Ok smart arse! I'm stupid but I'm not that stupid.

Attachment 137087Attachment 137088

And violla, no little magic button look!
    Well I guess you don't get that option in your country and will just have to drink brandy and blow your ear drums out
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-21-13 10:29 AM
    Well I guess you don't get that option in your country and will just have to drink brandy and blow your ear drums out
    Well that was very helpful I must say. Now would you like to expand your informative answer a little further?

What type of brandy?
    02-21-13 10:38 AM
    I'm across the pond and don't drink brandy. Maybe someone else will help you out.
    02-21-13 10:44 AM
    The change log ( BlackBerry PlayBook OS Updates - PlayBook Software Support - US )
    indicates that 'Audio Boost update to comply with European Standard 'EN 60950-1/A12' '
    It is possible that some legislation in your country/region is more restrictive that the EU directive, and the audio level is even more limited ?
    For what I was able to find quickly, That EU directive do not limit the level, but just mandate a warning ...

FYI, I just changed my County/Region to UK in Settings/Language ( instead of US ) .. and the Audio Boost button is ... gone
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-21-13 10:51 AM
    The change log ( BlackBerry PlayBook OS Updates - PlayBook Software Support - US )
    indicates that 'Audio Boost update to comply with European Standard 'EN 60950-1/A12' '
    It is possible that some legislation in your country/region is more restrictive that the EU directive, and the audio level is even more limited ?
    For what I was able to find quickly, That EU directive do not limit the level, but just mandate a warning ...

FYI, I just changed my County/Region to UK in Settings/Language ( instead of US ) .. and the Audio Boost button is ... gone
    So it's the Europeans who have stolen my Audio Boost button. Typical of them. Well from now on until they give me my button back, I am going to drink Greek brandy. That will teach them not to mess with my pb buttons!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-21-13 11:41 AM
    I'm across the pond and don't drink brandy. Maybe someone else will help you out.
    Be aware that you are not safe from me there either. I am coming across the pond to work for three months shortly, so keep looking over your shoulder at all times. Well when I get there that is but you know what I mean.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-21-13 11:45 AM
    Be aware that you are not safe from me there either. I am coming across the pond to work for three months shortly, so keep looking over your shoulder at all times. Well when I get there that is but you know what I mean.
    I'll be making my tin foil hat for the occasion
    02-21-13 11:56 AM
    I'll be making my tin foil hat for the occasion
    And there was I thinking you all wore cowboy hats. Damn I don't look good in tinfoil. I don't look good in anything but I thought that a cowboy hat would hide most of my face.
    02-21-13 12:25 PM
    And there was I thinking you all wore cowboy hats. Damn I don't look good in tinfoil. I don't look good in anything but I thought that a cowboy hat would hide most of my face.
    If you wear a cowboy hat I'll be able to spot you better around here.
    02-21-13 12:33 PM
    If you wear a cowboy hat I'll be able to spot you better around here.
    Mmmmmmmm what if I wear a Z10 in my buttonhole and wear Rollerblades? How about that then. Got you there didn't I?
    axllebeer likes this.
    02-21-13 12:39 PM
    Mmmmmmmm what if I wear a Z10 in my buttonhole and wear Rollerblades? How about that then. Got you there didn't I?
    there are places younwould fit right in
    02-21-13 12:47 PM
    there are places younwould fit right in
    Sorry about that, I was rooting around in the cellar. I knew I had some greek brandy somewhere and I found it hooorah for me.

By the way will I need a horse?
    02-21-13 12:58 PM
    Sorry about that, I was rooting around in the cellar. I knew I had some greek brandy somewhere and I found it hooorah for me.

By the way will I need a horse?
    Only if you want to clean up after it.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-21-13 01:04 PM
    Only if you want to clean up after it.
    Nice one there my man. Ok on the walk back from the cellar I have been practising my US accent and I even impressed myself. I will blend in like a hotdog stand that's been there for years. Ok get this!

I've come for my boy.
    Get off your horse and drink your milk.
    Book them Danno.
    Life is like a box of chocolates.
    Look at me ma I'm on top of the world.
    Sunny side up.

Go on then admit your impressed! Wait until I get some more practice.

P's is Chicago near Texas?
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-21-13 01:14 PM
    Nice one there my man. Ok on the walk back from the cellar I have been practising my US accent and I even impressed myself. I will blend in like a hotdog stand that's been there for years. Ok get this!

I've come for my boy.
    Get off your horse and drink your milk.
    Book them Danno.
    Life is like a box of chocolates.
    Look at me ma I'm on top of the world.
    Sunny side up.

Go on then admit your impressed! Wait until I get some more practice.

P's is Chicago near Texas?
    Great job lol. Chicago is only 1000 miles from TX give or take a few.
    02-21-13 01:24 PM
    Great job lol. Chicago is only 1000 miles from TX give or take a few.
    I take that as a no then. So if it's a 1000 miles away then, it must be near Florida am I right?
    02-21-13 01:31 PM
    Oh, you are going to be wasting your time in the boring middle of this country? (now, I am in trouble!!!)
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-21-13 01:38 PM
    Oh, you are going to be wasting your time in the boring middle of this country? (now, I am in trouble!!!)
    Well that's a bit of a conundrum In itself. If I don't know where the middle is, how will I know when to be bored. Ok I've only worked in Washington DC and Pittsburg before so is Chicago anywhere nearby. Also how do I blend in with the Chicagoans.?
    02-21-13 01:54 PM
    Well that's a bit of a conundrum In itself. If I don't know where the middle is, how will I know when to be bored. Ok I've only worked in Washington DC and Pittsburg before so is Chicago anywhere nearby. Also how do I blend in with the Chicagoans.?
    Buy drinks wherever you go and you should be fine.
    02-21-13 02:17 PM
    Learn to say "jahket" (for jacket) for a start.

I lived, well, survived 3 years in Chicago but that was a long time ago. A "major" city without a resident ballet company, I mean, really!?
    02-21-13 02:22 PM

I lived, well, survived 3 years in Chicago but that was a long time ago. A "major" city without a resident ballet company, I mean, really!?
    I still like the Bronx
    02-21-13 02:26 PM
    Roflol
    Btw i'm UK & don't have a button, i'm wondering if plugging in headphones makes it appear but i don't have headphones either.
    02-21-13 04:00 PM

Joffery Ballet has been resident in Chicago for about 10 years now.
    02-21-13 04:03 PM
    Joffery Ballet has been resident in Chicago for about 10 years now.
    Finally. I was actually quite surprised but this was back in 1972 and I was from NY. But with a major opera and symphony I was surprised by the absence of ballet (oh, and "art" movie theaters.)
    02-21-13 06:24 PM
    is there any chance one of these updates will make this thing boot faster, when I just want to read a book by the time it boots up I'm not into reading anymore, lol
    02-22-13 09:17 AM
253 ... 7891011