Cant update, downloads the full 400 MB (why am I getting a 400 MB update when it is supposed to be 132???) then starts installing, and about half installation gets the error "Update interrupted"....re-tried like 5 times ans got the same.
    02-14-13 11:16 AM
    Im sorry, not half way installation, its 96%....this is very annoying

EDIT
    finally came through..... had to update via Desktop Software....
    Last edited by jlfarias; 02-14-13 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Update
    02-14-13 11:20 AM
    Has anyone done any objective tests regarding this update and the browser performance - like running some benchmark tests before and after they ran the upgrade?
    02-14-13 11:25 AM
    Hey, Blackberry. How about including a password manager in the browser. I'm sick of having to hunt down passwords for some sites because the browser doesn't retain them. I mean it's not a lot to ask for, all the best browsers have this feature.
    mhmediaonline likes this.
    02-14-13 11:53 AM
    is the audio boost a feature button or have they just increased the max volume as I can't see anything new to do with audio boost.
    Main screen, swipe down from top, scroll to sounds, select on for audio boost.
    02-14-13 12:11 PM
    My Android player is all jacked up after the update Smh...I haven't had to wipe and restore in about 7 months. Ugh.
    02-14-13 01:01 PM
    No the Facebook application is made by BlackBerry aka Research In Motion. They should fix it but they haven't. It's been broke for many months.
    Given the FB app was made by FB, I'm not surprised that BB didn't touch it. Blame FB for not updating their app after tweaking the back end and screwing up the app for us.
    02-14-13 01:04 PM
    Can anyone help me with the updating? My Playbook cannot contact the update server over wifi ("Could not connect to the update server - check your network connection settings"), yet my wifi works perfectly, my Playbook is fully charged and on its charging stand. If I connect it to my PC, the desktop software detects and is starting to download the update, but why won't my Playbook detect and install updates without being plugged in to my PC? As said, my wifi is working fine on the Playbook - I can purchase apps, receive emails, browse the net etc, so I'm not sure why I'm having this problem.
    02-14-13 01:20 PM
    Has anyone done any objective tests regarding this update and the browser performance - like running some benchmark tests before and after they ran the upgrade?
    Sadly no. It just feels snappier. And doesn't stall on some sites like before
    02-14-13 01:26 PM
    Native BB calendar will not sync with my native PB calendar. I thought if you entered a date inthe phone or vice versus the entry would sync to both devices. Uggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!
    02-14-13 02:24 PM
    Guys, we are still trying to convince BalckBerry to roll BB10 to PlayBook... that "small" update is like a positive gesture or response that we will still getting something better...

So, I suggest, for the moment, we should be thankful and count the blessing first... before the sheep...

To BlackBerry thanks for the updates... and we are looking forward to a better one... like close to BB10 if not yet BB10...
    Having just bought a PlayBook, I have to say that I'm I'm very happy with the performance of OS2.1. I would not want BlackBerry to push out a full OS10 upgrade if it meant degrading the PlayBook's excellent performance.

I read somewhere that OS10 needs 2GB of RAM to be happy. That would make it a no-go on the PlayBook.

My only real grip with the PlayBook is the simplistic music player. I'm looking for a better alternative with convenient jump lists and capacity for multiple playlists. I don't know what's out there yet.
    02-14-13 02:55 PM
    I read somewhere that OS10 needs 2GB of RAM to be happy. That would make it a no-go on the PlayBook.
    This is one of my biggest pet peeves of forums: people pass of their speculation as though it's a fact; then other people believe them.

Unless the person who wrote the post was a software engineer at BlackBerry and designed the OS memory management and established the minimum system requirements, take it with a grain of salt.
    02-14-13 03:02 PM
    I'm too paranoid to update until I hear more feedback and pros/cons. What I'm really scared of is the breaking of bridge functionality. There are links all over the place including lots of discussion on the forums here.

Interweb link
    BB10 Bridge Functionality Will Be Restored Gradually

If the playbook, when it goes to BB10, can't fully bridge with all current functionality to a BB7 phone (Yes my company got them for free so I'm stuck with one) then the horrible situation below will have come to fruition.

1. Waited for a year for BB10, oh glorious OS of OS's
    2. Held my breath waiting to see if they'd release BB10 in January for playbook
    3. Disappointment at not getting it
    4. Happy when an announcement comes out that BB10 will be coming to playbook
    5. Sooooo bumbed when I heard the bridge debacle
    6. Horrible realization that if bridge is broken if I go to BB10 on my playbook that I can't upgrade to the OS I've been dreaming about for over a year
    7. Cold sick feeling in my belly when I realize my wife will have BB10 on her playbook while I'm stuck in the old OS to maintain my bridge functionality (THE HORROR!!!)

Love to love you,
    Todd (aka Troll)
    02-14-13 03:14 PM
    Can anyone help me with the updating? My Playbook cannot contact the update server over wifi ("Could not connect to the update server - check your network connection settings"), yet my wifi works perfectly, my Playbook is fully charged and on its charging stand. If I connect it to my PC, the desktop software detects and is starting to download the update, but why won't my Playbook detect and install updates without being plugged in to my PC? As said, my wifi is working fine on the Playbook - I can purchase apps, receive emails, browse the net etc, so I'm not sure why I'm having this problem.
    Can you find a Public wifi spot at a cafe, library, city hall, etc and give that a try?
    02-14-13 04:02 PM
    Having just bought a PlayBook, I have to say that I'm I'm very happy with the performance of OS2.1. I would not want BlackBerry to push out a full OS10 upgrade if it meant degrading the PlayBook's excellent performance.

My only real grip with the PlayBook is the simplistic music player. I'm looking for a better alternative with convenient jump lists and capacity for multiple playlists. I don't know what's out there yet.
    Well, it can support, or rather USE multiple playlists. It just canNOT create more than one. If you create them on another platform, you can copy and use them on the pb.
    02-14-13 04:04 PM
    Well my findings so far have been one heck of an amazing trip to the amazon all the way back to the mississippi river.

I found out its gone missing in action for the LTE version and now my playbook is howling in pain and suffering from the abuse Rogers has denied so far to allow it to have acces to download this update.
    02-14-13 04:14 PM
    In some other thread, some wrote

I ran browsermark 2.0 before and after the update and got 1894 before update and 1976 after, so about a 5% improvement there. Not sure how much benchmarks translate to real world browser performance though. It feels faster, but could be power of suggestion.
    Noticing much better kerboard performance in the browser. Was laggy as **** before, now its smooth. HTML5 score also jumped to 411 from 390ish
    02-14-13 04:23 PM
    Since the update, I'm experiencing a quicker battery drain. Anyone else?
    02-14-13 04:25 PM
    I was hoping they would fix the ability to add attendees for gmail in the calendar.

jeff

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    02-14-13 04:40 PM
    This is one of my biggest pet peeves of forums: people pass of their speculation as though it's a fact; then other people believe them.

Unless the person who wrote the post was a software engineer at BlackBerry and designed the OS memory management and established the minimum system requirements, take it with a grain of salt.
    And if he is a software engineer at BlackBerry and designed the OS memory management then god help us all!
    02-14-13 04:51 PM
    As to the UPDATE:.................. Yawn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Spencerdl likes this.
    02-14-13 04:54 PM

People have speculated (myself included) that the spec of the released BB10 devices, calls into question whether the PlayBook's spec will cause performance issues with BB10. However, you're doing 2 + 2 = 5 to extrapolate that to "needs" and "no-go".

It raises a question about spec and resources, it doesn't mean there is an issue. A subtle, perhaps, yet poignant difference.

As to the music player, it does have the capacity for multiple playlists - I've several playlists on my PlayBook, that the stock music player sees and is quite happy with them all.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    02-14-13 05:19 PM
    Can you find a Public wifi spot at a cafe, library, city hall, etc and give that a try?
    Thanks for replying. My wifi is working perfectly and at full strength at home. I've managed to get my 16Gb Playbook updating over wifi, but the 64Gb would only download via the Blackberry Desktop Software (it simply refused to connect to the update server even though the app world etc was working fine on it). Worryingly, the problematic 64Gb is now stuck on "Installing module 1 of 66" and has been so for over an hour. I daren't unplug it mid-install, but it now seems to be stuck.

EDIT: my 16Gb downloaded and overtook the 64Gb installation, so the 64Gb was definitely stuck. I pulled the plug and forced it into a restart. It's now downloaded the update over wifi and is installing it, so problem solved.
    Last edited by Bad Whippet; 02-14-13 at 06:02 PM.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    02-14-13 05:22 PM
    Is anyone having problems with the Docs To Go application now that they installed the update? I can't open any of the docs or create any new ones. The only function that works is the excel portion. Any ideas on how to fix?
    02-14-13 05:30 PM
    Hi. I think the volume boost is not a boost at all. Only added a warning when exceeding the recomended volume using headphones. Just like many mp3 players or other phones get that warning.

If i remember correctly i could listen to music at beatport.com now i can't. Traxsource.com is working fine and both are in html5.
    Enyigma likes this.
    02-14-13 06:29 PM
253 12345 ...