is it going to come out ever ? Even next year?? Or 2 yrs later ?? Or it will remain in beta stage only?? I just don't get it what they r waiting for. Still doesn't matter how long it takes, being a BB fanboy (PB's to be precise) waiting eagerly for it. Getting a little impatient now.
    09-13-12 10:27 AM
    Your guess is as good as anyone else is around here.
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    09-13-12 10:33 AM
    I guess you haven't been watching this forum. There are at least two other running threads that have asked precisely the same question and the subject has been discussed extensively. Do we really need another thread on this?
    09-13-12 10:34 AM
    I guess you haven't been watching this forum. There are at least two other running threads that have asked precisely the same question and the subject has been discussed extensively. Do we really need another thread on this?
    no i don't come here very often. I visit this site once in every 5 to 6 days and don't usually go through the threads. And really, i didn't know there r other threads on this. I just wanted to know if u guys hav any update on os 2.1, or any new information. Becoz i know, u guys r regular visitor to this forum. THANKS anyway!
    09-13-12 10:42 AM
    I don't need a long chain of comments on this post. All i need is news, information,update on PB OS 2.1 if any.
    09-13-12 10:50 AM
    Bottom line is, nobody knows. But there is plenty of speculation, some informative, most not. See here- http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...re-you-743103/ or here- http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...g-then-744331/
    olllllo1978 likes this.
    09-13-12 10:53 AM
    Bottom line is, nobody knows. But there is plenty of speculation, some informative, most not. See here- http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...re-you-743103/ or here- http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...g-then-744331/
    thanks for those links...
    09-13-12 10:58 AM
    i can see why people are frustrated (not implying anyone in this thread is frustrated, just in general)... it is just taking far too long.... wat this might mean is that 2.1 might include something that we have not been told about? and they have run into a problem during test with that feature... we should be able to enjoy 2.1 before bb10 is released.. also with iphones underwhelming 'new' device.. now is the perfect time for RIM to steal the show and come back... there really is no better time to get back in the game ... and as bb10 is delayed till q1 2013, RIM could start with regular software updates with minimal delays heres to hoping 2.1 comes before bb10...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-13-12 01:15 PM
    OS 2.1 will stay in beta mode until BB10 is released for the playbook. BB10 will be released for the phones in Q1 of 2013 and it will come to the Playbook around the end of Q3, 2013. Basically, we have to wait 1 more year until the PB receives another OS update (BB10)...Yay!!!

We waited 1 year for OS 2.0 and we can do it again!
    BB10FTW likes this.
    09-13-12 01:19 PM
    People should not be frustrated. You bought devices from a company that is simply ******** and they live in another cosmic dimension where time is slower than in the rest of the world and where competitors do not exist, when it comes to updates you know that you will be stuck with the firmware version that the device came with, the solely purpose of rumours about OS updates or "amazing" apps that are around the corner is to momentarily give you the impression that you have an exciting device in your hands and your hard earned money are well spent, and finally you are doing your best to find reviews in google that will confirm your illusionary belief (or reinforce it) that BB or PB is simply the best thingy out there. When a new update will arrive, just pray that it will not make you spend your nights trying to figure out how to downgrade to the previous "working" OS version. Do not forget....RIM's favourite word is "SOON" which usually (actually always) has the meaning of "sometime in the infinite" future. Good luck and enjoy.
    09-13-12 02:03 PM
    FFS, just register and download the beta. Done. You have 2.1. Quit whining and use and enjoy. This has also been posted numerous times and place on Crackberry.
    bungaboy and bbfan1040 like this.
    09-13-12 02:11 PM
    If I would be moderator I'd delete topics like this one and ban topicstarters: WTF, every new week we see new thread 'Where is PB OS 2.1 bla-bla-bla', aghr....
    Graheem, bungaboy and antiRIM like this.
    09-13-12 02:13 PM
    @Akuji_ism - Amen to that!
    09-13-12 02:15 PM
    Fortunately for us this forum isn't located in a police state. Voicing ones opinions and holding discussions is actually encouraged here.
    09-13-12 02:28 PM
    OS 2.1 will stay in beta mode until BB10 is released for the playbook. BB10 will be released for the phones in Q1 of 2013 and it will come to the Playbook around the end of Q3, 2013. Basically, we have to wait 1 more year until the PB receives another OS update (BB10)...Yay!!!

By then the battery in mine will no longer hold a charge. If that is the case it will also be contract time for me. I'll see where everyone is at then.

To me the beta is nowhere near where an official should be and if official is just like the beta I don't know that there is hope.
    dave_h_946 likes this.
    09-13-12 02:28 PM

To which I respond with the following: "I did my waiting...12 years of it!...In Azkaban!"

09-13-12 02:55 PM
    If I would be moderator I'd delete topics like this one and ban topicstarters: WTF, every new week we see new thread 'Where is PB OS 2.1 bla-bla-bla', aghr....
    That's comical.
    The topic irritates you so instead of ignoring it you read the post and reply.

I installed the 2.1 beta. So far I haven't had any problems.
    currygoat and chaosdivine like this.
    09-13-12 03:26 PM
    I've tried to register for 2.1 beta several times this past week with no success. Is it still available?
    09-13-12 03:34 PM
    Who cares if there's another thread on it?! What else is there to write about? How RIM can't deliver on time? How the PlayBook is basically a great piece of hardware with an absolute awful ecosystem?

Seriously... Let the man thread about whatever he wants to. Again, This place is so full of negative feedback.
    balding1, sagec, currygoat and 3 others like this.
    09-13-12 03:43 PM
    I think that the problem is that every week we are reminded of just how far behind RIM is in so many areas. Where are the useful apps for the PlayBook? When will there be a cross platform video chat app? Better bookmark management?

I don't know why so many people on here get so bent outta shape over people wanting to know what is going on.

This is why Apple is the leader. They make HUGE deals and events that people just go nuts over. I read yesterday so many stupid and ignorant comments about how BB10 was going to blow the iPhone out of the water and all I could think about was,"When?" By the time RIM releases BB10 Apple will have yet another product that is more likely to succeed or another Android device will be available with Everything on it. WAKE UP RIM!!! The coffee and the toast is burning while the ship is sinking...

The BB10 Kool Aid is pretty weak if you ask me. Still watching Kindle, Android & Apple going Strong...

BTW, this is being written on my PlayBook.
    Last edited by cdelcampo216; 09-13-12 at 03:53 PM.
    09-13-12 03:51 PM
    I've tried to register for 2.1 beta several times this past week with no success. Is it still available?
    I just installed it a couple of days ago so yes it is still available.
    I tried to get it a couple of months ago. At that time I never received an update notice.
    09-13-12 04:05 PM
    Ok, thanks for the reply, will keep trying.
    09-13-12 04:12 PM
    Fortunately for us this forum isn't located in a police state. Voicing ones opinions and holding discussions is actually encouraged here.
    Also encouraged and highly recommended is using the "search button" to check for similar threads before you start you own. That saves the Mods loads of time.
    09-13-12 04:21 PM
    dave i completely agree with you,this is why i did not get a playbook.Wont buy it till im sure bb10 is good and has skype and all.
    ps:i hope bb10s UI is good because im bored of this UI,blackberry OS 7 should of been better but whatever we need bbm so.....

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk
    09-13-12 04:22 PM
    The Playbook OS is sitting at 2.1.0.970 internally
    09-13-12 04:24 PM
105 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD