RIM said we, playbook users, will receive an update (OS 2.1 official) early summer. As you know summer began yesterday, so does that mean we'll see an update by next week or even by the end of this week?
    Last edited by rupam95; 06-21-12 at 10:05 PM.
    finkle56 likes this.
    06-21-12 10:02 PM
    RIM said we, playbook users, will receive an update (OS 2.1 official) early summer. As you know summer began yesterday, so does that mean we'll see an update by next week or even by the end of this week?
    No - RIM is headquartered in Canada. 'Summer' in Canada is typically the last week of July and the 1st two weeks of August... so that's when we will see it released!
    BrizzadMan, MTL, Mr_Bunny and 2 others like this.
    06-21-12 10:15 PM
    It will be tomorrow*

*the date of this post has no relation to its' content

Seriously though, do you recall when RIM said that native PIM apps will be available by end of summer 2011? You probably know how that ended up.

I say relax, or download the beta if you're needing it that bad.
    FF22, Snuupy and louzer like this.
    06-21-12 10:19 PM
    All I can say is HOLY CRAP! It's one day into summer and you think you are due something? Calm down, be patient, it will come soon enough...
    06-21-12 10:54 PM
    In Toronto today it was 37 in the car without humidity.. I would say we are into summer!
    06-21-12 11:07 PM
    All I can say is HOLY CRAP! It's one day into summer and you think you are due something? Calm down, be patient, it will come soon enough...
    It's just around the 60 days corner...............
    06-21-12 11:24 PM
    I can verify it is summer because it's raining in the UK. This is usually a good indication
    dilijasi, siddo_d, JeepBB and 3 others like this.
    06-21-12 11:25 PM
    In Toronto today it was 37 in the car without humidity.. I would say we are into summer!
    Wow, nice - body temperature! Yech!
    06-21-12 11:27 PM
    Reading these threads, I wonder whether the overzealous crackberry community has some measure of blame for some of RIM's 'failed promises.'
    Puddin13 likes this.
    06-21-12 11:30 PM
    Sometimes in July with the 4g pb, I'd be more specific but my source was laid off recently
    06-21-12 11:33 PM
    Reading these threads, I wonder whether the overzealous crackberry community has some measure of blame for some of RIM's 'failed promises.'
    Nah, as a bb10 user since 2002 I'd say RIM doesn't need any help in the "failed promise" department
    06-21-12 11:34 PM
    Oh boy... here we go again... more Dates & unofficial dates etc... one morning in the not too distant future, you will wake up & your PlayBook will be flashing & you will swipe down & say, "Hmm, I wonder if there's an update?" You will click CHECK FOR UPDATE & Voila!!! There it will be.

That's an unofficial press release from the people @ RIM!!

GOODNIGHT!!
    06-21-12 11:35 PM
    Our two weeks of summer don't start until the last week of July, so a few weeks to go

Really, it comes when it comes. I'm not worrying about it.
    06-22-12 12:42 AM
    I can verify it is summer because it's raining in the UK. This is usually a good indication
    How lucky you must be to always have summer.
    rflan7 likes this.
    06-22-12 05:50 AM
    No - RIM is headquartered in Canada. 'Summer' in Canada is typically the last week of July and the 1st two weeks of August... so that's when we will see it released!
    dammit, i will be on vacation in NB then!
    RBergmann1 likes this.
    06-22-12 07:01 AM
    Yeah...pretty hard to keep the igloo nice...lol
    bbaleno likes this.
    06-22-12 07:20 AM
    How lucky you must be to always have summer.
    I'm so used to the terrible weather now that I only realised it was mid June the other day. At least I've got some plans to get away in a few weeks
    06-22-12 07:41 AM
    My sources have said that it will be......."soon".
    06-22-12 08:21 AM
    ^
    Magic 8 Ball or Mentalo
    06-22-12 08:56 AM
    It'll be available in July when the 4G version comes out.
    06-22-12 09:56 AM
    My sources have said that it will be......."soon".
    Oh, I've seen that source, too. When the pb leisurely reboots, there's a subliminal message amongst those globes of color saying: "Soon, soon, soon, soon.............................................. ." There's plenty of time to read them as the reboot P R O G R E S S E S.......
    BlazorBoy likes this.
    06-22-12 09:58 AM
    Oh, I've seen that source, too. When the pb leisurely reboots, there's a subliminal message amongst those globes of color saying: "Soon, soon, soon, soon.............................................. ." There's plenty of time to read them as the reboot P R O G R E S S E S.......
    Look more closely. It says S L E E P . . . .
    06-22-12 10:08 AM
    It'll be available in July when the 4G version comes out.
    This sounds familiar
    06-22-12 10:10 AM
    Look more closely. It says S L E E P . . . .
    Well, getting an hour catnap while it boots might be refreshing - if only I napped. Instead, I pace and twiddling my thumbs helps strengthen them for thumb-typing.
    06-22-12 10:18 AM
    I won't split hairs, in so far as trying to ascertain what summer rim referred to (remember the "fiscal" vs "calender" q1 launch date of the playbook?)

The thing a wise man would do Is recall that rim hasn't made a deadline in years... So why are all of you listening to release dates with a serious ear now?
    FF22 likes this.
    06-22-12 01:05 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD