Not that fussed.. Sort bridge out and I'll be happy
    Actually I agree.

Posted via CB10
    anon(1852343) and Harryl6134 like this.
    05-14-13 04:50 PM
    From the time Kevin released that article about PB may not get BB10, I figured it would never come.
    05-14-13 04:59 PM
    After Thorsten said absolutely Playbook would get 10!?! Another broken promise. Think i will stick with my PlayBook/9900 combo for quite a while.
    I know people think promises have been broken when tbe source was just a rumor, but this is an actual broken promise. words from his own mouth. he didn't say no, but he did avoid a direct question

Sent from an ATM
    RubberChicken76 likes this.
    05-14-13 05:31 PM
    two year's waiting.
    still counting!
    05-14-13 05:36 PM
    Be dead before it happens. As usual users got the shaft.

Give me real root access so I can hack it I would be a happy camper
    cycletronic likes this.
    05-14-13 05:38 PM
    two year's waiting.
    still counting!
    You were waiting for BlackBerry 10 on PlayBook the month after PlayBook 1.0 was released and a year before BBX was announced?
    scorepion likes this.
    05-14-13 06:20 PM
    First dibs and you go for rump roast? No accounting for taste.
    FF22, Chaddface and sad_old_man like this.
    05-14-13 06:28 PM
    Can I have a piece of rump as well like F2?
    Go get your own poster that's going to have a cow.
    sad_old_man and thedark722 like this.
    05-14-13 06:57 PM
    Not that fussed.. Sort bridge out and I'll be happy
    While that would be nice, I expect that less than I do bb10 on the pb.
    JeepBB likes this.
    05-14-13 06:59 PM
    Will check... but am sure someone at BB has made the comment that BB10 would be released "Later this year".... found link...http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...r-year-766542/ ...seeing as Mr. Saunders said it... I would hardly state "No one said so".... may not be official announcement but was said by a BB exec....

I have not expectation for a tablet over 2 years old.... heck ... my trusty Ipad 1 will never see more that IO 5.1... so this is not just BB.....
    05-14-13 07:34 PM
    Been loyal to BB for about 5 years now, i am going to use my PB till it dies will stay with my 9800 torch till then (my contract with att is up and could get a Z10) but i love the bridge, by that time hopefully someone will come up with something better tired of the BS from BB guess someone else will get my money when that day comes, what a shame but i guess that is what happens with a publicly traded company thats is struggling
    05-14-13 08:29 PM
    Where did Thorsten Heins come out and say, "I am not bringing BlackBerry 10 to PlayBook!!!!"?

This is a journalist speculating. End of story.
    I do like your fighting spirit...

This is what we really need right now...

Posted via Z10
    05-14-13 08:54 PM
    You were waiting for BlackBerry 10 on PlayBook the month after PlayBook 1.0 was released and a year before BBX was announced?
    Yes, since I bought it, I'm waiting a proper update. 1.0 was joke and 2.0 a poor cosmetic revamp.
    I paid 500K. On this days you have 60k Chinese tablets running android 4.0 on 800gh processors.
    05-14-13 08:56 PM
    Will check... but am sure someone at BB has made the comment that BB10 would be released "Later this year".... found link...http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...r-year-766542/ ...seeing as Mr. Saunders said it... I would hardly state "No one said so".... may not be official announcement but was said by a BB exec....

I have not expectation for a tablet over 2 years old.... heck ... my trusty Ipad 1 will never see more that IO 5.1... so this is not just BB.....
    I have no doubt that rim could successfully blame the Anthony Weiner sexting scandal on this tweet. It was not originated by rim at all!
    05-14-13 09:04 PM
    Tenderloin please and thank you
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-15-13 12:32 AM
    Tenderloin please and thank you
    Me too, with Stilton cheese in the middle and a bit of wholeseed mustard on the side.
    sad_old_man and FF22 like this.
    05-15-13 03:10 AM
    Also I am no fanboy and have probably been accused of being a troll more times than you've made posts!.
    I've done the count, you are correct.
    Now, that is something you don't often hear.
    sad_old_man and FF22 like this.
    05-15-13 04:17 AM
    Be dead before it happens. As usual users got the shaft.
    What shaft? You bought a Playbook, you've got a Playbook.
    It would be a but silly to buy a Playbook based on what you think it might be in the future.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-15-13 04:22 AM
    Once again ye of little faith perch their lips to say what will not be. As it was in the beginning so shall it be in the end (Meaning Blackberry was once #1 and will end up #1 again under Thor's rule).

We were once told that BB10 would not make it to release after the first time they delayed in 2012. 2013 now almost everyone here raced to get a Z10 (myself included. Even as far as switching carriers). Q10 release is coming and our HARDCORE qwerty keyboard lovers will race to get that.

Do I believe that an update for the Playbook will be coming. Yes I do. I keep the faith. He didn't say yay or nay on the subject. And for those that said he avoided the question about the Playbook when it was raised, I ask you this; How many questions has he avoided about the new BB10 platform before it was released? He avoided questions about the future of BES. IF you really have been paying attention to THOR, he is REALLY good a keeping new developments under wrap until it is released.

If I'm not mistaken A lesser model of a BB10 phone was just a "RUMOR" and now the Q5 was announced to be released in the coming months. Whether the plan is to release a Blackberry Fablet or to update the current Playbook from 2.1 to BB10 or to release an entirely new tablet all together.. Either way.. if you own a Z10, you own the new version of the 16GB Playbook. No one picked up on why they stopped producing them last year? Is that to say that new Playbooks or the update will NOT be released. That's not what I'm saying at all.

All I'm saying is.. we will know when we see it. OR when we don't.

For now. We are all Blackberry Users and Abusers and Geniuses and Guru's. We want the best for this company as a whole. We want the Playbook to remain relevant and useful (I for sure want mine to). The only thing we can do now is wait and see. But I truly believe that Thor will not leave us Playbook users out in the cold like that with a useless tablet. Something great will be coming down the line for the Playbook.

Just wait and see... because that's all we can do for now.
    05-15-13 04:49 AM
    Where did Thorsten Heins come out and say, "I am not bringing BlackBerry 10 to PlayBook!!!!"?

This is a journalist speculating. End of story.

What is with people in these forums talking about promises made and promises broken and then passing off their personal speculations, rumours and innuendo as proof????

I'm as disappointed as anyone they didn't give an update on the timeline for it, but honestly - if I read one more goddamn, "BlackBerry is not bringing BB10 to PlayBook", "PlayBook doesn't have specs to run BB10" or "BlackBerry has discontinued the PlayBook" thread, I think I'm going to have a cow!!!

Stop fricken passing off rumours as 'facts' people!
    A singular voice of reason in the wilderness of madness.

Truth be told, I'm not at all fussed about BB10 on my PlayBooks. I'd like Skype when it gets released for BB10, and I'd like the version of Kindle that's available on BB10, otherwise, though, think I'd actually rather use the PlayBook's OS, than BB10.
    05-15-13 04:52 AM
    ...We want the Playbook to remain relevant and useful (I for sure want mine to). ...
    Agree with the sentiment. My PB works fine ... what I am hoping for is the ability to run skype .. and the ability to use USB2Go ... will make it brilliant
    and with Currys in UK selling the 64GB PB for 100 GBP ... its a great deal I think ... am tempted to go in for a second one

Cheers
    05-15-13 05:16 AM
    So all set, with BB all together. Done nothing put strung us along. Gave up the phone, best thing, now to start looking for different tablet. What a joke.
    05-15-13 07:40 AM
    Attached Thumbnails Playbook not getting BB10 update?-imcow2ages.jpg  
    Angus_CB, FF22, JeepBB and 2 others like this.
    05-15-13 07:59 AM
    I have a Samsung Galaxy phone and I was waiting for the BB10 upgrade for the Playbook to switch to a Z10. I guess that will not happen. No problem. No BB phone for me and time to sell my BB shares. There are many other exciting phones on the market. In my opinion Thorsten is stupid if he thinks tablets are going away. Even if he's right and they will go away, I doubt people will replace them with BB products.

I own five Playbooks, all bought on the promise of BB10 coming to them.
    Last edited by Dogarila; 05-15-13 at 08:17 AM.
    taz323 and RS_Ford like this.
    05-15-13 08:05 AM
    This is twice I've caught you on camera now F2!
    Attached Thumbnails Playbook not getting BB10 update?-imacowges.jpg  
    FF22 and Harryl6134 like this.
    05-15-13 08:53 AM
108 1234 ...