The Playbook is in this months Consumer Reports. Wi-Fi Models. They rated it 5th on the list for 7-inch tablets...The Playbook was rated a CR Best Buy...
    1. Toshiba Excite
    2. Google Nexus
    3. Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
    4. Samsung Galaxy Tab Plus
    5. Blackberry Playbook
    6. Toshiba Thrive
    7. Amazon Kindle Fire
    8. Barnes and Noble Nook Tablet

I still love my PB!!!!!
    10-19-12 03:38 PM
    Even their fifth choice gets a best buy? That's good I guess. Go Playbook?
    10-19-12 04:48 PM
    I've heard all of those tablets except the Toshiba one, which is odd since it's ranked higher than the Nexus, Galaxy and Playbook. Glad to see the PB getting some positive recognition.
    10-19-12 05:42 PM
    Everyone claims they are unbiased. CR has always had an agenda like everyone else though. Playbook is much better then the others. Toshiba? Most of us havent heard of that one.
    10-20-12 01:21 PM
    I need to point out that the Kindle Fire is rated BELOW the playbook, and yet somehow, IT has all of the missing apps that we all want. Bank of America has an updated Mobile Banking app on their website, and when you're asked what device you want to download it for, the Kindle Fire is one of the choices. There isn't a Blackberry on the list.

How did the Execs at RIM screw this all up so badly that products that are SO much younger than BB got the good stuff and we didn't??
    brianatbb likes this.
    10-20-12 03:20 PM
    I need to point out that the Kindle Fire is rated BELOW the playbook, and yet somehow, IT has all of the missing apps that we all want. Bank of America has an updated Mobile Banking app on their website, and when you're asked what device you want to download it for, the Kindle Fire is one of the choices. There isn't a Blackberry on the list.

How did the Execs at RIM screw this all up so badly that products that are SO much younger than BB got the good stuff and we didn't??
    It comes from a lot of people here needing to get off their high horse.
    10-20-12 05:06 PM

I think it has a lot to do with BB10. Even though they say playbook apps can be easily ported over, I don't think devs want to port their apps twice when the API's for 10 are already out there. Not saying that's the sole reason, but that probably plays a part.
    AfroZepher likes this.
    10-20-12 05:29 PM
    Everyone claims they are unbiased. CR has always had an agenda like everyone else though. Playbook is much better then the others. Toshiba? Most of us havent heard of that one.
    you can always claim PB is the best without evidence and i am sure most people trust CR than crackberry
    10-20-12 09:25 PM
    hey, at least it made top 5!!! good start eh. It can only get better!
    10-21-12 11:35 AM
    Consumer Reports tends to give an engineer a few hours to evaluate electronics. BlackBerry always does poorly because it takes a while to learn and appreciate how powerful and flexible they are. Conversely, Apple always does well because it takes only a few hours to explore them to their limit. I feel BB would do much better if CR would do a longer term test.
    10-21-12 11:54 AM

You got to contact these folks and let them know you want an app available for Playbook!!! If RIM can't make it happen then at least hope the bank actually values the voice of there costumers. . .
    Cracklen likes this.
    10-21-12 12:13 PM

I'm guessing it all depends on what you're looking for in a tablet. Having tried a Kindle Fire, it might have all the apps you want (that particular one isn't on my list of needs or wants) but (personally) I hated the UI and couldn't get an epub to load into an epub reader. To each his or her own. If the Playbook doesn't do it for you, sell it and get something that does. Life is too short to be unhappy.
    10-21-12 01:40 PM

I can point out a few things about the PB that I'm dissatisfied with but a BoA app isn't one of them. I use on-line banking through the browser just like I don from my PC/Laptop. In my opinion, the browser makes up for lots of "missing apps" , but my uses are probably different than the requirements of others.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-21-12 02:01 PM
    I think it has a lot to do with BB10. Even though they say playbook apps can be easily ported over, I don't think devs want to port their apps twice when the API's for 10 are already out there. Not saying that's the sole reason, but that probably plays a part.
    ________

Makes sense to me. If you build it they will come, remember those words?
    10-22-12 12:47 AM
    I don't need an app for BofA...website works perfectly. Just as it does on my laptop...weird, right?
    10-22-12 01:18 AM
    Good to see your playbook show up,
    never heard of the Toshiba Excite and just looked it up....
    Seems like the perfect tablet for me in the 7" sektor: Great AMOLED 1280x800 Display, QuadCore CPU, great built quality, dualspeakers, dualcamera with flash, MicroHDMI, USB, MICROSD...
    But now i know why i never heard of it... its waaay more expensive, arround 400-500 in germany. Well maybe it worth it, but i dont want so spend more than 250-300 on a 7" tablet.
    And it also lacks the gestures and great multitasking
    If there will be ever a new 7" Playbook i hope it has similar specs.
    10-22-12 02:11 AM
    As a standalone product, the Playbook is phenomenal. Few people, IMHO, can argue about that. Few devices can get with it hardware-wise.
    10-22-12 06:08 AM
    Tried the Kindle Fire HD and it is a very nice smooth device with great apps. Generally better than my pb except silk browser that tends to crash a lot but presume Amazon will fix that. More ergonomic than pb overall
    10-24-12 12:02 PM
    I have a Toshiba Excite. My most recent addition. It is the best small tablet I have ever used. It is the first small tablet that I have owned/tested that is better than the PlayBook. Until getting the Toshiba Excite, I was going to get an Ipad mini...now I will not...as the Excite IS THAT GOOD.
    10-24-12 04:37 PM
    Wow, I just checked out the 10-inch Excite specs? No wonder why you like it so much? Wow is all I can say...$329.00 at Walmart with a Quad-core? 16GB, 5MP HD...the list goes on...
    10-24-12 05:00 PM
    I quite often go for the CR "best buy' item !

Obviously they got it right this time
    10-24-12 05:47 PM
    They get their info by polling paying subsribers like myself, i received a generic questionere and because i own a playbook, all my responses were about pb, although i did at one time own a xoom. So i have to wonder the validity of their results as far as it has to do with each person saying if they are or arent happy with whatever product they happen to own.
    10-24-12 06:23 PM
    Exactly, people go on and on about apps, but i can go directly through my pb browser and bank on line, just like a real pc!
    10-24-12 06:26 PM