03-03-13 08:52 AM
253 ... 34567 ...
tools
    1.2.5.6 installed and the only change that I have noticed is Blackberry World.

Just had a 2MB 'application update', but have not discovered what it is for yet.
    jamesbondOO7 likes this.
    02-15-13 07:16 AM
    so far snappier all around,,, haven't done much browsing but checkerboarding is still present...
    My experience as well. Browser is generally much snappier to me ... buttons react faster, the page loads quicker, the checkerboarding less frequent and it stalls on loading less often. Was able to get it to seriously checkerboard on ctv.ca this morning but otherwise having a substantially nicer experience with it than before. Haven't seen a 'poof crash' yet.
    02-15-13 07:19 AM
    Keyboard now totally sucks.
    This has been getting worse with every release.
    Tap the keyboard and wait until the key press is acknowledged with a beep.
    Sometimes this takes up to 2 seconds.
    I'm slow but not that slow RIM.
    Get with the program.
    You should maybe contact support as you're having specific issues. I find the keyboard is way snappier now. But if you're having the issues, so are other users likely.
    02-15-13 07:21 AM
    Stock browser is definitely snappier for me; it's still not as fast or smooth as I would like, but an improvement nonetheless. I do still have some checkerboarding, but much less and for a shorter period on the sites I usually browse. SimpleBrowser+, my default browser, loads much faster to me.

No keyboard lag; in fact, keyboard response seems slightly better as I had been noticing some lagging before the update.

I thought the issue of endless requests for my Yahoo password was resolved, but it's back as of late last night
    02-15-13 07:42 AM
    "Enable reader mode on rotation" in the browser options. That's a neat new feature.
    02-15-13 07:45 AM
    "Enable reader mode on rotation" in the browser options. That's a neat new feature.
    No that's been there for awhile. I found internet tethering connected faster and the browsing speed I got was much better. It used to take multiple tries at getting tethered and now it connects in one try. It used to eventually hang or freeze for minutes at a time and I never get the lag now. Sweet.
    02-15-13 07:54 AM
    Hi, complete newbie here, so hope this is in the right place. I updated my OS yesterday and now all my sideloaded apps don't work. There's only really two I need, Kindle and TubeMate, but any help on getting them working again would be really appreciated as I use them daily and I feel lost! I tried deleting and reinstalling, but I get the same thing. Basically when I open them, the screen just goes black. You can minimise the screen, but the app just stays black.
    Any clues - surely I'm not the only one to have lost the sideloaded apps after the update?!
    02-15-13 08:04 AM
    I still have keyboard lag. It seems as thought its worse now than it was before
    I also have significant keyboard lag - worse than ever before. My email is now broken and I cant get exchange email.
    02-15-13 08:08 AM
    Hi, complete newbie here, so hope this is in the right place. I updated my OS yesterday and now all my sideloaded apps don't work. There's only really two I need, Kindle and TubeMate, but any help on getting them working again would be really appreciated as I use them daily and I feel lost! I tried deleting and reinstalling, but I get the same thing. Basically when I open them, the screen just goes black. You can minimise the screen, but the app just stays black.
    Any clues - surely I'm not the only one to have lost the sideloaded apps after the update?!
    Just checked and the Kindle Android app is still working on my upgraded 32gig. Have you rebooted

To fix an issue, try these in order:

Restart using the Battery Icon and press Restart

Press and hold the Power button for 10-15 seconds. Then leave it for 20-30 seconds and see if it restarts.

To REBOOT:
    Press and HOLD all three keys for about 10 - 20 seconds: PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown. Start with the PowerButton. Keep holding past the 3-choice options screen. If you hear a shutter type sound, you've taken a Screen Shot and probably missed the PowerButton.
    02-15-13 08:09 AM
    No "Enable reader mode on rotation" has been there for awhile. I found internet tethering connected faster and the browsing speed I got was much better. It used to take multiple tries at getting tethered and now it connects in one try. It used to eventually hang or freeze for minutes at a time and I never get the lag now. Sweet.
    BTW, Enable reader mode on rotation still doesn't work. Just tried it.
    02-15-13 08:12 AM
    Fantastic! thanks F2. I restarted on the prompt when I updated the OS, but hadn't done it since. Just tried it and all back to normal - phew. Should have guessed the old first rule of IT (have you turned it off and on again) would work with tablets as well! Thanks again.
    02-15-13 08:26 AM
    Fantastic! thanks F2. I restarted on the prompt when I updated the OS, but hadn't done it since. Just tried it and all back to normal - phew. Should have guessed the old first rule of IT (have you turned it off and on again) would work with tablets as well! Thanks again.
    You are welcome.
    Willard814 likes this.
    02-15-13 08:55 AM
    My browser crashed twice today after the update considering it's the only open app
    02-15-13 09:05 AM
    Is anyone having problems with the Docs To Go application now that they installed the update? I can't open any of the docs or create any new ones. The only function that works is the excel portion. Any ideas on how to fix?
    I have no problem with DocsToGo since the update. Open, edit, create new all works for Word and Excel. Don't know what to suggest - re-copy from your PC?
    02-15-13 09:24 AM
    Me too, I put my playbook in airplane mode last night with 86% battery and when I woke it up this morning it's at 26 and has dropped to 19 in the time it took to post this.

Replying to the comment of battery drain
    02-15-13 09:25 AM
    No noticeable changes for the things I normally do.
    Same here but honestly haven't used it much since so we'll see..

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    02-15-13 09:32 AM
    Given the FB app was made by FB, I'm not surprised that BB didn't touch it. Blame FB for not updating their app after tweaking the back end and screwing up the app for us.
    Best workaround yet is using touch.facebook.com in the browser. It's nearly identical to the Android and iOS app. When in doubt, use the browser. Props to the CB member who told me about that one.
    Stuart Kay likes this.
    02-15-13 09:34 AM
    For me the upgrade is
    all much smoother, more like my friends new iPad and my nexus 4. The keyboard is instant, scrolling is instant and responsive, browsing is much faster and smoother. It's creating a more relaxed feeling for me with much more sense of flow as I type scroll and browse.

All in all excellent, which bodes very well or os10 when it arrives.

Having had a nexus 4 for 3 weeks it is growing on me as I'm sure Z10 owners are finding also, but more I'm appreciating my playbook as overall I prefer how it works to my nexus.
    02-15-13 10:01 AM
    Me too, I put my playbook in airplane mode last night with 86% battery and when I woke it up this morning it's at 26 and has dropped to 19 in the time it took to post this.

Replying to the comment of battery drain
    Possibly here as well, though it's often difficult to say for sure. I charge fully every night, but 15-20 miuntes of light use and browsing had me into the 80% range this morning.

Are you Bridging? My Torch seems to be dying more quickly than normal as well. But, again, that's a tough benchmark to eyeball.
    02-15-13 10:02 AM

Having had a nexus 4 for 3 weeks it is growing on me as I'm sure Z10 owners are finding also, but more I'm appreciating my playbook as overall I prefer how it works to my nexus.
    I am the exact opposite, I have hardly touched my Playbook since I got my Nexus 4 a month ago.
    02-15-13 10:17 AM
    I notice absolutely nothing different. Bah
    adi_vastava likes this.
    02-15-13 10:23 AM
    I notice absolutely nothing different. Bah
    I take that back. One difference is now i get disconnected from bluetooth and have to turn it off and back on for bridge sometimes.
    02-15-13 10:41 AM
    I receive an error when attempting to load touch.facebook.com and the page stops rendering. (error one line 9 at column 29: Extra content at the end of the document)
    02-15-13 11:38 AM
    When the Playbook can load the Android Netflix App and use Skype then we will have a functional tablet...
    ...Until then it's all "concept junk".
    macberry33 likes this.
    02-15-13 11:44 AM
    Hey Pythons not that boring argument again I'm betting u'r less python and more worm-size hee.

My younger mates see Netflix as so last year get with the Torrenting man. I'd agree with u re Skype but I got a laptop and nexus 4 for that so not an issue.

As for not putting nexus 4 down, I can well understand that as it's a great device, but man the extra screen size and swiping does it for me with my playbook. Also I have come against the dreaded android app incompatibility issues, with keyboards not happy with my office App and the difficulty in getting Apps to do what I can do easily with playbook and finding Apps that work amongst the dross is harder and more time consuming than I expected.

I'm sure some of this is about learning a new os, But I am appreciating playbook more, and also gradually getting to really like the nexus as well. I'm actually finding the playbook browser to now be faster than the nexus 4, which is very cool
    02-15-13 12:32 PM
253 ... 34567 ...