windows had 95 and xp and who knows what, Playbook sooner or later has to come out with something new, that much we know, that is how it works, no reason to doubt our current PlayBook
    02-04-12 07:30 PM
    Telus is a mobile carrier. PB with wifi only = zero incentive to carry it regardless if 3G/LTE tablets sell well or not.

PB with 3G/LTE = potentially more income from data plans.
    02-04-12 08:00 PM
    p

Read my first post. RIM discontinued Playbook in november. They are commited to release OS2 ready or not. It is over. There will not be any PB2. They must get rid of the inventory. One year product support, then nada. This board can be a source of support but you must know who to listen to. The ones calling everyone trolls and haters are not your friend.
    I've read your first post... I've read all of your posts....
    You most certainly are a "troll", and an uninformed one at that.
    Perhaps you should take your iPad and go share your opinions with some other forums.

...don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya...
    02-04-12 08:21 PM
    p

Read my first post. RIM discontinued Playbook in november. They are commited to release OS2 ready or not. It is over. There will not be any PB2. They must get rid of the inventory. One year product support, then nada. This board can be a source of support but you must know who to listen to. The ones calling everyone trolls and haters are not your friend.
    I will not assume your "troll" status like others may have already but I will ask..

Since I am sure the members here will have to tolerate your bragging if you are correct, what will you do for us when you are wrong? It is cut and dry really, once a PB2 comes to market you will be wrong if one doesn't you will be correct. Me personally, I expect one of those fantastic ALL CAPS posts with many !!!, others may not be so generous.
    02-04-12 08:42 PM
    Why is everybody sweating? Even if it's the EOL for the Playbook, RIM's future depends on QNX. So they will continue supporting the Playbook one way or the other. It's not like your Playbook is going to stop working.
    02-04-12 08:54 PM
    p

What do you get out of this nonsense talk?
    02-04-12 09:13 PM
    At best it is end of sale. End Of Life means no further support to the platform . With os2 comming out thats not the case. cheers.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    02-04-12 09:21 PM
    i dont care....i am enjoyin my playbook ever since i got it yesterday.....cant wait for os 2.0
    02-04-12 09:28 PM
    I decided to buy the PB in December, 2011, despite the fact that my family are all against it. To this date, I've never leave home without PB ! After reading a lot of functionalities of PB, the good, the bad and ugly of PB, I was convinced that this product serves my need. I want to spend money in a product that suits my need instead of following others for the brand name and popularity.

The PB duocore processor is great for me to multi task between work and entertainment. Accessing work, home or public emails was never a problem for me, fast browsing for information, sound quality, clear screen resolution, e-reading, videochat, etc. Best of all, I can use the internet via Bridge Browser where no wifi is available (I want to thank people in the forum who posed about getting Bridge Browser bypass AT& T, it's the coolest thing for my PB).

I love the PB and it will be my travelling companion to my next oversea trip
    02-04-12 10:00 PM
    I hope the new 3G model is not just a 3G version of the current device, i think the current playbook is cool and all, but with ipad 3 coming around the corner the new playbook absolutely needs to be on point. I remember seeing the demonstrations of the playbook being faster than the ipad 1 and its launch date coming just before the ipad 2 only to get bitchslapped into obscurity. If this thorsten heins has any idea as to what he is doing he will come out with a new hardware better than the ipad 3 and really has to be better hardware because blackberry cant really afford not to be a industry leader anymore.
    02-04-12 10:16 PM
    I hope the new 3G model is not just a 3G version of the current device, i think the current playbook is cool and all, but with ipad 3 coming around the corner the new playbook absolutely needs to be on point. I remember seeing the demonstrations of the playbook being faster than the ipad 1 and its launch date coming just before the ipad 2 only to get bitchslapped into obscurity. If this thorsten heins has any idea as to what he is doing he will come out with a new hardware better than the ipad 3 and really has to be better hardware because blackberry cant really afford not to be a industry leader anymore.

Sorry but if the leaked specs are true, then it will essentially be the same PB + 3g + 0.5 Ghz in SoC clock + NFC - battery life/capacity.
    02-04-12 10:21 PM
    p

I don't recall PB being discontinued in November. I did see some rumoured new PB hardware here on the blog a few days back. I am assuming OS2 will run on the new hardware as well.
    02-04-12 10:21 PM
    In terms of specs, overall performance, browsing experience, and multimedia, PB 1 (granted, with OS 2) already IS competitive with iPad 3.

Apple still has a clear edge in apps (and, yes, I could likely list hundreds that I frankly envy), but I'm not convinced the iPad 3 is going to represent the same kind of full-step its predecessor did.

The iPad I AM worried about is the rumored $299 iPad 2, but since I expect Apple to limit that to 16GB it might not prove that attractive after all.
    02-04-12 10:48 PM
    So what does this actually mean I've bought one but it's still in its box because people have told me I shouldn't buy one now I've seen this I'm sorely tempted to take it back
    Why ? Do you not like the features on it ? Or the current apps for it ? Or it's current capabilities ? Well then you never should have bought it to begin with. If you DO like all these then why would you take it back ?

Also, I've heard the reason Telus is selling then so cheap is so that they can now start stocking the PB2 with cellular capabilities. Would make sense for a cell phone company.
    02-04-12 11:35 PM
    Honest, even if true, who gives a $h1t? It's still a kick-a$$ tablet, OS 2.0 is coming in a couple of weeks, hardware is great, bridge function is absolutely amazing (data anywhere with no extra data plan required). Why would I ever want a cell-enabled version?

Onwards to the 2.0 OS!
    02-05-12 12:06 AM
    EOL? EEEEEEOOOOOOOOLLLLLLL?????
    Oh no! It's dead? Wait a minute... Hey... Mines still working... What the.... Oh I get it, you guys are just KIDDING!

Anyway, QNX is a great OS that is efficient and multitasks well. This current hardware platform should handle a couple of upgrades no sweat. My PB rocks.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    02-05-12 12:33 AM
    telus doesnt count as an announcement
    02-05-12 01:18 AM
    gave my iPad2 the wife and bought a playbook on saturday for �130, still surprised by the quality of it. much easier to use and the screen is far better. with the update soon the longevity of playbook looks good to me. oh my 9900 is being delivered on tuesday, iphone going on ebay wednesday.
    02-05-12 03:20 AM
    Guess its time to put my PB in my garage sale bin.
    pmccartney likes this.
    02-05-12 04:42 AM
    I think we all new it was inevitable ...
    hence all the heavy discounts...
    Have to point out this probably means new hardware is coming... seems i've upset some people and some here don't realise...

All PlayBooks go to heaven: Telus leak points to end-of-life status -- Engadget
    OP,

you are a tart.

personally i would not want to have the current PB to continue for ever. Hardware develops rapidly and, although i enjoy sitting across my sofa , looking at the melting snow outside of my conservatory window, whilst typing this on my playbook, I am always going to want the newer and faster processors that are ou ther, also the better screens, connectivity storage capacity and Heaven knows what else.

I want the PB to be developed and the range expanded to bigger screen and 3G and beyond.

Personally i think engadget got it wrong.

time will tell. meanwhile, i'm not worried.

i have a good 7 inch tablet that does more than most, is built like a brick outhouse, integrates with my BB handset, does video conferencing without issue, has good quality sound and hdmi output.

in fact, i like it so much and believe in it so much that i recently reccommended the PB to the CEO of my company as an alternative to samsung tablets being developed for issue to UK police forces.
    pmccartney likes this.
    02-05-12 05:56 AM
    All PlayBooks go to heaven: Telus leak points to end-of-life status -- Engadget

I would not hold my breath for new hardware. RIM is likely glad to be done with it!

New hardware IS coming, I assure you.
    Superfly_FR and kennyliu like this.
    02-05-12 07:03 AM
    My $199 Playbook does exactly what I want it to do. I use it to watch videos while travelling to/from work and also use it for work related Work, Excel, PDF documents.
    The size is perfect for me. The update to OS 2.0 will just be a bonus.
    I wouldn't have spent $400+ on any tablet. So if this is really the EOL for the Playbook 1 or all Playbooks I don't feel that I got ripped off in any way.
    EOL usually means the end of manufacturer support for a product. As in, no more OS updates or patches. I doubt that is the case with the Playbook and even if it was, so what.
    Most of the TVs sold will never see a firmware update after the first year. People still buy TVs. Not many TVs sell for $199.
    02-05-12 07:23 AM
    iPad2 is EOL soon ... so Apple is dead? LOL
    02-05-12 09:17 AM
    I don't feel like it really is EOL just because some people who are probably heavily invested in apple declare it to be EOL. Honestly I was an apple fanboy until I purchased the playbook and its potential is out of this world. Consider that the playbook isn't tied to microsoft or apples exclusive way of operating and you have a pretty versatile (and canadian yay!) system. 2.0 is going to revitalize the tablet to become one of the most desirable on the market.
    02-05-12 11:42 AM
    In my way of thinking, and believe me, when I think, people listen, the PlayBook IS the most desirable and the ONLY true pc in tablet form on the market, bar none.
    ralfyguy likes this.
    02-05-12 11:49 AM
127 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD