1 public release that has been delayed from the original mid-summer release date as per the Chief Executive Officer's announcement at BlackBerry JAM / DevCon in May or thereabouts. Stop being an apologist. Start holding them accountable.
    09-14-12 05:37 AM
    Well I heard RIM has ditched 2.1 because they are putting all their resources into BB10.

Don't really care if 2.1 comes or not personally as I'm looking forward to BB10. I'm happy RIM is taking time to develop BB10 as the .668 update was a damn disaster and ruined many people's Playbooks.
    Thing is tru
    I happily didn't download it because I learned a long time ago to let others post their experiences on a new OS or update. The story's of peoples battery's dying, their Playbooks overheating were insane. And RIM pulled the update after only a few days.
    I have .668 and my PB is just fine. Same thing is true for my husband's. How did said update "ruin" people's PBs?
    09-14-12 06:34 AM
    I have .668 and my PB is just fine. Same thing is true for my husband's. How did said update "ruin" people's PBs?
    I installed .668 and it worked fine for awhile.. Like you, I was wondering what the heck people were complaining about. Then one day, my battery started draining like crazy. Prior to .668. I could go all day without even charging it.. post .668, I was going 4 hours and the battery was almost dead. I switched back to .358 and everything is back to normal.
    09-14-12 09:54 AM
    The fact that RIM released it, pulled it and hasn't supplied a corrected version speaks volumes. It isn't important enough to get fixed. Do as others have suggested; sign up for the developer beta and get 2.1. I am sure everyone will be stunned by the enhancements.
    09-14-12 09:56 AM
154 ... 567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD