I don't know why so many people on here get so bent outta shape over people wanting to know what is going on.

I think it may have something to do with this philosophy, expressed by a random crackberry genius back when we were waiting for the first 2.0 patch:

Best advice is not to expect anything.
    Expecting things is not good.
    That's why there's 10 million bashing threads one hour after the release.
    People are upset because their expectations weren't met.
    Four legs good, two legs bad!
    09-13-12 05:03 PM
    Also encouraged and highly recommended is using the "search button" to check for similar threads before you start you own. That saves the Mods loads of time.
    Hmmm, lets try to find the current thread by using the search button by typing Playbook OS2.1....Page 3 last result. In fact even if you copy and paste the title of the present forum it will be the second (!!!!) result. Yeah sure, lets try the "search button".
    09-13-12 05:10 PM
    Don't need OS 2.1, I'm happy with the software I have now. #JustSaying
    09-13-12 05:10 PM
    Hmmm, lets try to find the current thread by using the search button by typing Playbook OS2.1....Page 3 last result. In fact even if you copy and paste the title of the present forum it will be the second (!!!!) result. Yeah sure, lets try the "search button".
    pacoman03 seemd to have no difficulity finding them as posted previously in this thread.
    09-13-12 06:40 PM
    Let me answer that question in the typical BlackBerry /RIM way. It Will be released on 9/13/12 guarantee. We know that the 13th is hear so we will start working on it know and have it sometime Q1. Thanks for you support. Did I mention we are number 1 in many countries that have civil wars every day and changes governments weekly.
    cdelcampo216 likes this.
    09-13-12 06:43 PM
    Rumors are at Blackberry Jam America's. The 25th
    09-13-12 06:50 PM
    The Playbook OS is sitting at 2.1.0.970 internally
    If you're gonna quote me, at least credit me.

And yes, that is true. Internal testers were told to go ahead and test out the functionality going from the base 2.0.1.688 update to 2.1.0.970 to ensure there is no issues with that exact upgrade path.
    09-13-12 06:51 PM

And yes, that is true. Internal testers were told to go ahead and test out the functionality going from the base 2.0.1.688 update to 2.1.0.970 to ensure there is no issues with that exact upgrade path.

Are there any Crackberry Admins/Mods who are doing the beta testing?

Any new features?
    09-13-12 07:59 PM
    OS 2.1 will stay in beta mode until BB10 is released for the playbook. BB10 will be released for the phones in Q1 of 2013 and it will come to the Playbook around the end of Q3, 2013. Basically, we have to wait 1 more year until the PB receives another OS update (BB10)...Yay!!!

We waited 1 year for OS 2.0 and we can do it again!
    friend, i've no problem with however long RIM takes to deliver updates. Yes I can wait for even 2 years. But 1 yr is a great deal of time. Its not only me saying this, u too know that.
    09-13-12 08:49 PM
    FFS, just register and download the beta. Done. You have 2.1. Quit whining and use and enjoy. This has also been posted numerous times and place on Crackberry.
    but a beta version is a beta anyday. It can't be as good as final. Thanks anyway.
    09-13-12 08:53 PM
    If I would be moderator I'd delete topics like this one and ban topicstarters: WTF, every new week we see new thread 'Where is PB OS 2.1 bla-bla-bla', aghr....
    dear, can't u make an effort to go properly through what i've written?? Bottom line is ''i'm excited and will wait for the update, doesn't matter how long RIM takes''. Dont forget that i didn't demand that update. It was RIM. They announced it. And it was supposed to be out by now. If its not, i've all the right to bring up this question here. Thats why i joined Crackberry Community. As u said, 'if i was moderator, i would delete it'. Very well then. That's why u r not a moderator and never will be.
    09-13-12 09:02 PM
    By then the battery in mine will no longer hold a charge. If that is the case it will also be contract time for me. I'll see where everyone is at then.

To me the beta is nowhere near where an official should be and if official is just like the beta I don't know that there is hope.
    i agree with u. Beta is only meant for developers.
    09-13-12 09:05 PM
    I don't need a long chain of comments on this post. All i need is news, information,update on PB OS 2.1 if any.
    To late, Should have search first instead of starting yet another thread.
    09-13-12 09:06 PM
    Who cares if there's another thread on it?! What else is there to write about? How RIM can't deliver on time? How the PlayBook is basically a great piece of hardware with an absolute awful ecosystem?

