R r r rollllll eye eye eyeeeees! Help! My eyes! They be rolling! Ah my eyeees!

Sent from my Atrix using Tapatalk
    TinRobot likes this.
    02-04-12 07:48 AM
    Looks like 1st gen PB hardware is getting scarce. Hard to find a new 16G and 'used' prices are ridiculous in Ontario. My guess is second gen pricing will come in at prices BELOW what some of the crazies on-line are asking. So glad I did not wait for next gen hardware before getting one. RIM let us know when the next version drops; hopefully it coincides with the software update.
    Last edited by Glamrlama; 02-04-12 at 08:05 AM.
    02-04-12 07:50 AM
    This playbook is still being developed for therfor its not truely end of life. I didnt read the article, but it sounds like they are reporting about telus which is very old news. I doubt the next playbook will be much more than adding the sim capability to run 3g and LTE and possibly nfc. Buy you a couple playbooks cheap. upgrade to OS2 and enjoy a 250 dollar tab that beats all other tabs. Quit buying into the medias lies.
    02-04-12 08:00 AM
    I wish there was a thumb down option on this forum...
    If you like or don't like a thread, you can rate it using the stars at the top of the thread page. Hint - 1 star = terrible.
    02-04-12 08:05 AM
    Who cares if it is EOL? Doesn't mean it won't get updates or it will not work any more. I guess they EOL this years model of a car for next years so no one will be buying this years any longer?
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    02-04-12 08:08 AM
    This is definitely trollolol thread. Trolls just hating Cuz this is about to be the best tablet on the market. So they will spread the horrible propaganda. Stupid trolls.
    02-04-12 08:11 AM
    Wyabcp is a 3 year member and not 1 like nor 1 thank you? I wonder why...
    You do realize that Likes and Thanks have only been implemented in the last 8 or 10 months right?

Just another troll thread.
    Good thing we have you to point out legit threads vs troll threads!
    tack likes this.
    02-04-12 08:18 AM
    The new Playbooks are rumored to have a 1.5Ghz processer and are going to be 3G capable
    02-04-12 08:20 AM
    look, its prob a hardware update. mike lazaredis already said a PB 2 is in developement. just like the asus, motorola, apple tablets etc. they brought out their upgrades the next year!!! oh well, competition is rife, its to be expected!

but to get a playbook at silly prices is amazin, support for it will still continue for a long while and os2.0 is just a couple of weeks away!! if you get a playbolk 1 yiur gettin a bargain, if you get a playbook 2 sometime this year then your gettin faster specs and a chance for mobile internet, simple, stop fretting, dissing and/or panicking!! enjoy your playbook and enjoy the price!
    Azeron and kbz1960 like this.
    02-04-12 08:24 AM
    Buy an Apple device, and it is current for one year at the most. Buy a Android device, and it is current for 3months. It is the nature of technology. I love my Playbook.
    02-04-12 08:49 AM
    ...and Windows XP is end of life and has been around for more than a decade. My less than a year old HP laptop is end of life because it was replaced by a new model. The only news here, if it is true, is that you shouldn't buy from Telus. Not accepting returns on electronics is rather significant particularly since they currently have the product on sale. As far as I know, Canada does follow a US style policy re truth in advertising. Telus is obligated to tell consumers that there are no returns before purchase. Given the source is Engaged, and there is no logo on the leaked memo, I would take with a grain of salt....
    02-04-12 08:52 AM
    The playbook is not 'EOL'. This year will see the 3G+ playbook and a 10" pb.

Endgaget is a 4th class D-bag rag

The next gen 3G+ playbook has wireless and bluetooth. You can still bridge your BB and it's probably priced more competitively.
    Last edited by anthogag; 02-04-12 at 09:02 AM.
    FreeJACLive likes this.
    02-04-12 09:00 AM
    The bacon and egg sandwich I am eating right now is EOL. Other than that I am not going to panic!
    02-04-12 09:02 AM
    Buy an Apple device, and it is current for one year at the most. Buy a Android device, and it is current for 3months. It is the nature of technology. I love my Playbook.
    Exaaaaactly what is going on. Well said.

No one should be discouraged by the fact updated hardware is coming out - this hardware is still being supported and will be receiving OS updates. It has been a great deal to capitalize on!
    02-04-12 09:06 AM
    I think we all new it was inevitable ...
    hence all the heavy discounts...
    Have to point out this probably means new hardware is coming... seems i've upset some people and some here don't realise...

All PlayBooks go to heaven: Telus leak points to end-of-life status -- Engadget
    Its not dead, they're just making room for the 3g units....The new update is in a few weeks.. And it has not been declared eol by rim, just by the companies selling it.
    02-04-12 09:11 AM
    Let us see...... Telus is a mobile provider? What benefit is there to Telus to sell a wifi playbook? What benefit is there to Telus selling a whatever G playbook?
    02-04-12 09:14 AM
    RIM should sue the c*** out of Engadget for spreading false info and causing potential buyers to backoff

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    fanatical likes this.
    02-04-12 09:34 AM
    I'm more than happy with my PB that I bought For �169 at Christmas when an equivalent iPad would have cost �499.
    I had previously understood that all new PBs sold after the launch of OS2.0, would be shipped with the new OS installed, this was even before the rumours of a new 3G model. There would be little point in launching the new OS and then expecting new customers to perform the upgrade themselves, therefore the clearout of OS1 stocks.
    I would have little requirement of 3G beyond what I can achieve beyond the bridge. I also can't see the point of NFC on a tablet, it would be much more useful to me on a phone.
    Some of the anti-RIM rhetoric is becoming a bit stupid now.
    02-04-12 09:54 AM
    I wouldn't worry about EOL rating either.

If they were introducing this same exact tablet (32GB Wifi) tomorrow with everything it does even just now without 2.0 I would buy it over any other. I have no interest in the LTE version - this is RIM catering to a broader market. With tethering and Bridge this machine does everything I want it to and it does it well. They aren't changing the OS and that is what matters most to me as the hardware cannot be beat. That's my 2 cents.
    swiftex likes this.
    02-04-12 10:27 AM
    a few sources have confirmed it .. but no public announcements ...
    All this means is that the newer version will be both 3g and wifi - there will be no other difference. I recall other tabs were either wifi or 3g. Seems to me that just having one choice per size makes more sense.

Also a rumor about a 10" PB in the fall is out as well.

end of life is such an over used term. Things are always being ended. Playbook or Ipad or Tab.

I LOve Playbook. I also Like the Tab 10 - But Playbook goes better with my lifestyle and my needs.

BRING ON 2.0 (pray it will shut people up)

Cheers
    02-04-12 10:41 AM
    All PlayBooks go to heaven: Telus leak points to end-of-life status -- Engadget

I would not hold my breath for new hardware. RIM is likely glad to be done with it!
    Quite strange to say that to a "genius" but, respectfully, do you live under a rock ?
    02-04-12 10:45 AM
    As the rumoured PlayBook 2 is said to have a 1.5 GHz Dual Core processor with LTE it only makes sense that there will also be a Wi-Fi only version as well. Hence why the current ones are being cleared out and the EOL status.
    02-04-12 10:52 AM
    I think people are forgetting that it is now nearly 10 months since PB dropped for sale to consumers. People b!tch that RIM only trots out minor upgrades to aging BB hardware and software (not entirely true, but they b!tch anyway). So now they're coming out with an upgraded OS and hardware right around the 1-year mark, and people are still b!tching that the old one is going to be EOL'd.

BBWWWAAAHAAHAAAHAAAHAAAA!!!!

Thanks for the good laugh.
    fanatical likes this.
    02-04-12 11:32 AM
    EOL for PB1 makes perfect business sense.
    RIM needs to release new hardware with improvements bundle with os2 in order to raise the price back to a profittable price point. They can not just raise the PB1 just because of os2. And besides, they have already wrote down the PB1 lost. All the current discounts and free giveaway serve its purpose of getting the device into ppl's hands and generating a buzz(marketing).
    As for Telus, they are not making money on this wifi tablet. They make money on data plans. They want the 3g or lte versions. I wouldn't be surprise if they offer a 7" 3g version for $50 or less with a data plan.
    As for consumer, one will have to deside if they want to spend $200 for a great tablet or wait and spend $350-$450 for hardware improvements.
    sleepngbear likes this.
    02-04-12 11:34 AM
    All this means is that the newer version will be both 3g and wifi - there will be no other difference. I recall other tabs were either wifi or 3g. Seems to me that just having one choice per size makes more sense.

Also a rumor about a 10" PB in the fall is out as well.

end of life is such an over used term. Things are always being ended. Playbook or Ipad or Tab.

I LOve Playbook. I also Like the Tab 10 - But Playbook goes better with my lifestyle and my needs.

BRING ON 2.0 (pray it will shut people up)

Cheers
    Actually, the next PB's are supposed to have 1.5 ghz dual-core processors, up a bit from the current 1.2 ghz's. And why not.
    02-04-12 11:35 AM
127 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD