Long time lurker here. recently when i have turned off the playbook using the battery icon. I noticed that the screen was still backlit. i have had to do a hard reset to power it down fully 3 times now. Is there a better way to power it down? Also i wonder if this is why a lot of people are getting flat batteries lately.
    05-05-13 05:10 AM
    Long time lurker here. recently when i have turned off the playbook using the battery icon. I noticed that the screen was still backlit. i have had to do a hard reset to power it down fully 3 times now. Is there a better way to power it down? Also i wonder if this is why a lot of people are getting flat batteries lately.
    Do you mean fully powered off or just in standby?

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    05-05-13 05:55 AM
    It takes some time to fully power down. Mine sometimes takes a few minutes. Also, if you have it plugged in while turned off the backlight will stay on.
    05-05-13 07:22 AM
    Fully powered off and not connected to charger. Even after 10 minutes screen was still backlit. first time it happened playbook wouldn't switch on until hard reset.
    05-05-13 12:38 PM
    Fully powered off and not connected to charger. Even after 10 minutes screen was still backlit. first time it happened playbook wouldn't switch on until hard reset.
    I know the backlight on my PlayBook will also take bit of time to switch off after a full power down but it does turn off.
    Any recent updates or new apps installed this happened?
    Did it ever work normally?

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    05-05-13 02:15 PM
    No new updates or apps recently. Always worked fine before. guess i'll take it back to pc world for a repair or replacement as it's probably a software issue.
    05-06-13 11:17 AM