06-21-13 09:13 PM
43 12
tools
    just foolishly bought the playbook, my pc wont recognise it despite numerous deletions & re installs of the software. Tried to like it, but it's an appalling piece of equipment, backed by amateurish support. thankfully i only paid 240, giving it to my 3 year old in the morning, she will destroy it in minutes, & i'll buy the ipad i should have bought
    Now even _I_ can sense a troll when I see one! There are some non-3 year olds who could use it in a productive way.
    11-08-11 09:53 PM
    Had all ths same issues with my new Playbook,
    First Off I am an IT guy and this was a frustrating 6 hour experience

Windows would see it but DM would not connect and wanted to upgrade which would spin forever. Followed many of the tips on this site to no avail, reinstalled DM, unplugged Tablet while DM was running and removed driver and plugged in again so driver would reinstall. Saw message on driver installation that the device was unplugged when it was not. Also tried options on the playbook such as ensuring under "Storage and Sharing" That USB Connection was set to Automatic or Windows and that wi-fi sharing was off. None ot this made any difference and I still had the same issue.

The magic bullet that has worked for me and that I need to do everytime I sync is to shut off the wifi entirely. It seems that if its on that it tries to use this interface for syncing instead of the USB
    11-29-11 02:13 PM
    this problem occured to me twice and i fixed it twice with this solution.
    this problem happens because you do not safely disconnect the playbook the first time you connected it to desktop. so this are the steps.

1. go on blackberry desktop and forget the device. ( make sure playbook is plugged in)
    2. go to control panel> device manager>Universal serial bus controllers (dropdown)
    3. unistall both "USB composite device".
    4. unplug playbook
    5. close control panel and exit blackberry desktop
    6.restart computer.
    7.open BB desktop and connect playbook.

at this moment it is like connecting your playbook for the first time and it will install device software and all it needs to do. and eventually it should be recognised by the computer and BB desktop.

Now so that this problem doesn't occur again:

to remove playbook
    1. exit BB desktop
    2. go to "My computer" and eject playbook
    3. then you can disconnect playbook
    01-10-12 06:05 AM
    I have also used task manager to kill every process starting with BB or rim, then started DM and plugged in PB. Voila, worked for me. BTW if you see cpu % start to rise, check out the RIM transcode going crazy.
    01-10-12 07:23 AM
    My Playbook works Great with my Win7 64 Phenom system....No issues...I am btw using the Ultimate version..
    01-10-12 08:39 AM
    Just wondering if anyone else experiencing problems with connecting the Playbook with DM or even mass storage support. On my Desktop PC which has Windows 7 64 bit, it does not recognize. I went into Device manager and this is the error under the BlackBerry Smartphone driver:
    "Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)"

I've tried deleting the driver and reinstalling, along with DM.. Please let me know if anyone has the solution.

Thank you.

BTW: It recognized on my Windows 7 64bit Netbook but only for mass storage mode. Can't connect to DM.
    I have solution in your problem....
    Follow the instruction...
    1.goto to start menu
    2.click devices and printers
    3.double click...rim network device
    4.click...hardware
    5.double click...research and motion network device
    6.click...driver
    7.click...enable...that's it...sorry for my english....
    Edit/Delete Message
    01-11-12 11:32 AM
    1.goto to start menu
    4.click...hardware
    6.click...driver
    Edit/Delete Message
    01-11-12 11:35 AM
    Has anyone found a fix for this yet? I have the same problem as above, but I am running Windows 7 home premium 64 bit. I can connect to the PB through the network using the USB, but the desktop software will just not communicate.
    1.goto to start menu
    4.click...hardware
    6.click...driver
    Edit/Delete Message
    01-11-12 11:38 AM
    having the same problem only I have successfully connected my device even after the recent update, and now my computer is not recognizing it. I also can not find the driver in device manager.
    01-14-12 08:07 PM
    I have a new Dell Win 7 64 bit system, and had trouble with DM and my 9850 phone. It would not sync Ascendo Data Vault as an Add-In. I downloaded the DM update and it worked until yesterday, when computer recognized mass storage, but wouldn't connect DM. I rebooted the computer and phone, and still it didn't work.

Today, I did a phone battery pull (instead of letting MeterBattery reboot it), AND did a cold reboot (turned computer off, not ctrl alt del) of computer. It now works. Maybe that will help someone. I have noticed that DM seems to respond better to the phone if I open DM FIRST, then connect the phone. Might just be conincidence of course.
    Last edited by pvdiamon; 02-05-12 at 08:24 AM. Reason: fixed typo
    02-05-12 08:23 AM
    I have a 64 bit and haven't had any issues at all.
    rjedge54 likes this.
    02-05-12 08:45 AM
    Running Win 7 64 bit ultimate.

No problems.

EDIT: With SP1
    Im running Pro 64(SP1) and I have no problems.
    02-05-12 05:11 PM
    I upgraded to Win 7 64bit and encountered the same problem.

I am doing the restart PB trick as I post. Fingers crossed.
    03-09-12 05:26 AM
    Well, it resolved the issue. Thanks.

This is what CB is all about
    03-09-12 05:36 AM
    Possible Solution: What I did was a reboot of the PlayBook while it is connected via USB to your windows 7 machine.

Then the drivers will be installed ... (And of course install the latest DTM so u can do backups and sync)

Hope this helps!
    This saved the day for me, cheers
    03-09-12 05:37 AM
    I got Win7 64Bit.. Uninstalled the new DM7 and replaced it with the older DM6 I had.. after installation.. the PB wouldnt show up as a network drive like before.. It would show under network in Device manager but not as a drive in my comp.. Anyways.. I updated the DM and enable some settings within Network and Sharing and now the PB shows up like before..

OP you can give this a shot> > even try replacing the cable

before this.. i dont know if this works.. but its worth a shot.. first google to find a way to list all your hidden devices not in use in Device manager.. if rim products show up there.. uninstall all instances of the product.. and then after a reboot.. try a re connection of your device and windows should try to instal the drivers..

Disable power management of the USB hub
    Note If you perform the following procedure, you may also reduce the battery life on a portable computer.

To disable power management of the USB hub, follow these steps:
    Click Start, click Run, type Devmgmt.msc, and then click OK. The Device Manager window opens.
    Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    Right-click a USB Root Hub in the list, and then click Properties. The USB Root Hub Properties dialog box is displayed.
    Click the Power Management tab.
    Click to clear the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power check box, and then click OK.
    Repeat steps 3 through 6 for each USB Root Hub in the list.
    On the Action menu, click Scan for hardware changes.
    Last edited by varunsain; 03-09-12 at 05:46 AM.
    03-09-12 05:38 AM
    many thanks marcel38 could not get my playbook connected to my computer but your solution worked.great job
    01-08-13 03:55 PM
    What is this?! I mean... I have to struggle to get my tablet mounted on a pc?! That's just ridiculous! I don't know what is Blackberry doing, but it is doing it wrong!!! The z10 was finally a good thing but now they're bringing it down too. WHAT IS UP WITH YOU?!
    06-21-13 09:13 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD