I'm having severe battery issues on the new 2.1. I've been using my playbook for about an hour and it has gone down about 15% (with wifi off and brightness at minimum). this is quite a lot more than before. anyone else experiencing this? is there a way to fix it? any help is appreciated.
    10-06-12 04:04 PM
    What app or apps were you running? Did you make any chances in email setups or add any new apps?
    10-06-12 05:28 PM
    What app or apps were you running? Did you make any chances in email setups or add any new apps?
    10-06-12 05:30 PM
    10-06-12 05:32 PM
    I was experiencing the same issue, I had Tiny Birds installed and updated....once I deleted it battery life was improved with the updated OS. Worked for me anyway, good luck.
    10-06-12 07:18 PM
    What app or apps were you running?

Did you make any chances in email setups or add any new apps?
    F2, I think this explains how you have over 16,000 posts to your name...
    Last edited by dugggggg; 10-06-12 at 08:00 PM.
    FF22 and josney like this.
    10-06-12 07:33 PM
    No, just the opposite. My battery life has improved when I went from 2.0 to 2.1 beta. Now with 2.1.0.1032 its as good as beta. Some other programs seem glitchier now but that's another thread. It's likely a setting with something running in the background. Remember you updated bridge, you might want to check all of your bridge settings. Good luck.
    djdragon likes this.
    10-06-12 07:37 PM
    I don't have bridge. I don't have a blackberry phone. All I had running was Documents to Go. I was writing some stuff in it. But I didn't think the battery normally drained that fast.
    10-07-12 12:14 AM
    There is no increase in battery drain on the new OS.
    10-07-12 05:00 AM
    No, just the opposite. My battery life has improved when I went from 2.0 to 2.1 beta. Now with 2.1.0.1032 its as good as beta. Some other programs seem glitchier now but that's another thread. It's likely a setting with something running in the background. Remember you updated bridge, you might want to check all of your bridge settings. Good luck.
    You are right
    10-07-12 09:00 AM
    Major improvement in battery life on mine. Prior just sitting on the counter wouldn't last a day. Now at 3 days and still at 45%
    10-07-12 10:08 AM
    I'm having severe battery issues on the new 2.1. I've been using my playbook for about an hour and it has gone down about 15% (with wifi off and brightness at minimum). this is quite a lot more than before. anyone else experiencing this? is there a way to fix it? any help is appreciated.
    I am having major battery drains on the PB with the newest OS. I haven't installed any new applications. If anything I've deleted applications that I've had on the PB for some time. I hope there's a patch or fix soon.
    10-08-12 09:42 AM
    1. Faster boot time
    2. Wallpaper issue (ability to fit to screen)
    3. Take note on Power Point in Docs 2 go
    4. Battery life
    5. Either RAM usage or more RAM
    10-08-12 10:54 AM
    1. Faster boot time
    2. Wallpaper issue (ability to fit to screen)
    3. Take note on Power Point in Docs 2 go
    4. Battery life
    5. Either RAM usage or more RAM
    Can you use powerpoint on the playbook? And it's probably better ram usage. RIM can't add more ram in a os update. Ram is a hardware thing.
    10-08-12 11:23 AM
    Right now I'm having battery drain after upgrading from 2.1 beta to official 2.1 First time for everything I guess, probably need to do a backup and wipe
    10-08-12 12:10 PM
    if your email is set to Manual Sync, watch out.. battery won't last a day
    10-08-12 12:22 PM
    I have the same issue here. I did a secure wipe, but it did not fix the issue. The battery usage is keeping over 1W in standby mode with wifi off, bt off, no application running. And I did not setup any local email account either. Very strange.

The interesting thing is that I do not have the problem in the first a couple of days after I upgraded my PB to the new official OS 2.1. I am upgrade from the Dev version by the way. I am puzzling right now... Any help?
    10-13-12 05:34 PM
    I have the same issue here. I did a secure wipe, but it did not fix the issue. The battery usage is keeping over 1W in standby mode with wifi off, bt off, no application running. And I did not setup any local email account either. Very strange.

The interesting thing is that I do not have the problem in the first a couple of days after I upgraded my PB to the new official OS 2.1. I am upgrade from the Dev version by the way. I am puzzling right now... Any help?
    I will ask the question I asked above: What apps do you have running? What apps have you installed? Any sideloaded apps, either Android or native (yes, you can sideload native apps)? When it enters standby and after a few more minutes, go into a dark closet or room and see if the backlight is really OFF as opposed to a backlit gray (screen is not really off but shows dark).
    10-13-12 06:58 PM
    Once again use Battery Guru and Advanced Application Manager to see if you can find some sneaky app running that you don't know about. Turn off Bluetooth and wifi. Also turn screen brightness down. If all that and reboot fails more see other threads about reinstallation of operating system.
    10-13-12 08:53 PM
    Thanks for the reply. I do not rememeber what apps are updated recently. That is why I choose to wipe my device. But the problem still persists with the only application Battery Guru on it. The backlight is really OFF. The BB logo at back of PB keeps warm even when nothing is running. Could be a hardware problem? Is there a way to fallback the OS to 2.0?
    10-14-12 09:18 AM
    I will ask the question I asked above: What apps do you have running? What apps have you installed? Any sideloaded apps, either Android or native (yes, you can sideload native apps)? When it enters standby and after a few more minutes, go into a dark closet or room and see if the backlight is really OFF as opposed to a backlit gray (screen is not really off but shows dark).
    10-14-12 09:19 AM
    Im getting better battery life, before it wouldnt last one day, now I can go 2 when I forget the PB in my backpack.
    10-14-12 09:31 AM
    Thanks for the reply. I do not rememeber what apps are updated recently. That is why I choose to wipe my device. But the problem still persists with the only application Battery Guru on it. The backlight is really OFF. The BB logo at back of PB keeps warm even when nothing is running. Could be a hardware problem? Is there a way to fallback the OS to 2.0?
    Yes, there could be a hardware problem. My original 32gig would lose more than 15% overnight on Standby. I followed it for quite a while. I debricked and only installed Battery Guru. I charted over a period of time. I finally called Rim and went through some tests and reinstalls. RMA'ed it. I don't know what the ultimate problem was as they replaced the pb with a different unit - new, I think.

You might post your Battery Guru results - edited and/or annotated. Showing an overnight segment of graph and excel sheet.

The PB has a one year warranty to the original purchaser. It also has 90 free Tech support. I do not know how Rim deals with "quasi-tech support v. warranty"

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: [email protected] (this route generally does not work and a call is necessary)

(UK Support) 0800 096 2805

Playbook French Support
    http://fr.blackberry.com/playbook-ta...ok-support.jsp
    Phone : 0800 914 533 (within 90 days from activation)
    10-14-12 10:34 AM
    I just tested to see how much battery drained overnight, and after 8 hours in stand by with wifi off, the battery went down 2%.
    10-15-12 07:53 AM
    I just tested to see how much battery drained overnight, and after 8 hours in stand by with wifi off, the battery went down 2%.
    That sounds reasonable (Peter might know what is best in overnight Standby) I probably also lose that amount but I leave both BT and WIF on all of the time. Now, while BT is on, my Bridged bb phone turns off overnight, so BT is probably not doing much. I don't know what wifi is or is not doing in my absence!
    10-15-12 09:43 AM
33 12