This new 2.1 includes

Portrait Email, Calendar, and Contacts
    App world Carrier Shelf
    Bridge Texting and WiFi Transport Support
    Android multi-tasking
    Camera API and in app Payment for developers
    Over the air activation with mobile fusion
    Personal Encryption
    Nothing exciting in here anyways. What's the big deal?
    07-18-12 08:35 PM
    now you know why they're in such a sad state!.An update that's 'no big deal' so why bother?

Makes you go hmmmmm...
    07-18-12 08:45 PM
    Been using the 2.1 beta since it came out and it's no more glitchy than 2.0, with the benefit of some minor added features. Android runtime is much better/faster/reliable, and the native messages app shows IMAP folders, solving a longstanding problem for anyone with a Yahoo Mail account. It's not the fact that RIM is slow on delivering updates (they are); it's the stony silence months after making these promises that is killing their credibility. We've all seen the "roadmap", how about a "tour guide"?
    JeepBB likes this.
    07-18-12 08:53 PM
    did anyone tried galaxy tab 7.7 ..? looks pretty thin.
    07-18-12 11:24 PM
    Maybe you guys should start hitting your update buttons more, and typing sentences in here less I kid I kid, 2.1 is right around the corner. Don't fret. They haven't delayed anything.
    07-18-12 11:27 PM
    It is likely that there will also be USB on the go as well. That's something that I've been hoping for since day 1.
    07-18-12 11:38 PM
    i just bought a 16GB wifi/3G samsung gtab 8.9 for 450$...it is definitely faster in almost every means(loading apps or using wifi) versus my 64gb playbook though i keep on swiping on the tab to wake up the screen (which doesn't work of course )
    07-19-12 02:59 AM
    USB support would be great but havent really seen that mentioned as a 2.1 upgrade. I was thinking that was OS10 upgrade material
    07-19-12 09:51 AM
    i just bought a 16GB wifi/3G samsung gtab 8.9 for 450$...it is definitely faster in almost every means(loading apps or using wifi) versus my 64gb playbook though i keep on swiping on the tab to wake up the screen (which doesn't work of course )
    except for the industrial design that 8.9" tab is a piece of crap - lags crazy, I have one and trying to offload it. No comparison what so ever with the playbook.
    07-19-12 10:01 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD