I'm curious what people find has changed / improved besides and or including the reported update to Air and Flash.

What can the Flash player do now that it couldn't before?
    04-02-14 11:22 AM
    I'm curious what people find has changed / improved besides and or including the reported update to Air and Flash.

Playbook OS 2.1.0.1917 is out! Noticed differences?-download.jpg
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-02-14 11:26 AM
    The updated fixed some Flash sites that had requested you update your version of Flash before they would work.
    KDB84 likes this.
    04-02-14 11:28 AM
    I was going to point you to the orginal "Findings, Fixes and Bugs thread" but there isn't really one.

But that is what is being discussed in the http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...3/index13.html thread.

But basically no one has found much of a difference. Most likely it security fixes like your monthly updates for Windows....
    04-02-14 11:30 AM
    The updated fixed some Flash sites that had requested you update your version of Flash before they would work.
    Example sites please?
    04-02-14 11:32 AM
    Example sites please?
    I don't have any examples, as I never ran into the problem. I am in Canada and may not have access to some of the sites mentioned in other threads. I think it was mostly related to US network television sites and perhaps Amazon Prime videos.
    04-02-14 11:34 AM
    I have noticed a lot more whining on the forum after the update.

I've known less moaning after messy divorces.
    anon(5597702) and castoridae like this.
    04-02-14 12:32 PM
    Example sites please?
    bbc iplayer could never decide whether you had a working flash or not. seems better now.
    jbhq likes this.
    04-02-14 12:32 PM
    An update to bb world so you still buy apps, a flash player update and perhaps a few core app updates. Nothing huge or to get excited over but if you're using it, it should be updated.
    04-02-14 12:38 PM
    177mb is not a small amount of code, the one before was only a couple of MB for a flash update.
    04-02-14 02:05 PM
    177mb is not a small amount of code, the one before was only a couple of MB for a flash update.
    Didn't you're mother tell you that size doesn't matter? That's it's how you use it?

Fact remains it has done next to nothing to improve the playbook and it certainly added nothing. If anything they made the email app unusable now for both yahoo and gmail. Flash sites that didn't work before, still don't work . Update my arse.

The only thing mine does faster since the update is collecting dust.
    04-02-14 02:11 PM
    I just check the software updates and my PlayBook is saying I currently have the latest software installed 2.1.0.1753? How are people getting the new load 2.1.0.1917? Thanks.
    04-02-14 02:24 PM
    I just check the software updates and my PlayBook is saying I currently have the latest software installed 2.1.0.1753? How are people getting the new load 2.1.0.1917? Thanks.
    I had the same problem. I have the LTE PB. I took out the SIM, turned off wifi, and plugged it into my computer with USB cable. After recognition, Blackberry desktop software prompted me to load new update. Took me a few tries but eventually got it.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 03:20 PM
    I had the same problem. I have the LTE PB. I took out the SIM, turned off wifi, and plugged it into my computer with USB cable. After recognition, Blackberry desktop software prompted me to load new update. Took me a few tries but eventually got it.

Posted via CB10
    I have the PB 16GB wifi only... could that be the problem? I've tried doing the data wipe and using the BlackBerry desktop software to check for updates but non is found
    04-02-14 04:27 PM
    What a shame. Could have at least fixed Facebook and even add Twitter. Even more than those two what ever happened to add BBM stand alone app?? They give it to all the other platforms and said to hell with the PlayBook. C'mon BlackBerry!!! You owe us at least one more update (a real one) before pulling the plug.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    04-02-14 04:34 PM
    I have the PB 16GB wifi only... could that be the problem? I've tried doing the data wipe and using the BlackBerry desktop software to check for updates but non is found
    Back it up. Turn it off. With DM open and the PB off, plug the PB and choose update and or repair. It will erase everything though.
    04-02-14 04:34 PM
    Note that removing the SIM card could be key. I didn't do that when I updated my 4G LTE to .1753 using desktop software and I lost Video Chat and other apps not in BlackBerry World. BB tech support solved the problem but it took a few weeks to work through the process!
    04-02-14 04:54 PM
    Back it up. Turn it off. With DM open and the PB off, plug the PB and choose update and or repair. It will erase everything though.
    Followed your procedures and I'm still not seeing the new software load. Did this actually work for you?
    04-02-14 05:52 PM
    After the update, I have noticed the web is much quicker... that being said, I have 6 apps that no longer work, I deleted one and re-installed it , but it did not work.
    Apps not working for me:
    News Republic
    Olive Tree Bible
    Moon + Reader
    Minicraft
    When Pigs Fly
    Draky
    04-02-14 06:31 PM
    Followed your procedures and I'm still not seeing the new software load. Did this actually work for you?
    Have you tried turning off your wifi? It worked for me when I did. Desktop notified me that I had an update. Might have to try a few times like I had to.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 07:33 PM
    04-02-14 08:22 PM
    Looks like things are beginning to work again, some apps took about a minute to load..black screen...now it seems to load with no problems...I will see what happens...
    04-02-14 09:34 PM
    It always did in the past. Are you sure your pb was off? Dark room, screen black?
    04-03-14 06:38 AM
    One of the major fixes in this update corrects the problems members were having paying for items on app world. Makes sense, if you can't take money off customers you don't have a business. You will have to enter your payment details again though after you upgrade.
    04-03-14 07:36 AM
    Big item I noticed this evening was free bus Wifi kept working no problems on my bus route home. Before update I generally couldn't use it. Much improved connection to public wifi!!

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 12:25 PM
28 12