I realize that the title is a little different so here it goes. I know RIM knows that they have to have better advertising and I really hope they do a good job but I think it's time they get the blackberry name back into people's heads! I think that they can do this by some good playbook advertising.

I don't know about others but I had pretty much forgotten about old Spice as a brand except maybe seeing it the odd time in the store until the famous "I'm on a horse" guy. Now I always connect old Spice with that and even think of the brand once and awhile because of it, and it gets people talking, which is always good!

In my opinion this is exactly what RIM needs to do, even if it means taking themselves a little less seriously. We need a fun commercial that's not crazy over the top but gets the branding name back in people's minds for the good while showing off the product.
    modine likes this.
    01-29-12 11:16 PM
    i totaly agree,
    shn'g likes this.
    01-29-12 11:20 PM
    The new CEO said his top priority was hiring a new marketing head exec... lets hope he gets an outsider who's truly "brand" new...
    shn'g likes this.
    01-29-12 11:23 PM
    The new CEO said his top priority was hiring a new marketing head exec... lets hope he gets an outsider who's truly "brand" new...
    Yeah exactly! They need someone with fresh perspective!
    01-29-12 11:27 PM
    I hear you all: A+ on designs, F- on marketing. Very strong A on naming of products. RIM says: "If we build it, they will come." Market share is not good, how is profitability, since not much is spent on marketing ? MUSTS: (1) maintain strong sense of security; (2) maintain and even upgrade server support.

As regards (2), RIM really, really needs to go into the details of system lapses, but probably won't. Most not-RIM users are so clueless on this point that they don't even know when their service is having problems.

I am predicting a very strong counter punch with OS2 in the area of USB linkage of our phones and PBs. Doc Neutron
    01-30-12 10:29 AM
    hire a Indian guy .
    01-30-12 10:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD