The on/off button on my playbook 64g is stuck in the down position.
    I was able to reboot it (on/off button + vol up + vol - ), but the button is still stuck flat down.
    I plugged it in and left it to recharge.

How can I get the button to unstick? Thx
    11-13-13 12:08 PM
    The only thing I can think of is to push down and wiggle it a bit on the edge of it - or phone whoever you bought it from to see if they can suggest a better idea. I hope you can get it fixed.
    castoridae likes this.
    11-13-13 12:14 PM
    I seem to remember someone posting that they released their's by using some spray? - would WD 40 work?
    11-13-13 12:39 PM
    Yes! I think you're right,- it would have to be special silicon (?) spray maybe and just a tiny bit. Or an alcohol based wipe to rub over it to maybe unstick the button? I know you can get cleaner wipes for electronics - try your local future shop, best buy or london drugs?
    11-13-13 12:44 PM
    Yes! I think you're right,- it would have to be special silicon (?) spray maybe and just a tiny bit. Or an alcohol based wipe to rub over it to maybe unstick the button? I know you can get cleaner wipes for electronics - try your local future shop, best buy or london drugs?
    I know other people have had this problem, I just don't know exactly what they did or used. I know someone said 'whatever you do, do not use'....and it was some spray, but another kind was ok. I just can't find it and can't remember.
    11-13-13 01:12 PM
    Best not to use any spray. Use a small object to gently press and wiggle the button. If that fails you could call BB support.Spraying the wrong thing could introduce other damage and vid warranty if you still have one.
    castoridae likes this.
    11-13-13 01:29 PM
    Yes probably better off, the thing I used when my lock button on my Q10 stuck (sugar water was splattered from my hummingbird feeder) was a wipe made by windex that was especially made for computer keyboards and screens. The wipes are nearly dry so won't put moisture back into your keys, buttons etc.
    11-13-13 02:10 PM
    Just pop the back off of the Playbook.
    Use a guitar pick or credit card so you don't mark the edges.
    There are Youtube videos to show you how.
    11-13-13 03:08 PM