Hey Folks,

Sorry if I repeat this topic, could not find any existing threads. I noticed recently my Playbook is not automatically refreshing the photo and video gallery with all the content on my playbook.

Example, I download or copy over a picture or video to Playbook. It is not showing up on pictures or video app. However if I use Air Browser I find the file in the download or documents directory (where all the other stuff is) and able to open it, it loads up in picture or video gallery and shows normally.

So it is only happening with newer stuff I copy. Somehow thumbnails are no longer updating on the fly, like before.

Anyone notice this? Even when I reboot it is still not showing up, and they are standard files. I need to go through air browser to open them.

Help appreciated! I'm on OS 2.0 just prior to the latest minor update.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Crackberry Tapatalk Forum app
    05-04-12 09:14 AM
    Update to the latest version of BlackBerry Tablet OS and determine whether the non-refresh recurs. This is the same advice that BlackBerry PlayBook Technical Support will give you.
    05-04-12 09:56 AM
    I use to have that happen way back under OS1.xxxx. Generally, a reboot did solve it. I thought that the pb was not doing its indexing or housekeeping immediately when I copied stuff to the pb. I have not really checked it out lately. I do know that yesterday in testing my 32gig pb's battery, I copied over a few videos to force the battery use, the videos did show up immediately. That pb is on the most current OS2.xxxx.
    05-04-12 10:08 AM
    I'm currently having this issue, I've restarted the PB twice now and no luck. Does anyone have a fix of some sort?
    01-20-13 03:51 PM
    Do those files show up if you connect via usb or wifi-sharing and check the folders?

To fix an issue, try these in order:

Restart using the Battery Icon and press Restart

Press and hold the Power button for 10-15 seconds. Then leave it for 20-30 seconds and see if it restarts.

To REBOOT:
    Press and HOLD all three keys for about 10 - 20 seconds: PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown. Start with the PowerButton. Keep holding past the 3-choice options screen. If you hear a shutter type sound, you've taken a Screen Shot and probably missed the PowerButton.
    01-20-13 08:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD