You are being affected by Thor mental worm! Do you think Apple produce crap? Apple and Google are the best innovated companies outthere. Do you already saw the new Google Maps? Let's see what Apple will release next month.
    William Tell didn't seem to care too much for apples!
    05-17-13 01:08 PM
    You are being affected by Thor mental worm! Do you think Apple produce crap? Apple and Google are the best innovated companies outthere. Do you already saw the new Google Maps? Let's see what Apple will release next month.
    do you mean, have I seen the new google maps ? and yes I have. but if you read my post I wasn't knocking quality of the products at all, but mentioning the mentailities of the user base of certain products
    05-17-13 02:27 PM
    You're affected by the Jobs mental worm. He didn't say Apple produces crap.
    05-17-13 02:37 PM
    I don't understand the argumentation about 'tablets have no future...bla bla bla' according to BB CEO. You can't compare a smartphone (phablet) with a 7''+ device. These are two completly different products. I don't understand why there shouldn't be any tablets in the next future anymore. -Possibly, TH did never take the time to explore PB (iPad, Andorid tablet...) Possibly, this is also confirming that TH was generously announcing to bring OS10 to PB w/o thinking (or talking back to BB tech team). Poor management....
    Last edited by Dave XII; 05-17-13 at 03:27 PM.
    JJRabbits likes this.
    05-17-13 03:07 PM
    excellent your post! a big true

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 03:24 PM
    Well what I really hate is that when they had all that overstock playbooks they needed to push, they didn't mind hinting that it would get bb10, now that they sold most of it they are keeping silent. (and actually didn't mind using sites like crackbery to do it)

Now if that is called marketing then I am a baboon this is more like I take your money and run, but the joke is on us believing we will ever get bb10.

I just hopped that after all this time they would have the decency to say "well we are not gonna do it", but no balls am afraid.

PQ
    excellent! a big true

Posted via CB10
    NoodlesMcFilthy likes this.
    05-17-13 03:32 PM
    I don't understand the argumentation about 'tablets have no future...bla bla bla' according to BB CEO. You can't compare a smartphone (phablet) with a 7''+ device. These are two completly different products. I don't understand why there shouldn't be any tablets in the next future anymore. -Possibly, TH did never take the time to explore PB (iPad, Andorid tablet...) Possibly, this is also confirming that TH was generously announcing to bring OS10 to PB w/o thinking (or talking back to BB tech team). Poor management....
    CEO's of any company have a history of spewing bogus things look at microsofts ceo and all his CE-Oh no he didn't posts ....oh steve balhmer
    05-17-13 03:34 PM
    There seems to be speculation that the PHONE (its memory, its processor, its storage and data connection, its be-all-end-all) will be the brains behind all processing. Then that phone will link (or whatever tech terms is devised) to a screen or a car's screen or a tv or a monitor and replace tablets (in other words, no need for a cpu or processor or storage (maybe local?). The phone will display whatever on that dumb screen. At least, that's what I've gleamed from some of what's been posted since he made that remark - but I could be way off base.
    05-17-13 04:20 PM
    Is wifi from phone to tablet fast enough to transfer all the image data.
    05-17-13 04:24 PM
    When Z10 sales sink and even on 149,00 no one buys BB I will be here faithfully to my Z10 & PlayBook laughing.
    05-17-13 06:12 PM
    Firstly; I have been a strong Blackberry user for more than 10 years and my family and friends know full well I am a loyal customer. But, the Blackberry CEO didn't just suggest BB10 would come to the Playbook, it was spoken clearly by him and it was that promise that sent a lot of people with their hard earned cash out to pick up a Playbook, just as I did. I didn't make a donation to temporarily save Blackberry from the doom and gloom that appeared to be a short time away. I made the purchase ONLY with the belief of the words from the CEO and I expected he could be trusted to deliver on his promise. Afterall, I'm sure the majority of Playbook purchasers were already Blackberry customers and we would not expect to be taken for a ride by the company we stood behind through these past few years. I didn't purchase the Playbook being content with the software already installed. I purchased it believing the promise from Blackberry. If it turns out it was all just a lie to dump the overstocked Playbooks, it will be Blackberry that gets dumped due to their dishonesty. I hope they will, at least, state clearly where we stand and what should be expected.
    FF22, StanWiz and NoodlesMcFilthy like this.
    05-17-13 06:20 PM
    Is wifi from phone to tablet fast enough to transfer all the image data.
    I have no idea but maybe Thor's counting on improvements in that area, too. But I will note that I was just downstairs using my pb hooked up to my (more than 4 year old Sony 40" Tech) via hdmi. But what I was viewing was "Raising Arizona" (first video I found) which was being streamed via Ghost Commander from a hard drive hooked to the usb-router located upstairs. It appeared to be running fine for the few minutes before I decided to return to "As the PB World Turns......"

So, wifi might be fine. I'll let the experts on wifi and networking answer if they do.
    05-17-13 08:51 PM
    I have a Playbook, iPad2 and a Nexus 7 and the one I constantly take out of the house with me is the PlayBook. Oh it's not because it's a superior piece of hardware, it's the one I feel has absolutely no current support and the one I would least miss if it was stolen or damaged.
    daglesj and Dave XII like this.
    05-17-13 10:00 PM
    ^^he he he...

But in the process, every time you are coming home with your PlayBook (obviously not lost or stolen), you are using it more than your other tablets...

Posted via Z10
    sad_old_man and dmlis like this.
    05-17-13 11:11 PM
    I keep my one 2.1 updated playbook and my rooted one which works great has access to the android market its spanish one since the us and canada version require update but no biggie still works and I can also sideload if needed
    05-18-13 11:27 AM
    Blackberry have run the maths I'm sure. Factoring in the following and others.

Number of Playbooks out there actually sold.

Number of Playbooks actively connecting to the Blackberry World and purchasing content.

Amount of Playbooks that stop connecting to Blackberry World each month (decline/attrition as I doubt it's increasing)

Amount of average revenue per year for the active Playbooks.

Number of predicted Playbooks that will still be active/functioning in 12 months time. (how many of you won't be tempted to buy a lovely new HD capable tablet come xmas?)

Loss of future predicted Playbook revenue compared to development costs and continued support of getting BB10 on the Playbook for possibly 12 months of use?
    JeepBB likes this.
    05-18-13 12:05 PM
    Blackberry have run the maths I'm sure. Factoring in the following and others.

Number of Playbooks out there actually sold.

Number of Playbooks actively connecting to the Blackberry World and purchasing content.

Amount of Playbooks that stop connecting to Blackberry World each month (decline/attrition as I doubt it's increasing)

Amount of average revenue per year for the active Playbooks.

Number of predicted Playbooks that will still be active/functioning in 12 months time. (how many of you won't be tempted to buy a lovely new HD capable tablet come xmas?)

Loss of future predicted Playbook revenue compared to development costs and continued support of getting BB10 on the Playbook for possibly 12 months of use?
    now think how many people would pick up their playbooks after they find an update is available to their once beloved tablet, this update can make them love this fantastic device all over again
    MasterOfBinary likes this.
    05-18-13 12:17 PM
    now think how many people would pick up their playbooks after they find an update is available to their once beloved tablet, this update can make them love this fantastic device all over again
    Possible but how would they know if they have moved on and are using a better device? I rarely visit the WebOS part of this organisation now and wouldn't have a clue if an update was there. The Pre2 is switched off, gathering dust on a shelf with all the other old phones. Do I care? Not much, I'm over it. I'll survive.

Once I fully stop using a device I rarely go back to the forums/user groups. I still use my Playbook for ebooks and the odd bit of fiddling around but my use has dropped by 75% since I got it in September. Still sits nicely on my desk in it's docker though. Hence why I pop back here time to time.

Few people tend to go backwards with their tech, not if they are happy with what they have currently. If folks have got used to the Apple App Store or Google Play why would they go back to the BB10 App environment on their Playbooks? What would be the truly unique draw to make them go back?

A few might but not enough for the bean counters at BB to give it the thumbs up I reckon.
    05-18-13 12:25 PM
    I have a Playbook, iPad2 and a Nexus 7 and the one I constantly take out of the house with me is the PlayBook. Oh it's not because it's a superior piece of hardware, it's the one I feel has absolutely no current support and the one I would least miss if it was stolen or damaged.
    Well, iPad and Nexus as furniture items... interesting application.
    05-18-13 12:29 PM
    Okay, if BB is planning on following through with their BB10 promise why is there no response from them here? (Crickets Chirping) .

I bought a PB with the thought that when my current work phone expired I would go to the Z10. I don't know if BB realize I can't wait for months without a phone. So the Galaxy Note2 looks like my next phone. BB must recognize that once I have another 3 year contract on an Android they won't be luring me into anything for a long time.

Get it together BB. Like the Toronto Maple Leafs it looks like you're getting good at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.
    05-19-13 10:40 AM
    If you are going to get me a poster, I'd like this one (I foolishly sold mine years ago):
    Sadly , right after the photo shoot....Playbook not getting BB10 update?-bigsnake.jpg
    JeepBB and sad_old_man like this.
    05-19-13 11:51 AM
    Sadly , right after the photo shoot....Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bigsnake.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	31.5 KB 
ID:	163268
    YECH!
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-19-13 12:05 PM
    YECH!
    Did the snake eat your bird and your poster F2? Wow what an appetite!
    05-19-13 02:43 PM
    If this is the BB CEO vision then the company deserves to die. Already Windows Phone is above BB in numbers of terminals. So...
    I have no more expectations from BB as a company or PB as a tablet. Guys, wake up! There is no third party software support for BB! The PB is a dead product and the Z10 and other BB10 phone are soon to follow. Why? What can you do with a BB that cannot be done with an iPhone or other phone? What is the USP of the new phone line?
    I know that after my post a lot of you will shout troll but I am just ventilating my 900 USD I paid for two worthless PB pieces of crap.
    05-19-13 04:23 PM
    I think that Playbooks owners were abandoned by BB0
    05-19-13 05:19 PM
108 ... 2345