is there any chance one of these updates will make this thing boot faster, when I just want to read a book by the time it boots up I'm not into reading anymore, lol
    Why do you shut it down?

I hardly ever shut mine down, and it's not because it takes longer than normal to boot - I didn't, nor don't shutdown my Android tablets, either.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-22-13 10:09 AM
    is there any chance one of these updates will make this thing boot faster, when I just want to read a book by the time it boots up I'm not into reading anymore, lol
    Unless you're not going to use your PlayBook for a week, there is absolutely no need to ever shut it down. Except for restarts/reboots, my PB has run 24/7 for close to two years. That's one of the beautiful features of QNX: instant swipe to instant "on".
    02-22-13 10:28 AM
    Why do you shut it down?

I hardly ever shut mine down, and it's not because it takes longer than normal to boot - I didn't, nor don't shutdown my Android tablets, either.
    Ok ok help needed here please. Since when did the pb get an off button? Not another button that was in the last update that the Europeans have stolen from my UK pb?
    02-23-13 06:33 AM
    Ok ok help needed here please. Since when did the pb get an off button? Not another button that was in the last update that the Europeans have stolen from my UK pb?
    Damn they're sneaky those Europeans, oh hang on, technically I'm European, sneaky... why I oughta!

Very deft of them / us / the collective, whilst you weren't looking, nanobots carefully removed that little, round, red-um-ish button on the top of your PlayBook. They're sneaky that way... wait a minute, I'm one of them, um, we're sneaky, I guess.

Doh!
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-23-13 07:04 AM
    Damn they're sneaky those Europeans, oh hang on, technically I'm European, sneaky... why I oughta!

Very deft of them / us / the collective, whilst you weren't looking, nanobots carefully removed that little, round, red-um-ish button on the top of your PlayBook. They're sneaky that way... wait a minute, I'm one of them, um, we're sneaky, I guess.

Doh!
    I definitely don't have a little red thingy button of any description, including red thingy on top of my pb. After two weeks of looking since your very informative comment, I have scoured my pb top, which is not easy when you have screen rotation switched on. However all I can see on all four sides of my pb is the black case!

Therefore your statement is flawed and you will be assimilated by Apple just like the rest of the European race.

Your only chance of reprieve is if I find some more Greek brandy when I go down to the cellar.
    Anonymous94587689 likes this.
    02-23-13 11:13 AM
    BBW...cannot connect bridged to BB, only via wifi or handset only lol
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-25-13 06:20 AM
    well my broswer is a little faster ..... but i seem to be getting the "network error" more so i have to close the broswer and start again hate that. other wise i see no dif.
    02-25-13 06:28 AM
    BBW...cannot connect bridged to BB, only via wifi or handset only lol
    Psssst it EE now by the way, just thought I'd mention it. Do you drink brandy (non European of course)?
    02-25-13 07:31 AM
    I definitely don't have a little red thingy button of any description, including red thingy on top of my pb. After two weeks of looking since your very informative comment, I have scoured my pb top, which is not easy when you have screen rotation switched on. However all I can see on all four sides of my pb is the black case!
    Try taking the case off, duh.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-25-13 08:05 AM
    Try taking the case off, duh.
    WOW thanks for that information, your good you are. All us BB developers are really stupid.

There is a flaw in your information however! After taking my protective case off I found the little red thingy button but it's on the bottom of my pb. Have I got a defective one. Stupid place to put a red thingy button on the bottom edge. Whatever next?
    02-25-13 08:28 AM
    The browser is little bit faster, but sometimes I can't click to the suggestion on address bar (i.e when I typed "crackb", it automatically suggested to "crackberry.com" but I can click on it quickly. Does anyone get this issue?
    02-25-13 09:00 AM
    The browse
    Please behave yourself. I know perfectly well how to use that blue round world browser thingy type button. I just wanted to know why my red thingy type off/on button is on the bottom of my pb instead of on the top like wot everyone ebody has
    02-25-13 09:05 AM
    Please behave yourself. I know perfectly well how to use that blue round world browser thingy type button. I just wanted to know why my red thingy type off/on button is on the bottom of my pb instead of on the top like wot everyone ebody has
    You're special, that's why.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-25-13 09:11 AM
    You're special, that's why.
    Ugh oh, why can I tell this means I'm in trouble. Ok chastise me I don't care. I have become a born again christian and I love every member of this forum including moderators and even god that spoke to us the other day, even though I forgot his name.
    02-25-13 09:16 AM
    Ugh oh, why can I tell this means I'm in trouble. Ok chastise me I don't care. I have become a born again christian and I love every member of this forum including moderators and even god that spoke to us the other day, even though I forgot his name.
    There's nothing wrong in being special - think of it like a warm glow inside.

