My playbook is not recognized as a network drive until desktop manager is opened. On one PC that I use I do not have to open up the Desktop Mgr. which is very convenient in that I don't have to wait. How can I set up the other PC's to instantly recognize it as well?
    02-16-12 10:39 AM
    It used to work fine for me, until I tried upgrading to OS2.0 beta, then hard-reset and loaded back OS 1. Then it had this described problem
    02-16-12 11:03 AM
    I also have to open DM for the PB to be recognized. It also happens with my BB 9650
    02-16-12 11:17 AM
    There are some references to DRIVERS that get installed when DM is installed. I wonder if in some cases those drivers do NOT get installed and so DM must run.

In my Vista, when I open Task Manager, I see a number of separate rim/blackberry processes running even when DM is not running. So there might be something that either is not installed or not running automatically in your setup.
    02-16-12 11:31 AM
    I would have to agree.
    When I plug in either my device or PB, my PC automatically updates drivers and then recognizes it.

Maybe there's some glitch in that process which is forcing you to need DM.
    02-16-12 12:01 PM
    It's certainly required on Mac OS.
    Have to load up the BB desktop software, but don't need it for moving data on or off the tablet after it's mounted at least.
    02-16-12 12:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD