So finally we Indians get a piece of the price reduction happening across the globe

Just got the confirmation that from tomorrow, a customer will get a 8520 free along with some free accessories when he buys a playbook at regular price.

Hopefully it will see some numbers getting sold off if they can get a few ads out!
    10-15-11 11:34 AM
    So finally we Indians get a piece of the price reduction happening across the globe

Just got the confirmation that from tomorrow, a customer will get a 8520 free along with some free accessories when he buys a playbook at regular price.

Hopefully it will see some numbers getting sold off if they can get a few ads out!
    Where did you get the info from? Sounds great
    10-15-11 11:38 AM
    Am a distributor for Blackberry in Kerala, India dude.

Just got the official mail.

Check with your local dealer tomorrow or on Monday. If you need any info let me know how i can be of help.
    10-15-11 11:46 AM
    great news
    10-15-11 01:17 PM
    Why would someone want to have a 8250 with a playbook now that the new BB7 fones are out including the new curve!
    I do not get this deal. They should reduce the price straight.
    I saw a good offer on Ebay from a seller who is selling brand new unused playbook 16gb with Blackberry warranty for Rs 20,200/- The deal seems good if you are in India... but I got my playbook from US that to 32 GB for 21000/- Already!!
    10-15-11 03:11 PM
    The problem in India is that there is no "Blackberry" warranty. Currently the warranty is provided by Redington only. So for an Indian it usually makes sense buying from an authorized seller rather than off ebay

Also again a customer who buys a Playbook would be having a bold or a torch and getting an 8520 free means he could give it to his son or wife or colleague

And the dealer could also reduce the price of 8520 and sell the Playbook.

The possibilities are endless.

Also along with the 16GB you get a normal sleeve free and along with 32GB and 64GB you get the leather envelope free
    10-17-11 12:36 AM
    so lets assume you reduce the cost of 8250.... what would be the effective selling price of Playbook 32GB in India with dealers then?

Also the EBAY guy is offering MFR warranty not dealer warranty. Probably he is also reducing cost of 8250 and selling it online without additional freebies!
    10-17-11 01:50 AM
    The MRP of the 32GB is Rs.32,990 [approx $675] and the MRP of 8520 is Rs.9,990 [approx $200]

And yes if you are in India, like i said, there is no point having the manufacturers warranty as only Redington [who are the national importers and distributors of BB] will support you with warranty and service.
    10-17-11 02:12 AM
    Remember India's network is mainly 2G.
    While some of you might consider it being a painful experience browsing under 2G, it makes it at least possible there, while you can't rely on 3G tablets or 3G only devices (did not intentionally pointed out x, y or z).
    Maybe not a full stike ... but certainly at least a spare
    10-17-11 06:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD