Tick Tock. This week is ticking away. Even though good ol rroyy is a great guy when I read it my toughts were the same as always. Grain of salt.
    12-13-12 03:18 PM
    ok, let me rephrase....."a lot of you". But it DOES happen everytime word of an update comes out. Yes, everytime. and No. I don't. I wait till I see that nice blog post that's its going to be available or its already out. Mostly when its already out.
    and as it was just stated, take it as a grain of salt until official word of it comes out.
    BB_Bmore and Majestic Lion like this.
    12-13-12 03:27 PM
    I was hoping to end this week on a positive note for the BlackBerry Tablet OS. Curse you all for making me feel happy! Now back to "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas."
    12-13-12 04:46 PM
    Why continue to still support PlayBook Lame OS when BB10 is coming to the PlayBook in less than a year?
    Because we have patiently waited for Research In Motion to deliver the "leapfrog the competition" features promised in 2011. BlackBerry Bridge is the single "leapfrog the competition" feature but Jimbo and Mikey made the announcement post-release of BlackBerry Bridge. And I do not want to wait another year before BlackBerry 10 reaches the tablet with a tablet-suitable user interface; the current user interface (layout) is right for a tablet but the underlying operating system and system libraries could easily be updated to BlackBerry OS 10 within a week of the first BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the market.
    12-13-12 04:52 PM
    Why so in a hurry to get a load of new bugs that will need fixing? Plus all the bits we know from past experience of RIM that will be missing?

A company and its project delivery doesnt just change overnight.
    Sounds like you need to switch to another ecosystem.
    12-13-12 05:03 PM
    the current user interface (layout) is right for a tablet but the underlying operating system and system libraries could easily be updated to BlackBerry OS 10 within a week of the first BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the market.
    I wrote something a lot meaner at first, but decided it wasn't nice. The sentiment remains the same though - unless you are intimately familiar with the code and architecture, don't presume to make judgements about what's easy to develop, adapt and test.
    Last edited by RubberChicken76; 12-13-12 at 09:53 PM.
    12-13-12 05:05 PM
    A good sign that it will come out is when it does and/or RIM states its coming. Right now all we have is a rumor based on a post. There's no concrete news about one coming out so keep on checking for updates. ima sit back, relax and enjoy my pb while everyone breaks a finger pressing the update button.
    This happens every time. and all of you fall for this everytime then blast RIM when the supposed relase date comes and goes.
    act like I'm wrong.
    When was the last time RIM actually gave us a "specific" release date for the PlayBook OS?
    12-13-12 05:23 PM
    When was the last time RIM actually gave us a "specific" release date for the PlayBook OS?
    around the same time a rumor of a release came true-almost never. except for maybe the initial release of 2.0. that's my point. a lot here can check for updates all they want and post about it everytime. the rest of us can enjoy what we have until a release becomes official. as in-we wake up and bam! Update notification or seeing the blog post that its out.
    we know it tends to come out around 5am est. and we usually get a reliable heads up the night before. the question should be, when was the last time we got advance notice of a release date?
    12-13-12 05:29 PM
    Sounds like you need to switch to another ecosystem.
    Nope, just a little more realistic than most around here. Been round the block on this game a few times to know that something new isnt always the best way.

The playbook is too old and embarrassing for RIM to really care about it long term. As soon as those shiny new BB10 phones go on sale the playbook will be forgotten about. It will all be about moving forward, not looking back to past mistakes.

I'm for just tying up the loose ends with what we have and leave it at that. BB10 can go on the new hardware. I think it will be a world of hurt for us personally.

But I will hang around long enough to say "told you so" when BB10 turns out to be a dogs dinner on the playbook.........
    12-13-12 05:33 PM
    Epic fail...
    12-13-12 11:15 PM
    in the mean time my finger hurts from pressing update button each morning....................

Sent from Blackberry Playbook using TapaTalk 2
    12-14-12 03:01 PM
    Have problem .my bbplay book stops in 37%of download.and i cant opened .how can i update
    12-14-12 04:44 PM
    Have problem .my bbplay book stops in 37%of download.and i cant opened .how can i update
    The OS on an Initial Setup? Or apps? Or?

Do you have access to public wifi like Library or Starbucks?
    12-14-12 05:36 PM
    The OS on an Initial Setup? Or apps? Or?

Do you have access to public wifi like Library or Starbucks?
    Also how long have you let it charge? The battery needs to be at least 20%
    12-14-12 05:39 PM
    Also how long have you let it charge? The battery needs to be at least 20%
    Do you mean this update started to roll?
    12-15-12 06:02 AM
    Do you mean this update started to roll?
    Nope. Just replying to the poster with an issue. Should have made a new thread or asked in one of the many already going.
    12-15-12 06:18 AM
    Swipe down from top bezel when in the browser
    Tap Settings
    Tap Content
    Tap Javascript Off

You'll lose some of the features of certain sites though, so it's not a perfect solution. But it does make a huge speed difference on many sites.
    Sweet ......what a difference ! Was starting to think that my PB was getting sluggish.
    12-15-12 08:16 PM
    Epic fail...
    By who? The rumour mill?

The week has past and nothing. Gotta love these rumours.
    9of13 likes this.
    12-18-12 03:59 PM
    By who? The rumour mill? The week has past and nothing. Gotta love these rumours.
    This was not presented as a rumor. It was a thought based on past experiences with how RIM has done things in the past. The reasoning is perfectly logical, but nothing is done until it's done.
    12-18-12 04:14 PM
    This was not presented as a rumor. It was a thought based on past experiences with how RIM has done things in the past. The reasoning is perfectly logical, but nothing is done until it's done.
    This is true. But wouldn't this be the same logic that analysts use to "predict" RIMs future? Its demise, devices not coming out till June, etc? Just playing "devils advocate". But we've also gotten public "hints" and outright "here's what's going on" from the new commanders running RIM now. Or atleast a timeframe. This was from one post on one thread in one website which, from past experiences, has never not gained attention and became fact. If there was some fact to this, news woulda spread like wildfire on the blogs because someone woulda dug deeper.
    as both me and you have both stated with different words, when it happens, it happens.
    12-18-12 04:57 PM
    Agree. Coming from the OP who I think has some contacts, it seemed slightly more credible than some.
    12-18-12 05:04 PM
    It was a good rumor, I enjoyed it and still have not given up on it.
    12-18-12 05:16 PM
    12-19-12 08:47 AM
    Week later, higher build.
    9of13 likes this.
    12-19-12 08:53 AM
    hopefully they'll add the BB10 Webworks API's so i can active develop apps for BB10. it really suck testing every minor adjustment with the simulator

(Ripple doesnt show bugfixes)
    12-19-12 08:58 AM
105 ... 2345