BlackBerry Connection Newsletter

Pairing your BlackBerry PlayBook with your BlackBerry smartphone lets you use and interact with the core BlackBerry services you love, like email, BBM™, calendar, and more, on the larger BlackBerry PlayBook tablet display. The notification systems are linked as well, so you'll know when you get a new email or calendar or to-do reminder.

(Xxplosive) This is the most I've seen on notifications. I hope this isn't old hat. I'm wondering if you get notifications only on the PB or if both devices make a sound.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by JRSCCivic98; 02-28-11 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Fixed Link
    02-28-11 12:13 PM
    I would wager to say the PB would have just visual queues of the notification and not audio ones. The reason being that you'd have your BB along with you to hear those notifications. The PB is just an extention of the viewpoint of the BB info, nothing more really.
    02-28-11 12:34 PM
    Makes sense, Civic.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-11 12:36 PM
    Not even sure about this, is there a LED on the playbook?
    02-28-11 01:33 PM
    Not even sure about this, is there a LED on the playbook?
    In many videos and pictures, there's something visible to the left of the front-facing camera, in the top bezel region. It could be an LED. Not many other things it could be.

And if it is, it could be in the released product too, but as it hasn't been mentioned I don't think there's any guarantee that just because it's in a demo unit it will be in the released ones.
    02-28-11 04:08 PM
    LED on a PB is a given like on a quintessential Blackberry but I also saw in app notification in one of the PB demos where a graphic appears (blinks) on the top left most corner of the app window in focus. So I think there could be two kinds of notifications on the PB.
    02-28-11 04:31 PM
    LED on a PB is a given like on a quintessential Blackberry but I also saw in app notification in one of the PB demos where a graphic appears (blinks) on the top left most corner of the app window in focus. So I think there could be two kinds of notifications on the PB.
    You are correct. I had seen a YouTube video where Ryan Bidan had a dying-battery and it had a red notification in the top left corner of the screen, but i can't find it.

Notifications and indicators - UI Guidelines - BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet - 1.0 Beta
    02-28-11 05:05 PM
    I thought of some time back and I figure like said above the blackberry goes off and the playbook then shows the message to. Led? Would be nice, but don't really know yet from the pics, that could be a light sensor.
    02-28-11 05:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD