Just a few days ago, my Playbook decided to stop detecting my Bold 9780. It is frustrating because I use the Playbook for calendar and to read emails (have 10+ accounts for separate projects/businesses). I don't prefer reading from such a small screen on the Bold.

However, I've checked about updates, power cycled both repeatedly, tried to detect and re-add the phone again, but nothing works. I've googled for answers but most talk about Desktop manager and the Playbook. I'm not tech savvy with Blackberry's but I've relied on them for many years to just work and be simple about it.

Anyone have any tips or answers? I've become increasingly frustrated over the years, also own a generous amount of RIMM shares, which doesn't help its case. I created an account on Crackberry because I'm out of options and a friend of mine suggested for help here. Any advice is tremendously appreciated.
    09-29-11 02:51 PM
    I don't have that bb phone but my 9650 began to have problems with the bridge function after I updated to the newest version of bridge. I don't recall the version #.

It would occur in the morning after my bold turned back on at 6am. I would have to futz around on the playbook using the actual options (gear symbol) for wifi and bluetooth. Using the icons at the top of the main screen for wifi/bt did not re-enable it.

I finally rolled back to an earlier version of the bridge software on the 9650. Archived versions can be found by using your phone to navigate to rroyy.com and then following links till you find the ota versions of both newer and older bridge versions. It is something you can try.

Good luck
    09-29-11 05:31 PM
    Have you deleted bridge off of your phone and rebooted it then removing the phone from the playbooks bridge profile and bluetooth profile and rebooted and redownloaded the bridge to your phone and reboot it and then trying to pair?
    09-29-11 05:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD