05-14-13 02:20 PM
    I don't see anything but a white blank page...I just upgraded to FireFox 21 though so anything is possible..

I had to use IE10 to read this if you can believe that?

BlackBerry CEO Thorsten Heins downplayed suggestions that the company would be releasing a BlackBerry 10 update for the PlayBook instead focusing on what he described as 'the future view of tablets'.

Speaking at an executive Q&A with the world's press Heins was asked about the release schedule for a BB 10 update on BlackBerry PlayBook, the CEO then responded by avoiding the question directly instead focusing on their current products.

"We’ve talked about PlayBook numerous times now, the pure hardware play is not really making a lot of sense, now I have to think of BlackBerry 10 as a platform not just as a product."

"So going forward we will focus on that future view of tablet (whatever that constitutes) I want to focus on the future, and that’s where I’m going to spend our R&D money money on."

Only a few weeks ago the BlackBerry CEO was quoted as saying that tablets would in fact be gone in five years with tablets like the Kindle and the iPad being replaced by a single mobile device.

This would tie in with a leak today which stated that BlackBerry was working on a larger 5-inch version of the BlackBerry Z10 in an effort to take on the likes of the Samsung Galaxy S4.
    Last edited by chaosdivine; 05-14-13 at 02:41 PM.
    Made in flanders likes this.
    05-14-13 02:30 PM
    You dragged me out of my cellar just to tell me that? Mutter mutter mutter.............
    shaankaleem likes this.
    05-14-13 02:31 PM
    After Thorsten said absolutely Playbook would get 10!?! Another broken promise. Think i will stick with my PlayBook/9900 combo for quite a while.
    05-14-13 02:34 PM
    Breaking promises means breaking trust. Perhaps it is too early to infer too much from a failure to answer directly but I do feel a 'I'm never buying any blackberry tablet again' style diatribe welling up deep inside ...

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 03:00 PM
    Strange that something so monumental, or just plain mental, doesn't warrant a mention on the CB main site...
    05-14-13 03:07 PM
    Breaking promises means breaking trust. Perhaps it is too early to infer too much from a failure to answer directly but I do feel a 'I'm never buying any blackberry tablet again' style diatribe welling up deep inside ...

Posted via CB10
    It's built into the BB culture. I remember waiting for months for a software fix for the STORM1, only to have them release an improved STORM2 with hardware capable of running the OS eight months or so later. Leaving all the STORM1 owners wondering why they ever bought the famed iPhone killer.
    05-14-13 03:10 PM

Posted via CB10
    Pssssssttt, I hate to be the one that breaks the bad news to you, but you already own the only tablet they make!
    05-14-13 03:14 PM
    On the plus side my gadget lust for a surface RT just came to the top of my list...

Posted via CB10
    dphjeff likes this.
    05-14-13 03:15 PM
    Well what I really hate is that when they had all that overstock playbooks they needed to push, they didn't mind hinting that it would get bb10, now that they sold most of it they are keeping silent. (and actually didn't mind using sites like crackbery to do it)

Now if that is called marketing then I am a baboon this is more like I take your money and run, but the joke is on us believing we will ever get bb10.

I just hopped that after all this time they would have the decency to say "well we are not gonna do it", but no balls am afraid.

PQ
    05-14-13 03:18 PM
    Does this mean I can stop pressing my update button now?
    FF22, bitek, anon(1852343) and 7 others like this.
    05-14-13 03:31 PM
    Pssssssttt, I hate to be the one that breaks the bad news to you, but you already own the only tablet they make!
    Haha. For now I'm just venting spleen please move along nothing to see here

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 03:35 PM
    Haha. For now I'm just venting spleen please move along nothing to see here

Posted via CB10
    "vent one's spleen"
    Fig. to get rid of one's feelings of anger caused by someone or something by attacking someone or something else.

I'm almost sure that's the definition of a troll?
    05-14-13 03:59 PM
    Oh for goodness sake Sad Old Man I'm not a troll. I love my q10 and my PlayBook. I'm just talking openly and expressing an opinion on a day we haven't heard what we hoped to. If you want to level the accusation of being a troll at everyone who isn't playing fanboy tonight good luck you will be busy.

Relax and lighten up. I was trying to be light hearted to you in my earlier post. Let's not argue eh? There is far too much of that round here, and I hoped we were all had one thing in common here - hope for more from a valued tool we all chose.

Posted via CB10
    d.flex likes this.
    05-14-13 04:05 PM
    After Thorsten said absolutely Playbook would get 10!?! Another broken promise. Think i will stick with my PlayBook/9900 combo for quite a while.
    Where did Thorsten Heins come out and say, "I am not bringing BlackBerry 10 to PlayBook!!!!"?

This is a journalist speculating. End of story.

What is with people in these forums talking about promises made and promises broken and then passing off their personal speculations, rumours and innuendo as proof????

I'm as disappointed as anyone they didn't give an update on the timeline for it, but honestly - if I read one more goddamn, "BlackBerry is not bringing BB10 to PlayBook", "PlayBook doesn't have specs to run BB10" or "BlackBerry has discontinued the PlayBook" thread, I think I'm going to have a cow!!!

Stop fricken passing off rumours as 'facts' people!
    05-14-13 04:07 PM
    Oh for goodness sake Sad Old Man I'm not a troll. I love my q10 and my PlayBook. I'm just talking openly and expressing an opinion on a day we haven't heard what we hoped to. If you want to level the accusation of being a troll at everyone who isn't playing fanboy tonight good luck you will be busy.

Relax and lighten up. I was trying to be light hearted to you in my earlier post. Let's not argue eh? There is far too much of that round here, and I hoped we were all had one thing in common here - hope for more from a valued tool we all chose.

Posted via CB10
    tut tut, temper temper....... How can you get annoyed about something that hasn't been said? Are we not supposed to wait until someone says "its definitely not going to happen" before we start venting our spleen? Also I am no fanboy and have probably been accused of being a troll more times than you've made posts!.

Chill out and relax a little.
    05-14-13 04:14 PM
    Where did Thorsten Heins come out and say, "I am not bringing BlackBerry 10 to PlayBook!!!!"?

What is with people in these forums talking about promises made and promises broken and then passing off their personal speculations, rumours and innuendo as proof????

I'm as disappointed as anyone they didn't give an update on the timeline for it, but honestly - if I read one more goddamn, "BlackBerry is not bringing BB10 to PlayBook", "PlayBook doesn't have specs to run BB10" or "BlackBerry has discontinued the PlayBook" thread, I think I'm going to have a cow!!!

Oh I have to know what that means, please please tell!!!!!!!!
    05-14-13 04:17 PM
    There was a time when things were looking pretty grim and I thought a BB10 phone would never make it to the market. BlackBerry proved me wrong. I'm hoping they come through with BB10 for PlayBook, but even if they don't, it's still a great tablet with plenty of useful life left in it. It still has the best OS of any 7" tablet out there.
    05-14-13 04:21 PM

Can I have the rump roast?
    RubberChicken76 likes this.
    05-14-13 04:23 PM
    tut tut, temper temper....... How can you get annoyed about something that hasn't been said? Are we not supposed to wait until someone says "its definitely not going to happen" before we start venting our spleen? Also I am no fanboy and have probably been accused of being a troll more times than you've made posts!.

Chill out and relax a little.
    Relax too, friend I'm not annoyed. We are on the same side. Apologies if you think I was calling you a fanboy that was not my meaning. Niether of us are trolls ok? Peace

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 04:24 PM
    Relax too, friend I'm not annoyed. We are on the same side. Apologies if you think I was calling you a fanboy that was not my meaning. Niether of us are trolls ok? Peace

Posted via CB10
    Can I have a piece of rump as well like F2?
    05-14-13 04:31 PM
    not the best day. first my update failed and now i have to reload os completely. now this. playbook without new apps will die natural death.
    05-14-13 04:33 PM
    Does this mean I can stop pressing my update button now?
    Yours still works? Mine's worn out...
    todbanner, dogger222 and JeepBB like this.
    05-14-13 04:34 PM
    Can I have a piece of rump as well like F2?
    Haha fair point. I'm with you both on that at this point in the evening now anyway. I will have mine rare. Just take the horns off and wipe his **** pls

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 04:37 PM
    Not that fussed.. Sort bridge out and I'll be happy
    Harryl6134 likes this.
    05-14-13 04:49 PM
108 123 ...