Hey everyone,
    So I charged my PlayBook to 100% today and then I accidently pressed the "turn off" instead of "lock", closed my convertible case cover and went out. 4 hours later when I came back, I opened the cover case and noticed the screen backlight was still turned ON but playbook wasn't responsive. I had to do a hard reset (vol+ Vol - power) and it completely shut off.

Any one else had that happen to them?

Thanks
    09-15-12 08:20 PM
    It's common for the backlight to stay on while charging. Maybe the PB didn't recognize the unplug for some reason?
    09-15-12 08:26 PM
    It's common for the backlight to stay on while charging. Maybe the PB didn't recognize the unplug for some reason?
    it wasn't charging though. It had already charged and I used it for couple of minutes before stepping out.

in a matter of 4-5 hours, it drained the battery pretty bad. Went from 98% to 40%
    09-15-12 09:11 PM
    Just for more info: Which OS do you have on the pb?
    09-15-12 10:45 PM
    I had exactly same problem a week before. In my case the back light was on and the unit got heated. The battery was completely drained from fully charged unit with in a short time. I had no option but return and refund from PC world. I liked the PB but if it is not doing what is expected to do then there is no point of keeping it. By the way the OS was 2.
    Last edited by RaKaGrG; 09-16-12 at 03:35 AM.
    09-16-12 03:33 AM
    This happen to me today - PB haven't been off in months. Pressing shortly the power button switched-off the screen as well. I am on latest beta OS.
    09-16-12 05:04 AM
    Just for more info: Which OS do you have on the pb?
    I am on the beta 2.1.0.840

I don't definitely wont disagree if it doesn't turn out to be a bug. Cause I tested my PB 2 more times and it turned off fine after.
    09-16-12 08:02 AM
    I'm running OS .668 and something similar happened to me as well. A few weeks ago I hit turn off and went to bed and when I went to turn my pb back on in the morning and pressed the button, my pb screen immediately popped up. It had never turned off at all. I didn't have to do a reset or anything but it baffles me that it didn't turn off. Hasn't happened again but I find myself rechecking it before I go to bed these days.
    09-16-12 01:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD