Hi there,

Noob here, so here is my story and wanted to know if anyone else with similar issue. My wife ordered a playbook for me last Saturday Jan 7 2012, was told that everything was fine and that an email confirmation will be sent out within the next 1-2 hours. Order was completed with an AMEX card, reason it was purchased with AMEX is because of the extra year of warranty once manufacturer's runs out.

Wife purchased Playbook because it was a really good deal and figure that I can start testing it for my company. Company is looking to go with mobile devices so I figure i might be able to pitched it to the CIO because of cost. 300$ is not a bad deal for a tablet mobile device, all our sales people already have BB so we figure they can get tablet and use Bridge to connect to web at no extra charge.

Order was made and 3 days later no email confirmation of purchased. I contacted @shopblackberry email requesting for status. I received an email back from support stating that i needed to contacted them as my order was in Processing status. I replied on my email why it was in processing state as all the information already had been given. Next day I called and provided the information and was told that all is good and that a confirmation will be sent in the next few hours. Next day I emailed them requesting for status and was informed that I needed to call them to finalized my process with the financial department. I explained on my email that all was already given and i do not know what else was needed. I called provided them with information and was told again that all is good and that email confirmation will be sent. Next day, no email confirmation, did a follow up status and was told that in processing status and that I needed to call them. Unfortunately i didnt have my wifes card with me so i couldnt provide them with the info. I told them that once I get back into town the next day I will provide them with info.

Next day back into town from traveling I called and was told that my order had been declined and that she was going to escalate it however it was going to take 24-48hr business day. The rep mentioned that I have to options, i can either wired money or send a check for my order. Now this is clearly stupid. So here I am, venting my frustration with the ordering process.

I am aware that Blackberry/RIM is using Globalware Solution for there purchasing services. People who are none savvy will clearly see this as a RIM/Blackberry issue, which makes it even worst with all of the current situation they are going thru.

Has anyone else had this issue?

I am going to wait and see if they can resolve this issue as claimed, 24-48 hrs.
    I am not sure if supplies are out and that this is a stall tactic or RIM is in worst financial trouble then anticipated. As a consumer, issue like this makes one to not have faith in RIM/Blackberry and their future. Will keep you all posted.
    01-14-12 05:16 PM
    Frankly, I have not, and all 5 of the 6 Playbooks I bought were with SBB. The last order was on the day they offered $299 for any flavor, and I ordered, got a confirmation of purchase about 15 minutes later, and then got an e-mail about 48 hours later stating that PB will be shipped via Fed Ex with a tracking #. From the day I ordered to the day I received it was 7 or 8 days.
    01-14-12 05:23 PM
    I ordered mine last Saturday and received it Thursday. Got the first e-mail within 15 minutes, however my e-mail saying it was shipped had no tracking number. I did not bother calling and it showed up USPS on Thurs. It will be worth the wait. There are three in my household and no problems with any of them. Good luck!
    01-14-12 05:33 PM
    I can't speak for others, but I ordered a 64 GB PlayBook from shopblackberry on Monday with my Visa card. Got a confirmation of my order shortly afterwards...and it shipped out the next day. The only thing I am concerned about is that there doesn't appear to be a tracking #. Overall, the transaction was smooth and minimal delay from order to ship.

Good luck with your PlayBook purchase...it is worth the wait (I'm also have a 16 GB)
    01-14-12 05:35 PM
    OP, have you checked your AMEX account on line? See if there is still a pending or if it was actually charged to your account. You can also call your CC account's phone number and verify what the hold up is. It also could be the name on the account is not the same as the order you have submitted to SBB.
    01-14-12 05:37 PM
    I noticed that the ones were made with Visa went thru but who else made order with AMEX that went thru.. Just curious.. anyone who use an AMEX... i am using AMEX because of warranty, its an AMEX/Costco card... best way to make a purchase...
    01-14-12 05:46 PM
    Just got off the phone with my AMEX account and all is good at there end..They mentioned that there are no block.. I love AMEX....I attempted to make an online purchased with @shopblackberry for the playbook with my card and it says FAILED and to contact the listed number... Somehow I think the issue is with @Shopblackberry and that they are trying to deter people from using AMEX for the purchase. The reason why I am using AMEX for my purchase is because I get an extra year warranty after the manufacturer's date of purchased... This is why I love AMEX,, free 1year warranty on electronic device purchase....
    01-14-12 06:01 PM
    I ordered a 64GB PlayBook (my household's second one which I'll give to my wife for Valentine's Day) early on Tuesday morning Jan. 10, I received the confirmation eMail in less than one minute, it indicated that a followup eMail would contain the shipment confirmation and tracking details, I received such eMail less than 24 hours later with no tracking info available though, I knew my credit card's bank had approved it in a matter of a couple of minutes after I placed the order online because I had received a notification on my BlackBerry indicating such approval; on Friday Jan. 13 the tracking info was eMailed to me, the package had arrived at the local post office that morning which meant I won't receive it until next week's Tuesday because my shipment address is my office's and we're closed today, tomorrow and Monday (M.L.K.'s Birthday Holiday) and the postal service is off on Monday also.

I believe your problem is due to Amex having declined the transaction, in such cases SBB is unable to complete the order process, either your wife or you (whichever one of you is the account holder) needs to contact Amex to verify that the order is legitimate and should be approved.
    01-14-12 06:29 PM
    i had the same issue
    01-14-12 06:33 PM
    If the AMEX is a corporate credit card it might explain some of the difficulties you are having with ShopBlackBerry. Try calling ShopBlackBerry and use a personal credit card.
    01-14-12 06:37 PM
    I ordered mine last Saturday and received it Thursday. Got the first e-mail within 15 minutes, however my e-mail saying it was shipped had no tracking number. I did not bother calling and it showed up USPS on Thurs. It will be worth the wait. There are three in my household and no problems with any of them. Good luck!
    6 PBs!!!! you have a different PB for each day or something ?I gather Sunday is free of BB and addictive PB ?
    oldtimeBBaddict likes this.
    01-14-12 06:43 PM
    Mine was ordered Thursday with Visa and has shipped. I won't have a tracking number because I chose free shipping via USPS.
    01-14-12 06:46 PM
    I am the primary account holder on the AMEX card, my wife is just added to my account. I've already called AMEX and they verified that my account is active and that there are no pending hold or block. Both of our cards are still active and have been able to use them just recently within the last 2 hours..
    I was hoping to be able to get the Playbook thru @shopblackberry so i didnt have to pay for tax and shipping along with getting my extra warranty that AMEX provide, but I guess i may have to go to my local best buy or competing store to see if they have it at that price,...hopefully they will price match.

here is my assessment.
    I think because AMEX merchant fee is higher than visa or any other cc; Globalware Solution who is providing the services for Blackberry is making it difficult for AMEX user to make purchase. This is the reason why they requested if i wanted to make purchase that i wired them money or send check,,, no merchant fee of 3% for transaction.
    Playbook for 299 no sale tax and not shipping cost minus a 3% merchant transaction fee for AMEX is a potential lost for the service provider (Globalware Solution) which will look BAD as most customer only sees it as a RIM/Blackberry issue regardless of who is providing there sales services for them.

GlobalWare Solutions |

If i am RIM/Blackberry this would really upset me because clearly this is what the service provider is doing..trying to optimize profit by declining AMEX and making it difficult so they can get that 1 extra % on their pocket book...

All the customer sees is a RIM/Blackberry issue,,,,,, they dont care who is providing the services....
    01-14-12 06:58 PM
    Its a AMEX/Costco card..... i am the primary account holder and my wife is on my account... attempts were made with both card and both fail....

Lets take a poll and see how many had success with AMEX purchase...
    mine failed here.....
    01-14-12 07:00 PM
    and not with AMEX....correct?
    01-14-12 07:02 PM
    I was told by a "supervisor" at ShopBlackBerry.com (sales people were clueless) that many people ordering with VISA, MasterCard and Discover cards as well as AMEX are experiencing order fail notices, some due to their shopblackberry account addresses or phone numbers not matching their credit card addresses or billing addresses not exactly matching shipping addresses and some due to incorrect security code numbers from their cards being entered on their orders and some due to typos in the card numbers, etc. Instead of just an error message that incorrect information was entered, the orders just "fail" and are cancelled without the opportunity to go back and correct the typos. I found out because I tried to order with my business AMEX card which has my office address and phone info and I was shipping to my shopblackberry address which is my home address. I also first called AMEX to insure there was no problem with them or my card and was assured that all fine on my end and on their end, so the problem was SBB.

I called SBB and was also given the option to send a check or wire transfer money, but could not do a credit card order by phone since my order had been "flagged" or something. I then instead retried my order online with a personal credit card that had the same billing address as my shipping, home and SBB account, which worked fine. I also chose the free shipping since I already own a PB and there was no rush, but this means that they ship by USPS and give no tracking number. The worst thing of it all though was the fact that they placed a $300 pending charge on my other credit card that cannot be removed for 3 business days even no order ever went through on that card.
    01-14-12 07:18 PM
    Might want to search as I believe there was a huge thread about some issues with SBB.

Sorry man, hope you get it resolved soon.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
    01-14-12 07:29 PM
    In my case the AMEX card, billing and shipping address were all the same. These were clearly transpose into there webform so no human interaction was needed.... i personally think that the services that RIM/Blackberry is getting from Globalware Solution is the problem, they are clearly trying to maximize their bottom line by making it difficult for AMEX card harder because of the merchant fee which is obviously higher than most credit card...

in the end, all the customer sees is an issue with BB/RIM...
    01-14-12 07:32 PM
    If SBB really didn't want to take orders on AMEX cards they would just remove the option, problem solved. And maybe AMEX should charge the same fee as the other cards if they don't want this to happen. And yes, I get and appreciate the extra warranty that AMEX gives as you have pointed out a few times now.
    01-14-12 07:36 PM
    I placed two orders with AMEX back in late November. The first time I did encounter a problem and had to call Amex to sort it out. They had blocked the transaction (it wasn't Globalware's doing) since it got "security flagged".

Turns out I had a few "odd" gas station charges in the week before and they were being cautious (which is something I always appreciate when Amex does it actually, even if it's a momentary pain). Specifically I'd had car service performed, and the charges were applied in two chunks, so two large transactions. The next day I was in another town where I'd never been and used another gas station. AMEX's computers thought it smelled funny.

Anyway, they checked me out, cleared the card, and I placed the order again with Globalware with no issues.

Second order three days later went through no problem.
    mikeplus1 likes this.
    01-14-12 08:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD