I Wiped my phone and started from scratch. I preformed a Google Sync and I now have all my Gmail contacts in my Blackberry, My issue that I'm having is when I open my address book via Blackberry Bridge from the PlayBook I get " there are no Active Contact services set up on your Blackberry Smartphone" How do I move the synced google contacts that are in my BlackBerry into the internal BlackBerry address book?? Anyone else have this issue... Am I making sense??
    05-09-12 03:31 PM
    Are you using bridge contacts or native?
    05-09-12 03:51 PM
    Any chance you put them onto the sim address book? I seem to remember blackberry having one.
    05-09-12 04:20 PM
    Any chance you put them onto the sim address book? I seem to remember blackberry having one.
    No it seems the problem is that my contacts are wireless synced with another remote service "Gmail" I cant use BB protect to back up my contacts
    05-09-12 04:25 PM
    Are you using bridge contacts or native?
    Native contacts are fine... On Bridge it says i have no services associated with my Blackberry... When I try to use protect to back up and retore it says I can't Backup contacts because they are already synced with another remote service thats what Blackberry protect tells me.. So google sync does not send the contacts to my internal Blackberry address book they seem to be stored in the address book but not internally if that makes any sense....
    05-09-12 04:30 PM
    I Wiped my phone and started from scratch. I preformed a Google Sync and I now have all my Gmail contacts in my Blackberry, My issue that I'm having is when I open my address book via Blackberry Bridge from the PlayBook I get " there are no Active Contact services set up on your Blackberry Smartphone" How do I move the synced google contacts that are in my BlackBerry into the internal BlackBerry address book?? Anyone else have this issue... Am I making sense??
    I would suggest rebooting your 9900. Essentially "restarting" the bridge, then check if your contacts are available. ~ecm
    05-09-12 04:30 PM
    No it seems the problem is that my contacts are wireless synced with another remote service "Gmail" I cant use BB protect to back up my contacts
    I got it I had to go into address book, options, gmail and unclick wireless sync.... then i used Protect to back up everything then did a restore and Now they show up .... Thanks
    05-09-12 04:34 PM
    I got it I had to go into address book, options, gmail and unclick wireless sync.... then i used Protect to back up everything then did a restore and Now they show up .... Thanks
    Hi Jonathank,

Please could you be a little bit more specific? You did it on the Blackberry or the Playbook? I got the same problem too. Many thanks!
    11-05-12 09:46 PM
    On your BB, go to Edit Gmail Account - Synchronization Options and make sure Contacts is checked.
    Still on your BB, go to Options - Device - Advanced System Settings - Default Services, and select Gmail for Contact List (SYNC). After that, you're ready to access your BB's contact list from your PB
    11-06-12 08:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD