PLAYbook is junk and i'm gonna burn it. I bought it to do 2 things FACEbook and Ebay and it sucks at both. I dealt with my phones that have struggled right out of the box to do simple things like load a web page,(it loves the message "uncaught exception net rim browser daemon ### is not responding process terminated) but no more. I'm done. Now I understand why BB is on the brink of implosion. I have stuck it out for years, but if i can't get simple stuff done on brand new equipment, i'm out for good.
    Fuzzballz likes this.
    03-12-14 06:28 PM
    Want an iPad?
    anon(1852343) and stlabrat like this.
    03-12-14 06:38 PM
    Have had 3 Playbooks for last couple of years.... never seen such an error message in my time playing with the device.... 4 whole posts.... hmmmm.....
    CerveloJohn and francois626 like this.
    03-12-14 06:39 PM
    Want an iPad?
    Negative I think samsung or a windows setup next, my blackberry stuff has ticked me off for the last time.
    koves likes this.
    03-12-14 06:40 PM
    Have had 3 Playbooks for last couple of years.... never seen such an error message in my time playing with the device.... 4 whole posts.... hmmmm.....
    thats my torch
    03-12-14 06:40 PM
    PLAYbook is junk and i'm gonna burn it. I bought it to do 2 things FACEbook and Ebay and it sucks at both. I dealt with my phones that have struggled right out of the box to do simple things like load a web page,(it loves the message "uncaught exception net rim browser daemon ### is not responding process terminated) but no more. I'm done. Now I understand why BB is on the brink of implosion. I have stuck it out for years, but if i can't get simple stuff done on brand new equipment, i'm out for good.
    You just bought it brand new....right out of a sealed box? Mine is nearly two years old with no problems. The hardware was never that robust, but it always does the job I ask. Keep in mind this is a 3 year old device.

I'm not sure the particular issue that you're describing has anything to do with any "brink of implosion". Perhaps some more info would help others to help you, but it doesn't seem like you posted here for that.
    spyeagle likes this.
    03-12-14 06:42 PM
    It will not list on ebay, (if i had known there was no ebay app i would not have bought it) and in facebook constant error messages. Brand new out of the box.
    03-12-14 06:44 PM
    I'm guessing you never bothered to Google the error message like I just did and found what is probably the solution in the first link I read.
    03-12-14 06:46 PM
    Skip the pad and get a Z30. It is a totally new Operating System not based on Java. It has the best browser on any mobile and can run many Android apps.
    03-12-14 06:48 PM
    It will not list on ebay, (if i had known there was no ebay app i would not have bought it) and in facebook constant error messages. Brand new out of the box.
    Why do you need an app for ebay? You're on a screen that can display the web site and thus doesn't really need any app that simply re-arranges the information for a smaller screen.
    CerveloJohn and stlabrat like this.
    03-12-14 06:52 PM
    Why do you need an app for ebay? You're on a screen that can display the web site and thus doesn't really need any app that simply re-arranges the information for a smaller screen.
    speed
    03-12-14 06:53 PM
    I'm guessing you never bothered to Google the error message like I just did and found what is probably the solution in the first link I read.
    why do i need to find solutions for brand new equipment?
    03-12-14 06:54 PM
    speed
    How would an app affect speed? Does the app install a faster processor?
    CerveloJohn and stlabrat like this.
    03-12-14 06:55 PM
    the apps are more streamlined and work faster.
    03-12-14 06:56 PM
    and use less data
    03-12-14 06:58 PM
    why do i need to find solutions for brand new equipment?
    You mean you've never bought something brand new and had to deal with an issue of some sort? Especially something software related? Seriously?
    03-12-14 06:58 PM
    Not 100% sure, but don't we have a thread for folks that are leaving BB?

I'm being sarcastic, yes we have a thread for people leaving.

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...t-here-260887/

Later op. Good luck in your future endeavours!

Z10 10.2.1.1925
    03-12-14 06:59 PM
    yea seriously, my new laptop has no issues doing its thing, every torch i have owned (approx 7) has struggled with the same issues.
    03-12-14 07:00 PM
    I have a video demo uploading, gimme just a minute.
    03-12-14 07:01 PM
    You just bought a 3 year old End of Life unsupported tablet and you're surprised that you're having these "issues"?!

The stock Facebook app on PlayBook stopped working years ago as it was rarely updated. However the website works very well and so does a particular version of the Android Facebook app if you sideload it (I forget which version but just Google it).

There may also be a version of the Ebay android app that runs well on PlayBook when sideloaded, but as others have said the website works really well in the browser so why do you need an app?

"Needing an app" for everything is a very Apple way of doing things, because they make the Safari browser in iOS so crap. Sometimes I think they do that on purpose to make you have to resort to going shopping in the App Store, where they want you to spend money on things you don't really need while you look for the thing you went there for in the first place, all because the browser can't cut it.

Posted via CB10 on Z30 STA100-2 /10.2.1.2141 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.1
    Last edited by johnnyuk; 03-12-14 at 07:36 PM.
    03-12-14 07:03 PM
    and use less data
    I guess all I can say is that if you bought a 3 year old device, that never really caught on to begin with, and has been sold at bargain prices in blow out sales for a long time now, and you didn't actually check to see if this device has the specific app you want (BB is not known for lots of apps to begin with) because that's one of only 2 reason you're buying it........then that's on you.
    johnnyuk likes this.
    03-12-14 07:03 PM
    The only question is: why are you here, if you're "out for good"? You seem still pretty "in" to me...

--------------------

Screen Timeout app - keep your BB10 screen awake as long as you need
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    03-12-14 07:05 PM
    You just bought a 3 year old End of Life unsupported tablet and you're surprised that you're having these "issues"?!

The stock Facebook app on PlayBook stopped working years ago as it was rarely updated. However the website works very well and so does a particular version of the Android Facebook app if you sideload it (I forget which version but just Google it).

There may also be a version of the Ebay android app that runs well on PlayBook when sideloaded, but as others have said the website works really well in the browser so why do you need an app?

"Needing an app" for everything is a very Apple way of doing things, because they make the Safari browser in iOS is so crap. Sometimes I think they do that on purpose to make you have to resort to going shopping in the App Store, where they want you to spend money on things you don't really need while you look for the thing you went there for in the first place, all because the browser can't cut it.

Posted via CB10 on Z30 STA100-2 /10.2.1.2141 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.1
    so the app quit working and no updates that makes me want to stick it out. I did sideload the ebay app and it will not finalize a listing.
    03-12-14 07:07 PM
    I guess all I can say is that if you bought a 3 year old device, that never really caught on to begin with, and has been sold at bargain prices in blow out sales for a long time now, and you didn't actually check to see if this device has the specific app you want (BB is not known for lots of apps to begin with) because that's one of only 2 reason you're buying it........then that's on you.
    not only, the fact that it would bridge with my torch is another., but now i see why it "never caught on" crap rarely does.
    03-12-14 07:08 PM
    and now the piece of crap torch "failed to upload the video" I was already shopping for a new Z blackberry but havn't pulled the trigger. Thank god for thaty, i'm done witjh crapberry. see you suckers later.
    03-12-14 07:10 PM
35 12