Personally, I'm not a religious man - I'm clearly a heathen with no faith, who's destined to go straight to hell (edit: and once again, I'm completely amazed and a tad baffled that h e l l appears to be in this forums swear filter...). But think of that specialness as a warm glow inside you get from receiving god's own love - and look - not a hint of cynicism - I didn't write <deity> there...
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-25-13 10:17 AM
    Post a photo or I'm calling BS on this one...

RCK
    02-25-13 10:32 AM
    There's nothing wrong in being special - think of it like a warm glow inside.

Personally, I'm not a religious man - I'm clearly a heathen with no faith, who's destined to go straight to hell (edit: and once again, I'm completely amazed and a tad baffled that h e l l appears to be in this forums swear filter...). But think of that specialness as a warm glow inside you get from receiving god's own love - and look - not a hint of cynicism - I didn't write <deity> there...
    See I just knew that you couldn't resist (in my words) giving me a bollocking) but you like to do it in big long words that I find utterly impossible to comprehend. Even the use of them hypostraphies thingys in them big long words actually frikenss me and I feal underwhelmed and scared.

In retaliation I say to you take them sticks out of your nose and come to live in this little frozen bit of the world that people tend to forget now and again, we'll all the time really.
    02-25-13 10:34 AM
    Post a photo or I'm calling BS on this one...

RCK
    That's was a sneaky post. Ok then how can I take a picture of my pb bottom end with my pb? I'm good but I'm not that good! You will just have to trust me that the red thingy button is on the bottom, along withe the red light thingy and the front camera. All are along the bottom edge.

I would use my Z10 but I had an accident with it this afternoon inside the microwave.

P's don't try to heat jam donuts with a panini grill or defrost brie in an electric kettle!
    02-25-13 10:41 AM
    See I just knew that you couldn't resist (in my words) giving me a bollocking) but you like to do it in big long words that I find utterly impossible to comprehend. Even the use of them hypostraphies thingys in them big long words actually frikenss me and I feal underwhelmed and scared.
    My avatar conveys none of the requisite authority to give anyone a bollocking (and how come that gets through the swear filter but h e l l doesn't?).
    In retaliation I say to you take them sticks out of your nose and come to live in this little frozen bit of the world that people tend to forget now and again, we'll all the time really.
    Which frozen bit of the world would that be?

I live in a bit of the world that might be a little frosty right now, but is usually raining. Some of the plebs like to insert an extra syllable in the country name, engerland, or some such. I just call it rainy-land. Say what you see, say what you see...
    02-25-13 11:05 AM
    That's was a sneaky post. Ok then how can I take a picture of my pb bottom end with my pb? I'm good but I'm not that good! You will just have to trust me that the red thingy button is on the bottom, along withe the red light thingy and the front camera. All are along the bottom edge.
    Ah, I see the problem, now - you're Australian.

Aussies - don't hate me, I'm just doing it for a cheap gag.
    02-25-13 11:12 AM
    My avatar conveys none of the requisite authority to give anyone a bollocking (and how come that gets through the swear filter but h e l l doesn't?).

Which frozen bit of the world would that be?

I live in a bit of the world that might be a little frosty right now, but is usually raining. Some of the plebs like to insert an extra syllable in the country name, engerland, or some such. I just call it rainy-land. Say what you see, say what you see...
    My words my friend get through because in your own words "I'm special". I don't believe it but as my newly adopted guru and therapist I am willing to give it a try.

I am also a super sleuth and I will find where you are with a few simple questions. Under no circumstances help me in any way or use big words in your answers.

Do you like spam or Prarie chicken?
    02-25-13 11:18 AM

I would use my Z10 but I had an accident with it this afternoon inside the microwave.

P's don't try to heat jam donuts with a panini grill or defrost brie in an electric kettle!
    Simple: Hold it up to a mirror and click away...

RCK
    02-25-13 11:20 AM
    I just got the update on my Rogers LTE Playbook! Installing now!
    How did the update go on your Playbook LTE? Are you in fact running 2.1.0.1526? I can only update to 2.1.0.1088 on my Playbook LTE.
    02-25-13 06:29 PM
    I just got the update on my Rogers LTE Playbook! Installing now!
    What part of Canada you from?

How was the update for the LTE?

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    02-25-13 06:56 PM
    I am still waiting for a new is update I still running .1088

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    02-25-13 06:57 PM
253 ... 891011