Seriously... Let the man thread about whatever he wants to. Again, This place is so full of negative feedback.
    really, i don't understand why they go mad at these posts. Being a diehard fan is not bad. But they r not supposed to talk like this. Today they r criticizing me for that. Tomorrow, they will ask the same question.
    cdelcampo216 likes this.
    09-13-12 09:10 PM
    That's pretty cool. Good job

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    09-13-12 09:11 PM
    To late, Should have search first instead of starting yet another thread.
    since, i'm new to these forums, i don't usually go through the post of others. Will do that from next time on. Thanks
    09-13-12 09:13 PM
    I think that the problem is that every week we are reminded of just how far behind RIM is in so many areas. Where are the useful apps for the PlayBook? When will there be a cross platform video chat app? Better bookmark management?

I don't know why so many people on here get so bent outta shape over people wanting to know what is going on.

This is why Apple is the leader. They make HUGE deals and events that people just go nuts over. I read yesterday so many stupid and ignorant comments about how BB10 was going to blow the iPhone out of the water and all I could think about was,"When?" By the time RIM releases BB10 Apple will have yet another product that is more likely to succeed or another Android device will be available with Everything on it. WAKE UP RIM!!! The coffee and the toast is burning while the ship is sinking...

The BB10 Kool Aid is pretty weak if you ask me. Still watching Kindle, Android & Apple going Strong...

BTW, this is being written on my PlayBook.
    really, very good, honest and unbiased comment. Very rightly said. Apple delivers everything on time. Thats why they r the leader. Since i'm from India (not a Canadian), i dont have any information- whats going on at RIM. Cant i ask this over here? Then why did i join this forum?
    Last edited by abhishekpradhan32; 09-13-12 at 09:36 PM.
    cdelcampo216 and madman0141 like this.
    09-13-12 09:21 PM
    That's pretty cool. Good job

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    sorry ????
    09-13-12 09:36 PM
    Rumors are at Blackberry Jam America's. The 25th
    rumors about OS 2.1??
    09-13-12 09:38 PM

I'm glad you could see the irony in that post
    09-13-12 10:00 PM
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LH86kju2sYM[/YT]
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-13-12 10:13 PM

Thank you for the update!
    ralfyguy likes this.
    09-13-12 10:14 PM
    really, very good, honest and unbiased comment. Very rightly said. Apple delivers everything on time. Thats why they r the leader. Since i'm from India (not a Canadian), i dont have any information- whats going on at RIM. Cant i ask this over here? Then why did i join this forum?
    WTF?

Its not that they deliver on time, the announce something when its ready and then release it a few weeks later.

or beta release it and keep it a work in progress (ios6. imeesage, siri)

Rim has a bunch of playbook lovers that would eargerly beta test the latest software updates. ME INCLUDED... I'm a bes/besx/BDS admin (Sr network admin) and tech is my Job. I get bored and upgrade from device to device quickly.. The playbook has managed to keep me interested since launch and i gave up my ipad since but i'm really starting to get bored.

Bugs are expected in beta, but playing with something new keep my interested and focused on the tech (and the company i support and coworkers) on the devices.

RELEASE more updates in beta form and let techs like me that drive innovation and technology into our companies and let us help.. We love tech (and the playbook) and would love to do this while keeping the devices in front of our company and our employees.
    09-13-12 10:32 PM
    iPhone 4s was delayed --- Apple went from summer iphone releases all the way to October.

If sales are not great, Apple calls it a hobby.
    09-13-12 10:50 PM
    What will people complain about after 2.1 is released? Where is BB10!!! RIM promised us! ... As far as I remember they said 2.1 was coming, but they didn't say when. If they release a bugged filled 2.1 your the same ones that will be making 5 of the same threads complaining. Even with a bugged free 2.1 people will still be displeased by something or another. In my opinion 2.0.1.668 is a solid build. I think they should iron out and optimize the UI to be smoother than jam pack more features but that's my opinion. However BB10 OS seems very fluid and responsive so I suppose I won't have to worry about keyboard and ui laggs.

People chill tho jeez. I see no other OS out there adding new features to their platform every 6 months.
    09-14-12 09:33 AM
105 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD