Playbook Daily posted an interesting use for the Playbook: They are going to use it to help film the movie! This is the producers explaining how.

That's definitely thinking out of the box if you ask me!
    Michelle Haag and 33497746 like this.
    08-25-11 08:16 AM
    Thats..
    stupid. -__-
    LimeTripBlog likes this.
    08-25-11 08:17 AM
    That's really stupid, covering the body with Pb, they could use any other nice compact camera to get those shots.
    08-25-11 08:45 AM
    i wouldnt say stupid, but unnecessary. Its not like its an awful camera though...
    08-25-11 08:58 AM
    I think its a cool concept, the only thing is implementing the idea into a fight sequence without destroying the tablet. They have a very valid point in the fact that they dont lose any quality using the camera because it is in 1080p, however it probably needs some software development to really get the full potential out of it. Native sdk is going to be a big help here.
    08-25-11 11:09 AM
    I use my PlayBook to make movies all the time... unfortunately my girlfriend would not appreciate if our movies hit the big screen

--Bounce
    08-25-11 01:29 PM
    I use my PlayBook to make movies all the time... unfortunately my girlfriend would not appreciate if our movies hit the big screen

--Bounce
    What's your Paypal account...?!

. I kid.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    jmarkey77 likes this.
    08-25-11 01:34 PM
    We have been using the Playbook to shoot training videos. Have recorded and edited a few 30+ minute short films, and we are now working on a multi-PB rig. Should work very well if we can figure out a way to mount em and use at the same time.
    08-25-11 05:09 PM

. I kid.

*side eye* at Blacklac... lol lol

But in relation to the topic, I don't think it is stupid but very highly unnecessary
    08-25-11 08:03 PM
    well its certainly an interesting concept but i find the playbooks camera to be very grainy when the lighting is dim, it seems only to work well outside, i just filmed inside my room and hooked it up to my 46'' samsung it looked worse than off my 9700.

they'd be better off to use the gopro camera.
    08-25-11 08:32 PM
    If they can have a movie made entirely with the iPhone 4, then why not the Play Book?
    08-25-11 09:47 PM

. I kid.

Are you sure about what you're paying for ?
    08-26-11 03:16 AM
    I don't think they realize that when you take a video on the PlayBook it has a different almost like "zoom" that it has to do. It will be a very close up shot and I don't think they are going to get the type of shot they want. Don't get me wrong the PB takes GREAT HD videos, but not at that close of a range.
    08-26-11 07:57 AM
    I don't think they realize that when you take a video on the PlayBook it has a different almost like "zoom" that it has to do. It will be a very close up shot and I don't think they are going to get the type of shot they want. Don't get me wrong the PB takes GREAT HD videos, but not at that close of a range.
    It's not brain surgery. If you have a Playbook, it's pretty easy to shoot a movie. Yeah, there exists a bit of a learning curve. Anyone who has shot in/outdoor knows where the PB shines and where is lacks. I also filmed a 'making of' video when I filmed a production of Nikita a few weeks back. Sure, some of the footage was unusable, but I got some very decent shots as well. Lighting makes the difference.
    08-26-11 08:13 AM
    With the convertible case I can wedge my PB between the dashboard and windshield of my car... It stays put like it was glued. I had some movies of my daily commute to work, but erased them all. I live in the Dominican Republic, and the traffic down here is like driving in a Twisted Metal type video game without the guns! I don't even have to go to the gym for a cardio workout anymore, my half an hour drive is more than enough!!!

Only people that live in other 3rd world countries can relate to this, I'll try to upload something to give you guys a few laughs.
    lophreaque likes this.
    08-26-11 09:37 AM
    Hey there!!! Thank you for your comment and input!! LOL...ok...allow me to say, we will be filming on a number of hd cams (Sony NEX-VG10 and the Sony HDR-CX700V) and a Red camera on this shoot. The Blackberry Playbook would be used for additional cut away footage. It wouldn't be a primary camera, nor would we be recording sound on them. This would simply give us something different and interesting to "cut to" during action sequences. LOL at the person who called this "stupid"! SMH...that's just funny to me...but thanks! Additional motivation to do innovative things from the simplest ideas...lol...
    08-28-11 06:30 PM
    Don't worry. It's human nature to trash new ideas. Take the PB for instance. Stravinsky caused riots.
    08-28-11 07:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD