Well...the new 2.1 beta is most stable...if RIM is calling this version beta than surely they have raised the bar for non beta releases...Anyone complaining about any bugs just need to get the 2.1 beta and restart your playbook after update to avoid above mentioned problems like browser freeze...

I am loving my playbook...and I absolutely find it a bargain....
    09-02-12 11:15 PM
    So it is true. PlayBook OS will only stay in beta until BB10 is released.

Bummer!

I hope it's all worth it.
    09-02-12 11:54 PM
    So it is true. PlayBook OS will only stay in beta until BB10 is released.

Bummer!

I hope it's all worth it.
    I wonder what would happen if RIM Suddenly stated that BB10 would not be coming to playbook...
    09-03-12 12:25 AM
    if that is the case, what's point for beta development?

Cover some holes?

Sent from a old but beautiful BB 8520 or a new and shinny PB 2.0
    09-03-12 12:30 AM
    I wonder what would happen if RIM Suddenly stated that BB10 would not be coming to playbook...

Then , an official full 2.1 should pop out lol

09-03-12 12:32 AM
    Then , an official full 2.1 should pop out lol

Yeah i guess so lol.
    09-03-12 12:33 AM
    Lets all cross our fingers that it arrives soon.
    09-03-12 12:52 AM
    I have yet to experience any of these so called bugs. I am running 2.1 beta and it works very well I for one don't really care if 2.1 officially gets released would much rather bb10 gets done so I can be entertained reading all the supposed problems with it.

Don't let me down CrackBerry nation keep the whining coming!!!!!

13 posts and you feel you need to call in question the people and issues they have posted about?

Geesh.....

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850
    09-03-12 01:03 AM
    Last I checked, summer ends at 14:49 UTC on the 22nd.
    Most of the people I know set their seasons by what the weather-guy says, not by what their neighbourhood astronomer thinks.

"Early Summer" was what the RIM guys said during a presentation in their own BB World event.

Not that it matters, because I don't believe 2.1 will be here in "Summer", however you measure it.

And for the "BB10 will be here anyway soon" guys... RIM have always said that BB10 will come to PBs after the BB10 phone release. And nobody does "after" like RIM...
    Last edited by JeepBB; 09-03-12 at 02:04 AM.
    09-03-12 02:01 AM
    Bard's Tale was supposed to be released in August...guess what? It's already September.

If RIM can't release products on time, at least don't make any promises.

Disappointed yet again.
    smartie88 likes this.
    09-03-12 02:14 AM
    would there be any hardware-limiting factors/parameters for BB10 - that may deny wifi PB a BB10 update? processing power maybe?
    09-03-12 02:30 AM
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZXg6Uaxd2k[/YT]
    kbz1960 and kozmo68 like this.
    09-03-12 03:42 AM
    would there be any hardware-limiting factors/parameters for BB10 - that may deny wifi PB a BB10 update? processing power maybe?

No.

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850
    09-03-12 05:12 AM
    Most of the people I know set their seasons by what the weather-guy says, not by what their neighbourhood astronomer thinks.

"Early Summer" was what the RIM guys said during a presentation in their own BB World event.

Not that it matters, because I don't believe 2.1 will be here in "Summer", however you measure it.

And for the "BB10 will be here anyway soon" guys... RIM have always said that BB10 will come to PBs after the BB10 phone release. And nobody does "after" like RIM...
    Oh, Jeep, you have not lost your touch! Yet another redefinition by Rim. Although, AFTER has much more latitude than "soon" "early summer" and the so general "60 days!"
    JeepBB likes this.
    09-03-12 08:51 AM
    The core of the BB10 OS is already running on the PB. We're only looking at a different UI and feature set.
    09-03-12 11:15 AM
    2.1 beta is working just great for me. Just went on a trip with my playbook and my 9900 and I must say it was just perfect. Love my Playbook 9900 combo. Does it get any better than this?
    09-03-12 12:33 PM
    The core of the BB10 OS is already running on the PB. We're only looking at a different UI and feature set.
    The QNX Neutrino RTOS Kernel was supposed to also be updated to version 8 for the PlayBook wasn't it? (Apparently the PlayBook runs version 6.6 now).
    09-03-12 12:34 PM
    Done looking for it and am pretty much at "whatever" at this point. Latest official works ok for me with a few quirks that I can live with. If it gets here, it gets here. Frustrated with RIM and their "soon" and "around the corner" hints to keep us hoping. Love my pb & 9930....not loving RIM as much.
    09-03-12 01:01 PM
    Love BlackBerry, but I suspect We will not see BB10 until Summer 2013 at the earliest.
    FF22 and JeepBB like this.
    09-03-12 01:17 PM
    Well...the new 2.1 beta is most stable...if RIM is calling this version beta than surely they have raised the bar for non beta releases...Anyone complaining about any bugs just need to get the 2.1 beta and restart your playbook after update to avoid above mentioned problems like browser freeze...

I am loving my playbook...and I absolutely find it a bargain....

How do you update the OS to the 2.1 beta?
    09-03-12 01:29 PM
    Is it just me or has os 2.1 just vanished.
    Sad to say, seems it has gone AWOL and we hearing only thT bb10 is delayed and they r working full speed to possibly make it available q1 of next year. We got a measily update a few weeks back that, tho didn't add much, manage to cause so much havoc they withdrew it and told everybody to downgrade.

Trends are established by a sequence of events that include a lot of "firsts" and all moving in the same direction. Well, delays are common with rim but now we have a regression.

I am willing to say OS updates are done for 2012 tho they may keep adding betas to the list that of course don't have to come with promises or garauntees (in fact, they r released with warnings).

The trend I see now is one where official OS's are rare and they just give out betas and say "use at your own risk".

No direction this can go from now is good.
    09-03-12 01:42 PM
    How do you update the OS to the 2.1 beta?
    Go here:

https://developer.blackberry.com/devzone/register

Register and wait for update notification, which usually comes in a few minutes.

Backup everything and then install
    09-03-12 01:50 PM
    but does RIM promise what will be included in 2.1? if not, then what's point to wait? you can have 2.8 and still have nothing major
    09-03-12 01:54 PM
    Done looking for it and am pretty much at "whatever" at this point. Latest official works ok for me with a few quirks that I can live with. If it gets here, it gets here. Frustrated with RIM and their "soon" and "around the corner" hints to keep us hoping. Love my pb & 9930....not loving RIM as much.
    They need the time to climb back up from the mismanagment hole they digged before Thor took control. The change is happening and I like what I heard.
    09-03-12 01:55 PM
    Im currently using the beta. I am still experiencing bugs though and they are extremely annoying. Such as te one where the browser freezes all the time. Really annoying! Come on RIM!
    I was was using the beta for awhile but then backed down to 2.0. Was still having problems with Youtube and Amazon Instant Video. I can wait for the official version.
    09-03-12 02:18 PM
154 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD