All these numerous posts and no one posted the list from BlackBerry PlayBook OS Updates - PlayBook Software Support - US

1526 includes the following updates for the W-Fi only PlayBook:

Improvements to Gmail� and Yahoo!� account setup services
    Enhancements to browser performance
    Audio Boost update to comply with European Standard 'EN 60950-1/A12'
    Renaming of BlackBerry App World™ storefront to BlackBerry� World™ storefront

... and FYI: my sweet lil PB is ticking along just fine after the update. I've actually read all the posts on these 4 pages and not one of the issues/problems mentioned earlier in this thread is occurring on my PB.

And for the record, I just used BB Link to run a successful backup of my PB to my laptop.
    Last edited by PatrickMJS; 03-05-13 at 10:38 AM. Reason: Fix typo
    pronomad, axllebeer and CdaS like this.
    02-15-13 01:13 PM
    The keyboard on the browser is much worse on mine after the update.
    02-15-13 01:36 PM
    I downloaded the 133mb update and then it installed and started to download a 401mb update.. ? Anyone else have this or know why it needs another 401mb?

This happened to me too. It seems to have installed itself quite happily.

Browser seems to be the main difference; a bit brisker and with far less chequerboarding, although it still looks a bit clunky compared to my daughter's iPad browser (boo:-)

All the best

David
    02-15-13 01:41 PM
    When the Playbook can load the Android Netflix App and use Skype then we will have a functional tablet...
    ...Until then it's all "concept junk".
    Ahh - so I did nothing with my PlayBook on my recent business trip? I didn't use it to watch movies, read a book, read graphic novels, play some video games, type up a document, send some emails etc?

I must have imagined those functions ...
    02-15-13 01:45 PM
    All these numerous posts and no one posted the list from BlackBerry PlayBook OS Updates - PlayBook Software Support - US

1526 includes the following updates for the W-Fi only PlayBook:

Improvements to Gmail� and Yahoo!� account setup services
    Enhancements to browser performance
    Audio Boost update to comply with European Standard 'EN 60950-1/A12'
    Renaming of BlackBerry App World™ storefront to BlackBerry� World™ storefront

... and FYI: my sweet lil PB is ticking along just fine after the update. I've actually read all the posts on these 4 pages and not one of the issues above is occurring on PB.

And for the record, I just used BB Link to run a successful backup of my PB to my laptop.
    Something I wish this website would plainly post in an obvious place instead of having to sift through a bunch of "I think (____) seems faster/slower!" posts. Still 150-ish MBs worth of an update and not very much added or fixed. My dinky 16gb is dwindling fast. If they allowed OTG, Ill be super happy even if skype and BB10 never happen.
    uncle_numpty and Enyigma like this.
    02-15-13 02:03 PM
    Hey goggle boy,

It took me all of 3 seconds to "goggle" it.

LOL

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-15-13 02:20 PM
    I'm just updating mine now. To be honest I own an iPad 2, Kindle Fire, Playbook & a Nexus 7. I have my Playbook on eBay as out the 4 is the least used.

I'm hoping that the keyboard lag has been fixed I have read this thread and on some it has and on some it hasn't.

Will report my findings when I get it updated.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    02-15-13 02:20 PM
    since this update, my playbook became silent. No sound.

Anybody has experienced this ?
    02-15-13 02:22 PM
    seems faster which is great but I don't get all this audio boost talk. Either I don't know what audio boost is or I've been lucky because I've had that feature for ages... maybe even os1 but can't recall.
    02-15-13 02:23 PM
    Given the FB app was made by FB, I'm not surprised that BB didn't touch it. Blame FB for not updating their app after tweaking the back end and screwing up the app for us.
    The facebook app on the PlayBook and BlackBerry smartphones (Including BlackBerry 10) have all been done by BlackBerry themselves.
    southlander likes this.
    02-15-13 02:48 PM
    Not sure what the limits actually were prior to the EU enacting this, but here is what they had to conform to:

Key points

• Based on a sound limit of 85 dB considered safe under normal conditions of use.
    • The user can choose to override the limit so that the sound level can be increased up to maximum 100 dB.
    • If the user overrides the limit, warnings about the risks must be repeated every 20 hours of listening time.
    • Transition period ends on 24 January 2013. After this date, industry is expected to apply the standards to their products.
    • Standards are voluntary. However, conforming products benefit from a presumption of conformity to the safety requirements of the applicable EU legislation on the risk of hearing damage.
    • CENELEC will now develop "smart" methods for protection against excessive sound levels based on the measurement of sound dose.

EUROPA - Consumer Affairs - Consumer product safety - Product specific issues
    02-15-13 02:49 PM
    My PB lives in standby when not in use (WiFi and Bluetooth off) and I have not noticed any change in battery life since updatkng to 1526.
    02-15-13 03:33 PM
    Looks ok, the keyboard isn't lagging now and the sounds work fine, not sure but the bootup time might be slightly reduced.
    02-15-13 03:46 PM
    For a while now whenever I would turn on my PB holding it in landscape mode it would quickly go into portrait mode the keyboard would pop up looking oddly stretched. No amount of tapping on the screen would correct it until after about 5 seconds the screen would return to normal and I would be able to enter my password.
    The update appears to have fixed this.
    Also subfolders are now staying in the actual folders I created.
    02-15-13 05:20 PM
    I fixed the problem by rebooting the device.
    the browser is now slightly better. I can work with the javascript on, without any major problem. Still, it is not perfect yet.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    02-15-13 07:24 PM
    I'm just updating mine now. To be honest I own an iPad 2, Kindle Fire, Playbook & a Nexus 7. I have my Playbook on eBay as out the 4 is the least used.

I'm hoping that the keyboard lag has been fixed I have read this thread and on some it has and on some it hasn't.

Will report my findings when I get it updated.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    The only fix for the keyboard lag, if you have it, is a security wipe. Then it's good for a month or two before you have to wipe again. I get a fair amount of use out of my PB, but it's still a deeply flawed product. I don't expect it to get any better, and those who are expecting it will, either through an update like this one or, more improbably, some bastardized version of BB10, are just kidding themselves.
    phylez and playbookpa like this.
    02-15-13 08:58 PM
    The only fix for the keyboard lag, if you have it, is a security wipe. Then it's good for a month or two before you have to wipe again. I get a fair amount of use out of my PB, but it's still a deeply flawed product. I don't expect it to get any better, and those who are expecting it will, either through an update like this one or, more improbably, some bastardized version of BB10, are just kidding themselves.
    I can't remember how they wrote the keyboard but km remembering for some reason that it's not in native code or something like that. I hope that this is one of the things that gets addressed before they EOL the original PlayBook. Something like what the Z10 has written in the same code would be a godsend on this device.

Don't get me wrong, it's WAY better than the pre OS 2.0 one was. But if they redo the OS with better coding like the Z10, everything will be so much better. Even if they keep things mostly the way it is now as far as UI but add in the additional functionality. This is my wish. Then the apps for BB10 will work on the PlayBook I would think.
    02-15-13 09:15 PM
    Its goggle, not google. LOL

I doubt googling whatever "it" will take 3 seconds. Most blogs have breaking news, like new software updates, in an obvious place that would actually take 3 seconds to see.
    playbookpa likes this.
    02-15-13 10:59 PM
    here in the Netherlands i can see text message in the bridge map. i will test it in a moment

update: just send a text message and it works well
    02-15-13 11:22 PM
    Actually simple restart should take care of most keyboard bugs should they get overly annoying. A truly native keyboard will be awesome. Native browser. Some very good things to come. Remember, BB10 worked on the Dev A with less power than the PB and it was running the hub which I don't foresee coming to the PB as is on the Z/Q10.
    02-16-13 01:33 AM
    more stable, awsesome keyboard, faster browser!!!!
    the only thing I really want more, is skype and more options for vpn with mikrotik os.
    Well done RIM.

ps: I forgot: "RIM, give us back our BIS (on BB10 that is)!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    02-16-13 01:37 AM
    I thought the audio was fixed.... sounded awesome ...chliin to some nobex radio, but when I opened iBidder (an android app) the audio crashed... used memory eater to "kill" everything, but that doesn't work... tbis is still the same issue that been plaguing the playbook for almost a year now... sucks I have to reboot every time the audio crashes.
    02-16-13 01:40 AM
    I thought the audio was fixed.... sounded awesome ...chliin to some nobex radio, but when I opened iBidder (an android app) the audio crashed... used memory eater to "kill" everything, but that doesn't work... tbis is still the same issue that been plaguing the playbook for almost a year now... sucks I have to reboot every time the audio crashes.
    Some apps don't play well with the PlayBook. Try removing or reinstalling suspect apps.
    02-16-13 01:45 AM
    Its goggle, not google. LOL

I doubt googling whatever "it" will take 3 seconds. Most blogs have breaking news, like new software updates, in an obvious place that would actually take 3 seconds to see.
    Hey I gave you the link you asked for and still with the attitude??!!! Sheesh.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    Last edited by PatrickMJS; 02-16-13 at 09:54 AM. Reason: Add quote
    02-16-13 01:46 AM
    App world sometimes strucks other all awsome ..
    02-16-13 07:31 AM
253 ... 45678 ...