09-20-12 07:57 AM
52 123
tools
    Personal users buying multiple PB tablets are far from the norm. The number who did well add nothing to very little to the overall financial success of the device.

The 6 units you purchased at the cheaper price will negate the profit made on the original purchases. RIM rebated these companies.

For the record my former PB was AUD 800 or USD 850. I gave it away for free a few days ago, hardly used.

I still think the RIM/PB brand has been weakened as a result of this malarkey.
    09-20-12 07:43 AM
    Personal users buying multiple PB tablets are far from the norm. The number who did well add nothing to very little to the overall financial success of the device.

The 6 units you purchased at the cheaper price will negate the profit made on the original purchases. RIM rebated these companies.

For the record my former PB was AUD 800 or USD 850. I gave it away for free a few days ago, hardly used.

I still think the RIM/PB brand has been weakened as a result of this malarkey.
    Not sure about that.

If it's had a big impact on their user audience, and they plan to carry on in the tablet market, it may actually be of benefit.

When HP had their fire-sale with the TouchPad, it didn't really matter what the affect was on the market or the TouchPad user base, as they were largely abandoning that segment. So WebOS left largely languishing, doesn't really matter.

With the PlayBook, they've been available quite cheaply for some time, but only seemingly fairly recent in terms of the 64G model. Given that they don't appear to be abandoning the market, and that software seems to be improving - albeit, perhaps gradually, and to the chagrin of some users - and the rumours of BB10 being destined for the PlayBook, maybe they've done something smart and savvy, at least from a long-term view.
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-20-12 07:57 AM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD